Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Eagle2000
This thread is for specific A350 discussion.

For discussion regarding the A350-1000 please discuss here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1909549-a350-1000-general-discussion.html

Seating Guide
A350 Seating Guide

Routes to be serviced by A350:
Cathay Pacific full fleet and route guide (search for 35G for A350): Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Useful thread: New route speculation for Cathay

Already operating or confirmed (date of commencement)
Amsterdam
Auckland
Barcelona
Brisbane
Brussels
Capetown
Christchurch
Dublin
Frankfurt (March 31, 2019)
London Gatwick
Madrid
Manchester
Melbourne
Newark
Paris
Perth
Rome
San Francisco
Seattle (March 31, 2019)
Toronto (Su,W,F Oct 31 2019)
Tel Aviv
Vancouver
Washington DC
Zurich (March 31, 2019)
​​​​​​

Existing routes, speculated future equipment change to A350
Chicago
Milan
Los Angeles

Speculated future routes
Print Wikipost

A350 general discussion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
==
Anyway, I have still to fly on an A350 that has had no problems at all. Every plane has had cracked mirrors, and most of them have problems with flimsy doors. I can't imagine I haven't been on a plane that hasn't been "rectified" so I think that even with rectification, the fitout of these planes is low quality.[/QUOTE]
==

That's what I was alluding to in my post regarding the recent flight on B-LRF, everything seemed so flimsy and low quality compared to the fit and finish of the 777. I can't se CX replacing the whole cabin to a similar standard of the 777.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: FB Gold
I don't track specific aircraft, but I flew 3 A350s last month and didn't notice any issues with my Y seat or any of the Y lavatories......? I'd happily fly an A350 long-haul next time over a 777 (loud), except Lufthansa. They manage to make everything uncomfortable.

I have read about numerous quality and delivery issues at Zodiac, been in the news last year.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Just got off CX676 from TLV onboard B-LRT; this was my first time with CX and first time on A359. I was travelling in Y (in 40K, great seat) and while I was much impressed by CX, I cannot say the same about the A359. Okay, it's quiet and comfy but I found the interior design to be either outdated (the upper baggage console, for example), or cheap (most notably the digital panel with the no smoking etc. symbols).

And then there was that:
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
Just got off CX676 from TLV onboard B-LRT; this was my first time with CX and first time on A359. I was travelling in Y (in 40K, great seat) and while I was much impressed by CX, I cannot say the same about the A359. Okay, it's quiet and comfy but I found the interior design to be either outdated (the upper baggage console, for example), or cheap (most notably the digital panel with the no smoking etc. symbols).
...I found the digital seat belt/mobile phone/smoking sign rather cool and clever. And I actually liked the overhead bins- they swallow more stuff than the often-used fixed bins I find on the A330/A340/A380.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by mlin32
...I found the digital seat belt/mobile phone/smoking sign rather cool and clever. And I actually liked the overhead bins- they swallow more stuff than the often-used fixed bins I find on the A330/A340/A380.

I guess I'm just a Dreamliner guy.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
...or cheap (most notably the digital panel with the no smoking etc. symbols).

How is going digital for seatbelt/no smoking signs being cheap?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by SilverChris

How is going digital for seatbelt/no smoking signs being cheap?
Using digital technology is not cheap but the design and graphics of the logos seems as if it they were taken from a video-game console from the 90's. This is what I meant.
royng likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:49 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by sxc
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...l#post28203316

My question at the time of the announced refit was since only the first 3 frames are having their J seats fully refitted, and the rest would have remedial work done, would that mean some of the aircraft would be "lesser"?

Anyway, I have still to fly on an A350 that has had no problems at all. Every plane has had cracked mirrors, and most of them have problems with flimsy doors. I can't imagine I haven't been on a plane that hasn't been "rectified" so I think that even with rectification, the fitout of these planes is low quality.
I was on B-LRJ recently, and it was the first A350 where I didn't notice any major defects. The mirrors in the toilets were intact, and the doors to the toilets felt soild, not the flimsy things on the other A350s I had been on.

This aircraft is about 14 months old - I wonder if the interiors were respecified after CX realised the initial lightweight versions were also low quality.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: CX DM
I was on B-LRX and this is the only A350 that doesn't have any noticeable problem. On the returning sector, I was on B-LRK and everything is broken. The loose finishing on the K class seat, cracked mirror in the front left toilet, no light in the right side toilet between the 2 J cabins, and of course, all the plastic wood trims on the table were peeled. I can't imagine how CX can accept such poor quality on this new aircraft. The older A330 or the 777-300ER stand much better to the abuse.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club, KF
Originally Posted by mic325
I was on B-LRX and this is the only A350 that doesn't have any noticeable problem. On the returning sector, I was on B-LRK and everything is broken. The loose finishing on the K class seat, cracked mirror in the front left toilet, no light in the right side toilet between the 2 J cabins, and of course, all the plastic wood trims on the table were peeled. I can't imagine how CX can accept such poor quality on this new aircraft. The older A330 or the 777-300ER stand much better to the abuse.
Suggest you (and OPs posting similar comments) refer to numerous prior posts and general reporting of this issue on various websites. This has everything to do with the seat/fit-out supplier and very little to do with the airframe manufacturer or the aircraft type. It would be far more meaningful to compare seat/fit out manufacturers than the relative ability of the 350 to "stand up to abuse" relative to other fleets.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Question Best seat in Y

I've not flown in Y in the A350 but I've got HKGEWR this summer & a few short hops to BKK before that.
40K is a bulkhead window seat, am I right? Any particular reason why you didn't select 59AC/HK OR 60AK?
The legroom in those seats seem to be better than the bulkhead & easy access getting in & out of the seat (esp. the window).

I guess I'm just a Dreamliner guy.
Seriously .. ? 9 across in a 787 Y config. is absolute torture
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by kaffir76
I've not flown in Y in the A350 but I've got HKGEWR this summer & a few short hops to BKK before that.
40K is a bulkhead window seat, am I right? Any particular reason why you didn't select 59AC/HK OR 60AK?
The legroom in those seats seem to be better than the bulkhead & easy access getting in & out of the seat (esp. the window).
If you look at the HKG-SIN post in my TR you could see pictures of these seats. My conclusion is that 60AK are problematic because it is not that easy to get out (and in my upcoming post on SIN-HKG you'll see why) and row 59 is very crowded with people waiting to use the loo. There are also 2 jump seats for crew and I find it odd to seat facing someone for take-offs and landings (but this is marginal, I guess). Another consideration is that 59AC/HK or 60 A/K have their IFE screen in the seat and thus cannot be used during take-offs and landings.

Given all that and the fact that you're further back I think row 40 is the winner for me.

Seriously .. ? 9 across in a 787 Y config. is absolute torture
I meant design-wise. Y on the 787 on most carriers is not great.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 8:15 am

Flew B-LRR this morning from HKG to LGW.
Business class Right lavatories had the issue where the light symbol shows as Vacant despite the fact someone's inside. Quite a few pax tried to get in several times...

My seat was in good condition overall, no noticeable defect.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Flew B-LRX MNL-HKG in J, everything seems in good condition. But the armrest is hard to raise up and to lock down. I think it’s because of the upholstery rubbing together that’s causing it.

Then flew back in B-LRL in PE. Also did not see anything out of condition.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: Mosaic, AsiaMiles, Mabuhay, Alaska
My wife and I sat on 59A/C KEWR > VHHH. Once together and once by ourselves. I thought it was a good seat. While people do crowd around in front of the jumpseats, they tend to respect your space if you're stretched out. My only beefs with the seat are the lack of amenities (no storage, flimsy side table, awkwardly positioned IFE) and those disruptive moments when the guy in 60A squeezes through the narrow opening.

My wife did not like the seat at all. She's short, so she didn't have a seat frame in front of her where she could rest her feet. Also, she got uncomfortable with the smell of poop wafting through the lavatories in front of us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.