No More Cathay Delights?

Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
On my most recent JFK-HKG flight this week, even though Cathay Delight was on the J menu, when I requested from the cabin crew, I was told there was none and that it's only available on flights ex HKG.

Which isn't quite true because I've had Cathay Delight on my many ex SIN flights.
The explanation was not quite right. They do carry oriental breeze and CD on different months, so your flight might be on OB scheduled month.
royng likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:31 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, SQ PPS, UAPP, Hyatt Globalist
They still make it at outstation lounges with a bartender. Since they don't have the mix at the outstation lounges, they make it with fresh ingredients, which makes it taste so much better, Just had one in BKK last week ^
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: CX ows, DL E+
Originally Posted by snorlax04
They still make it at outstation lounges with a bartender. Since they don't have the mix at the outstation lounges, they make it with fresh ingredients, which makes it taste so much better, Just had one in BKK last week ^
Funny
I also had one in BKK around August last year, and it tasted much different from the mix
I guess yory experience may vary from different bartenders
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Sozee
Funny
I also had one in BKK around August last year, and it tasted much different from the mix
I guess yory experience may vary from different bartenders
Last time i was in BKK, i saw them making it from scratch, like kiwi juice, mint leaves and cream in a blender....the ones on board I believe are powered mixed with kiwi juice.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:06 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
When I was in BKK I saw them blend apples instead of kiwi. It tasted great.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
It was on a couple of longhaul J menus this month (even months= Cathay delight), with one other signature drink (forget which one).

However I didnt see any on the PDB tray on either, and one of the flights had an interesting mint based green drink on the tray..had thought that Id check during the flight if it had been catered, but completely forgot to ask..
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by jagmeets
For those who like their CX Delight, but prefer a bit of zing, give the Wanchai Ferry a shot- not sure about The Wing, but the guys at the bar fix up a mean one...it wasn't on the bar menu of late, but they still do it.

And yes, Cathay Delight's on in even months.
What exactly is it? I tried to search on Google but was only able to find a photo from another FT thread, no description. I also only have heard of Wanchai Ferry dumplings.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Daniel Solis
On the ground are cathay delights available in all cathay lounges or just HKG?
TPE always has it.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by andersonCooper
The explanation was not quite right. They do carry oriental breeze and CD on different months, so your flight might be on OB scheduled month.
I believe CX Delight is only loaded ex-HKG. If the outbound flight used up everything, the inbound flight has nothing left, so they rely on their inventory.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:27 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
OIC that's why it was available on my SGN-HKG (probably backcatered) (did appear a little curdled, but I had no stomach difficulties after drinking it)
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Last time i was in BKK, i saw them making it from scratch, like kiwi juice, mint leaves and cream in a blender....the ones on board I believe are powered mixed with kiwi juice.
there thankfully isnt any cream (there is coconut milk though).
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: CX, Hyatt
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I believe CX Delight is only loaded ex-HKG. If the outbound flight used up everything, the inbound flight has nothing left, so they rely on their inventory.
Actually I don't think that's true - from my memory there are quite a few ports doing it.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by PacificSunrise
Actually I don't think that's true - from my memory there are quite a few ports doing it.
Interesting! I remember quite a few times the FA told me they have no more CX Delight or this "would be their last one" (sorry, I usually take several glasses if on long-haul J) because the inventory was nearly depleted on the outbound flight already. Perhaps some airports can load more while others can't?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Interesting! I remember quite a few times the FA told me they have no more CX Delight or this "would be their last one" (sorry, I usually take several glasses if on long-haul J) because the inventory was nearly depleted on the outbound flight already. Perhaps some airports can load more while others can't?
I've certainly been told on-board that the stock of Cathay Delights was nearly or completely gone, but I just thought they only load a certain amount, so if demand is high they run out quickly. But maybe catering at some stations stock it while others don't?
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:04 pm

Programs: CX, Hyatt
Originally Posted by anabolism
I've certainly been told on-board that the stock of Cathay Delights was nearly or completely gone, but I just thought they only load a certain amount, so if demand is high they run out quickly. But maybe catering at some stations stock it while others don't?
It also depends if ernestnywang is on your flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.