Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Eagle2000
This thread is for specific A350 discussion.

For discussion regarding the A350-1000 please discuss here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1909549-a350-1000-general-discussion.html

Seating Guide
A350 Seating Guide

Routes to be serviced by A350:
Cathay Pacific full fleet and route guide (search for 35G for A350): Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Useful thread: New route speculation for Cathay

Already operating or confirmed (date of commencement)
Amsterdam
Auckland
Barcelona
Brisbane
Brussels
Capetown
Christchurch
Dublin
Frankfurt (March 31, 2019)
London Gatwick
Madrid
Manchester
Melbourne
Newark
Paris
Perth
Rome
San Francisco
Seattle (March 31, 2019)
Toronto (Su,W,F Oct 31 2019)
Tel Aviv
Vancouver
Washington DC
Zurich (March 31, 2019)
​​​​​​

Existing routes, speculated future equipment change to A350
Chicago
Milan
Los Angeles

Speculated future routes
Print Wikipost

A350 general discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:23 am

Wiki says

Dusseldorf (Ends May 17, 2018)

Official announcement was last flight around ~28 March (?), has this been changed?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: FB Gold
When I flew the A350 in Y from EWR, I thought it was nice. The 2nd floor on an A380 is a tad quieter, but I appreciated the airy feel from the higher ceiling and bins.

I'm not a fan of the 777s from other carriers (AF, UA) and haven't flown CX's 777 to be honest, but thought the A350 was a nice plane to be on for Y.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:12 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Gold
Couldn't believe how quiet the 350 was on my short flight from HKG to BKK last week.
Was in J, didn't really hear a thing except the FAs asking folks what they wanted to drink...
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bmchris
Any thoughts about going a little out of my way to try the A350 J from BKK - HKG?

This would be switching from a morning flight on the A330 (herringbone) to a previous night flight on the A350. So overnighting in HKG instead of BKK. Transit HKG. It's an extra check in/out of the hotel in HKG plus the possibility of an aircraft swap I guess.
I wouldn't bother. I just flew it from HKG to BKK a week ago. Nothing special about it. Seats seemed the same as the A330 reverse herringbone.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by JohnGreat
It was said the pressure & humility will helps in minimizing jet-lag, not for my case
Humility is important, but I haven't heard of it having any effect on jetlag.

On a more serious note, I flew in 11D recently. It was a last minute upgrade so I was grateful to be in J at all. Initially I was a bit concerned at the proximity of the bathroom, but once they closed the curtain and I put on an eyemask and earplugs it was absolutely fine. I guess fewer people visit the bathroom during a night flight anyway, and whatever noise they made wasn't enough to wake me up.

I was more irritated with the gentleman in 11G who put his bare feet up on the little divider between the seats. No class. D/G seats need more privacy.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
I wouldn't bother. I just flew it from HKG to BKK a week ago. Nothing special about it. Seats seemed the same as the A330 reverse herringbone.
Well the seats are not the same, they're a definite upgrade. It is nicer but I don't think I'd go out of my way to fly an A350 (unless you need wifi).
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Originally Posted by lionelhutz
Well the seats are not the same, they're a definite upgrade. It is nicer but I don't think I'd go out of my way to fly an A350 (unless you need wifi).
HKG-BKK is too short to appreciate the difference, but there are noticeable improvements which become obvious on longer flights (wifi, improved IFE, better storage, humidty etc). On routes such as SFO-HKG where the difference between a 77H and 35G is less than 2 hours I'd definitely consider the latter if I'm not in F. Of course, I get that some people might not care as much about those things, so it boils down to personal preference.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:54 pm

Programs: CX MPC DM
Originally Posted by SilverChris
HKG-BKK is too short to appreciate the difference, but there are noticeable improvements which become obvious on longer flights (wifi, improved IFE, better storage, humidty etc). On routes such as SFO-HKG where the difference between a 77H and 35G is less than 2 hours I'd definitely consider the latter if I'm not in F. Of course, I get that some people might not care as much about those things, so it boils down to personal preference.
I've flown a few times now on long haul 35G EWR-HKG in J, never PEY. I certainly appreciate the quietness, improved humidity, higher pressurization and improved IFE. However, I still miss the 77G in either PEY or J. Even though the 359 it's only 9 inches narrower than the 777, everything just feels a bit smaller. J seats are just a bit narrower and the pitch seems just a bit shorter. The lavatories in J are all very small, especially the one in the galley area in front of the mini-cabin.

I know the 77G gets a lot of hate here but I prefer the PEY seating layout to the 77H. I like the big J lavatory on the 77G. I think the J seats on the 35G are not an improvement. They should have added more padding to make up for the lost space.

Last edited by synthkeys; Jan 11, 2018 at 11:58 pm
Old Jan 12, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by synthkeys
.....Even though the 359 it's only 9 inches narrower than the 777, everything just feels a bit smaller. J seats are just a bit narrower and the pitch seems just a bit shorter. The lavatories in J are all very small, especially the one in the galley area in front of the mini-cabin.....
Yeah, I always say "An Airbus inside just feels like, everything has shrunken 10-20%, a miniature of the B777".
Of course, except the A320 series, that one has a tad more size inside.

Last edited by Cambo; Jan 12, 2018 at 9:23 pm Reason: Typos
Old Jan 12, 2018, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by synthkeys
I've flown a few times now on long haul 35G EWR-HKG in J, never PEY. I certainly appreciate the quietness, improved humidity, higher pressurization and improved IFE. However, I still miss the 77G in either PEY or J. Even though the 359 it's only 9 inches narrower than the 777, everything just feels a bit smaller. J seats are just a bit narrower and the pitch seems just a bit shorter. The lavatories in J are all very small, especially the one in the galley area in front of the mini-cabin.
I'm pretty sure the J seats in the 359 actually have more pitch than the 77W (45 vs 42in). Since the cabin is narrower, they put the seats at a more parallel angle with the sidewalls of the plane so that the seat width remains the same. I've never flown J in the 359 (PEY once) but I took a look at the empty mini-cabin and I think it looks a bit more snug, but not really noticeable to anyone who isn't looking out for it.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
God knows where to put this, so this'll do. Flying HKG-MAN, first time with Cathay's new seat reservation system (at online only). Flight looks wide open (all Y Fare buckets 9) yet - 48 hours before departure only Emergency Exit (US$150) or 'Unaccompanied Minor' Seats available for selection (they are the ones the back of the plane). This looks abnormal to me - not even a stray middle seat.

Is this common, or will they allocate at airport? Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Just curious - did CX install individual air vents on the A350s?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA CK (quit 2018), Starwood Platinum, National EXC Elite
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Just curious - did CX install individual air vents on the A350s?
No air vents. Fail in my opinion.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
God knows where to put this, so this'll do. Flying HKG-MAN, first time with Cathay's new seat reservation system (at online only). Flight looks wide open (all Y Fare buckets 9) yet - 48 hours before departure only Emergency Exit (US$150) or 'Unaccompanied Minor' Seats available for selection (they are the ones the back of the plane). This looks abnormal to me - not even a stray middle seat.

Is this common, or will they allocate at airport? Thanks!
Blocked sections are not uncommon. One time, the entire plane appeared to be blocked off. Sounds similar to your situation. Are you trying to OLCI or using "Manage My Booking"? Cause if OLCI this shouldn't happen and I would call in.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:12 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by gpia
Blocked sections are not uncommon. One time, the entire plane appeared to be blocked off. Sounds similar to your situation. Are you trying to OLCI or using "Manage My Booking"? Cause if OLCI this shouldn't happen and I would call in.
It happened to me (OLCI) and I had to get a seat allocated at In-Town Check In. On the day it turns out I've been opuped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.