Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Arriving on QR - departing on CX (DOH)

Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBD, QR Platinumr, HH Gold, Intercont Platinum Ambassador,CC Gold

Greetings,

I am arriving on QR from OSL, departing for the red-eye (CX640) to HKG.
What lounge will I be able to use
I am QR-Silver, AB-Gold - traveling on QR/CX - CX stock,

Please advice,

Regards from winter Oslo (-18C)
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by peterfox
Greetings,

I am arriving on QR from OSL, departing for the red-eye (CX640) to HKG.
What lounge will I be able to use
I am QR-Silver, AB-Gold - traveling on QR/CX - CX stock,

Please advice,

Regards from winter Oslo (-18C)
I'm in the same situation as you, so i did quite alot of research on this matter a few weeks ago.
All trip reports i have read has told that Al Mourjan is the lounge CX uses for their customers travelling in business. If you are travelling in economy, it seems you will be granted access to a contract lounge with your AB-Gold membership.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:19 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
That is correct https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...ungeaccess/DOH
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Transitting in Doha

The Al Mourjan lounge is exclusive to business class flyers and above, irrespective of status, i.e. as a OWE flying in economy there is no access.

Staff are permanently positioned at the bottom of the entrance escalator to check boarding passes, and they nearly always question anyone with a CX Business BP!

For Y passengers with status there is the QR Oryx Lounge which makes no pretence in being the place for the lower class OW status holders. It is somewhat disappointing.

If there is time you might want to consider the 2 hours free Doha tour. I have not done it personally so cannot say if it is any good. The Doha West Bay skyline looks like the architects were on some serious drugs.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBD, QR Platinumr, HH Gold, Intercont Platinum Ambassador,CC Gold
Originally Posted by Nicc HK
The Al Mourjan lounge is exclusive to business class flyers and above, irrespective of status, i.e. as a OWE flying in economy there is no access.

Staff are permanently positioned at the bottom of the entrance escalator to check boarding passes, and they nearly always question anyone with a CX Business BP!

For Y passengers with status there is the QR Oryx Lounge which makes no pretence in being the place for the lower class OW status holders. It is somewhat disappointing.

If there is time you might want to consider the 2 hours free Doha tour. I have not done it personally so cannot say if it is any good. The Doha West Bay skyline looks like the architects were on some serious drugs.
But would CX Business class have access to the Al Mourjan lounge?
I had access this summer while CX640 was in code-share with QR
Old Jan 7, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Yes CX Business Class passengers do have access to Al Mourjan lounge but it is reluctantly given.

It seems staff try and point non-QR business passengers to the Oryx Lounge.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
On the two times I flew DOH-HKG with CX in J I was never reluctantly given access or questioned. A simple scan of the boarding pass before the escalator and I was welcomed up to the lounge.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
I was on j class CX640 but sold by QR. At the bottom of the the escalator of the Al Moujan lounge was asked to see someone at upstairs, this is unusual compared to the times I flew purely QR J class. On reaching the top of the escalator someone checked my BP and I was allowed access to problems. My BP did specifically state 'CX640 sold as QR Xxxx'

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.