Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Eagle2000
This thread is for specific A350 discussion.

For discussion regarding the A350-1000 please discuss here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1909549-a350-1000-general-discussion.html

Seating Guide
A350 Seating Guide

Routes to be serviced by A350:
Cathay Pacific full fleet and route guide (search for 35G for A350): Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Useful thread: New route speculation for Cathay

Already operating or confirmed (date of commencement)
Amsterdam
Auckland
Barcelona
Brisbane
Brussels
Capetown
Christchurch
Dublin
Frankfurt (March 31, 2019)
London Gatwick
Madrid
Manchester
Melbourne
Newark
Paris
Perth
Rome
San Francisco
Seattle (March 31, 2019)
Toronto (Su,W,F Oct 31 2019)
Tel Aviv
Vancouver
Washington DC
Zurich (March 31, 2019)
​​​​​​

Existing routes, speculated future equipment change to A350
Chicago
Milan
Los Angeles

Speculated future routes
Print Wikipost

A350 general discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
It happened to me (OLCI) and I had to get a seat allocated at In-Town Check In. On the day it turns out I've been opuped.
Wouldn't op-ups usually return an error message though along the lines of "seat selection unavailable, please go to airport"? In OP's case he can choose exit row at a charge and UM seats, which is strange
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:38 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by gpia
Wouldn't op-ups usually return an error message though along the lines of "seat selection unavailable, please go to airport"? In OP's case he can choose exit row at a charge and UM seats, which is strange
I can choose exit row at a charge seats too. That's why I ITCIed. The HOK GA had to call airport control and have a seat released for me (it was a sold out flight, and I had plans on arrival so I was very anxious not to be IDBed).
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Resolved via twitter. Didn't want to risk it, and sadly that seems to be the most effective way of getting things done with big companies these days.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: Lawl COVID
Took my first A359 sector BKK-HKG when they swapped my original flight’s plane (with PEY) for one without and I switched to this flight.

Not a fan. Overall the plane just felt really flimsy compared to the 777s. We would go over joints in the pavement and the whole plane would shimmy for a couple seconds. Cabin was definitely quieter in all phases of flight, but I noticed the cabin was a lot drier than I was used to. The equipment was B-LRC, and it was already looking a bit worn for an 18-month old plane. The PEY seat I had (33H) was definitely nice, padding was good but felt a little thinner than 77G/H. And that row is almost abeam row 39 in Y. IFE was cool enough, really dug the new flight maps and camera views. Still, comfort-wise I far prefer the 777s and will stick to those where I can.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:26 pm

Programs: CX DM, IHG G, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Silver
electronics reset multiple times

Flew HKG EWR on a new A350 two days ago, and experiened the IFE and cabin electronics reset at least 4 or 5 times.. the first time, the IFE went "poof" and then dark, taking the seat electronic controls with it. They were able to reset the system, only for it to go on the blink around 10 minutes later. This was followed by the captain anouncing that they would reset the entire system , which should take care of the problem once and for all. He specifically said that it wouldn't be needing any more resets. Then 15 minutes later, the system went poof again, making him lose credibility completely.
While the IFE resets were annoying (by the 2nd time, i didnt bother refilling my playlist again), what was really worrying was that it seemed to connect to all the electronics in the cabin, meaning that during the outage, you couldn't use the seat lighting or change your seat position. I had to ask the cabin crew to manually turn own the seat (which they did, but it took some pushing and shoving by the cabin crew).
It seems that they need to check the software and somehow segregate the IFE from the rest of the controls. I was just glad that the system wasn't connected to anything actually required to fly the plane.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xp2000
I was just glad that the system wasn't connected to anything actually required to fly the plane.
How do you know it wasn't?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Flew on B-LRF CDG-HKG on Monday in 14A, looks like some effort had been made at sticking down the bits of peeling laminate as there was glue residue in places and both the front toilet doors would not lock securely. I must say on transferring onto the 777 (B-KQA) everything seemed more solid and well put together. I do like the sense of light, quietness and feeling of space on the A359 but somehow I like the B777 better even though it's nowhere near as quiet.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: QF Platium(OWE)/CX Diamond(OWE)/SPG Platium/Marriott Titanium/Hyatt Globalist/Accor Platium/
Flew on B-LRP about 3 weeks ago. Y op-up to PEY. One of the toilet on the starboard side aisle was out of order and blocked by crew during boarding. The whole aisle was down to 1 available toilet!!! However the port side aisle with 4 toilet available! I guess who did the cabin layout design never though about this issue!!

Also the wifi could not receive the Sat signal for the whole flight which drove many passenger who would like to work into crazy. ( The poor ISM need to dealt with at least 10+ DM complain about the Wifi)

My question is when CX can dealt with the A359 with better maintains? It had serious impact to customer experience...
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by zzz997
Flew on B-LRP about 3 weeks ago. Y op-up to PEY. One of the toilet on the starboard side aisle was out of order and blocked by crew during boarding. The whole aisle was down to 1 available toilet!!!
My question is when CX can dealt with the A359 with better maintains? It had serious impact to customer experience...
It's very interesting that CX have these problems, which I have also experienced with them, whilst I have not experienced such problems during my flights on Qatar, Finnair and Thai Airways.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by jbfield

It's very interesting that CX have these problems, which I have also experienced with them, whilst I have not experienced such problems during my flights on Qatar, Finnair and Thai Airways.
Finnair are having the same issues, they are having to refit the seats on most of their aircraft.

Other than Airbus themselves the one constant across all the A350 quality problems seems to be Zodiac.
QRC3288 and windchaser777 like this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: CX Gold
It’s been almost 2 years since the 350 was launched with these problems, but why aren’t these issues been addressed?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:56 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by boybi
It’s been almost 2 years since the 350 was launched with these problems, but why aren’t these issues been addressed?
Because it's not likely you'll go off and fly HX/UO/QR/EY/EK/CA/CZ/MU just because the A350's broken...
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:59 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by jbfield

Precisely as 1010101 says. It's a Zodiac issue. I guess you can also blame CX somewhat, for insisting on their chosen cabin configurations (which relatively closely matches 33E/K and 77G) against Airbus' initial recommendations. (yes, the fault of the stupid 11D/G seats apparently lies with CX themselves). But the bathroom and seat quality issues are known Zodiac issues and are not unique to CX, fyi, if that's what you're trying to imply.

Originally Posted by 1010101
Finnair are having the same issues, they are having to refit the seats on most of their aircraft.

Other than Airbus themselves the one constant across all the A350 quality problems seems to be Zodiac.
Exactly

Originally Posted by boybi
Apparently some have been fixed. But I think if CX was in boom times and they weren't pinching pennies, the existing birds would've been fixed by now. It's bad for the imagine but they have bigger problems to solve at the moment. I think the remaining birds should be fixed in the next 6-12 months.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:42 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Apparently some have been fixed. But I think if CX was in boom times and they weren't pinching pennies, the existing birds would've been fixed by now. It's bad for the imagine but they have bigger problems to solve at the moment. I think the remaining birds should be fixed in the next 6-12 months.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...l#post28203316

My question at the time of the announced refit was since only the first 3 frames are having their J seats fully refitted, and the rest would have remedial work done, would that mean some of the aircraft would be "lesser"?

Anyway, I have still to fly on an A350 that has had no problems at all. Every plane has had cracked mirrors, and most of them have problems with flimsy doors. I can't imagine I haven't been on a plane that hasn't been "rectified" so I think that even with rectification, the fitout of these planes is low quality.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Precisely as 1010101 says. It's a Zodiac issue. I guess you can also blame CX somewhat, for insisting on their chosen cabin configurations (which relatively closely matches 33E/K and 77G) against Airbus' initial recommendations. (yes, the fault of the stupid 11D/G seats apparently lies with CX themselves). But the bathroom and seat quality issues are known Zodiac issues and are not unique to CX, fyi, if that's what you're trying to imply.

Exactly

Don’t they have a warranty from Zodiac? These quality issues should be fixed at no cost to CX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.