Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Eagle2000
This thread is for specific A350 discussion.

For discussion regarding the A350-1000 please discuss here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1909549-a350-1000-general-discussion.html

Seating Guide
A350 Seating Guide

Routes to be serviced by A350:
Cathay Pacific full fleet and route guide (search for 35G for A350): Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Useful thread: New route speculation for Cathay

Already operating or confirmed (date of commencement)
Amsterdam
Auckland
Barcelona
Brisbane
Brussels
Capetown
Christchurch
Dublin
Frankfurt (March 31, 2019)
London Gatwick
Madrid
Manchester
Melbourne
Newark
Paris
Perth
Rome
San Francisco
Seattle (March 31, 2019)
Toronto (Su,W,F Oct 31 2019)
Tel Aviv
Vancouver
Washington DC
Zurich (March 31, 2019)
​​​​​​

Existing routes, speculated future equipment change to A350
Chicago
Milan
Los Angeles

Speculated future routes
Print Wikipost

A350 general discussion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by andersonCooper
For PEY, seat recline is better in 359 than 77W; F&B are similar, but different.
How is it similar but different?
Old Sep 17, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
How is it similar but different?
People claims they are the same but in fact they are not, however the menu is very similar and some items are identical. If you want absolute guaranteed of food you like on W/Y, BYOF.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:05 am

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
Winnipegrev wrote:

'Actually LXL is the last -1000 of the year.'

Actually NOT
There is a further A350 - 1041 presently in final assembly to be delivered around mid November.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I'm on the 359 DUB HKG
The only window seats available on the outbound were in the mini cabin
I periodically look fo something in the main cabin,nothing yet

Theres P on all the seats in the mini cabin denoting seats for disabled people
Am I likely to be thrown out?

Any issues taking 21K? Screaming baby in PE perhaps,is it a solid divider or a WC behind me or just a curtain?

16k on the inbound to DUB as no one is in the middle seat (yet)
17 is available,any issues?

Have 17 A and 15k window seats on the A330 DPS legs btw,any comments on those?
Sorry if this is the wrong thread

Thanks in advance for the answers
Old Sep 20, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: CX MPC DM
No problem with 21K, I wouldn't worry about screaming babies. I think P means priority seats that cost extra for choosing or free to choose if you've got status. If you really want a window seat up front you can probably get 12 A/K. These are bassinet seats, so they're blocked. I get that seat assignment by calling MPC and asking then you advise me that if someone with a baby needs to seat I'll get bumped. I've never been bumped out of those seats by a baby. I don't know of any other way of getting that seat than asking a Cathay agent either by phoning into MPC or during check-in,

In general there really is hardly any difference between any of the J seats on the 359. Yeah, some have only 1 window. In my experience, windows are closed for most of the flight. If I got a seat with 1 window it wouldn't bother me at all. The mini cabin is over the wings, so a little more engine noise. The front galley is used much more than the galley in front of the mini-cabin, so 21 A/K is more peaceful than 12 A/K. Some people get bothered about the possibility of PE pax crossing over the curtain to use the J lavs so being in the mini-cabin increases that chance. But it wouldn't stop me from sitting there if that's the only window seat available.
Earthman likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: Asia Miles
I had a return row 40 seats on DUB > HKG but it's part of the November-March cancellations. CX has given me a rebooking on a 77W and kept my 40 seat. 39 seems to be the bulkhead on a 77, but they have a few 77 configurations and I'm not sure if it's as good as the 40 bulkhead on the A359. If I had to stick with the 77W flight, what would give a comparable experience? I'm only economy and don't want to be stuck with a completely standard economy seat after paying for a seat reservation.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 7:30 am

J seats on A350 are all very comfortable in my experience, but I wonder there is any difference between A350-900 and A350-1000 PE seats. A350-1000 seems slightly bigger and has a bette recline?
Old Sep 29, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club, KF
Originally Posted by kevin.cash
J seats on A350 are all very comfortable in my experience, but I wonder there is any difference between A350-900 and A350-1000 PE seats. A350-1000 seems slightly bigger and has a bette recline?
There's no difference in the two AFAIK.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 3:49 pm

Just flew CX 857 SEA>HKG. seat 17K in J. Flight was great, seat was great, food wasn't bad. 3D flight map never worked. Only real issue I had was with the onboard WI-FI. Being a 1am departure I decided to catch as much sleep as I could sleep right after the meal service and did not bother to try and get online until after I woke up. I guess it was about 6 hours into the flight when I gave it a go. Tried everything including 3 browsers, clearing cache, changing security, re booting etc etc. Finally hit the call button and no few than 3 FA's tried to help over the course of the next hour. No luck. Finally the in flight manager tried on one of their devices and could not log on either. They went and checked and said that 65 people were currently online and maybe there is a maximum number of users allowed. Thats as far as we got. I find it really hard to believe that they would design a revenue generator with a maximum number of users of less than 25% of the plane but who knows? Otherwise the flight was smooth and loved the plane.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by jonnyz1245
They went and checked and said that 65 people were currently online and maybe there is a maximum number of users allowed. Thats as far as we got. I find it really hard to believe that they would design a revenue generator with a maximum number of users of less than 25% of the plane but who knows?
With that many people connected, it’s probably a good thing you weren’t able to connect. The speeds would’ve rendered your connection useless.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 6:15 pm

Just flew CX 857 SEA>HKG. seat 17K in J. Flight was great, seat was great, food wasn't bad. 3D flight map never worked. Only real issue I had was with the onboard WI-FI. Being a 1am departure I decided to catch as much sleep as I could sleep right after the meal service and did not bother to try and get online until after I woke up. I guess it was about 6 hours into the flight when I gave it a go. Tried everything including 3 browsers, clearing cache, changing security, re booting etc etc. Finally hit the call button and no few than 3 FA's tried to help over the course of the next hour. No luck. Finally the in flight manager tried on one of their devices and could not log on either. They went and checked and said that 65 people were currently online and maybe there is a maximum number of users allowed. Thats as far as we got. I find it really hard to believe that they would design a revenue generator with a maximum number of users of less than 25% of the plane but who knows? Otherwise the flight was smooth and loved the plane.
Having tried the Gogo WiFi on 773 during my last flight, it is definitely superior to the Panasonic WiFi offered on the A350. I usually fly CX890 back to the US, which probably flies a similar route as CX857 (unless it's a rare polar route). I experience issues mid-flight also, where I keep having to re-login and sometimes doesn't work for a spell. It's possible there are some dead spots on the route. I never considered a maximum threshold of users.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat

I think that if you are too far north the satellite cannot relay info. I know flights over the north pole the internet is blacked out for about 7 hours....
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:22 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Last two A359 flights (AKL-HKG, NGO-HKG) the satellite connection wasn't working (no internet, BBC/CNN)
Old Oct 10, 2019, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by eagle215
I think that if you are too far north the satellite cannot relay info. I know flights over the north pole the internet is blacked out for about 7 hours....
Just checked the last week worth of flights on CX857, the only one to take a polar route was the Monday Oct-7 departure. So unless the poster flew on that date, there shouldn't have been any internet blackout on the usual cross Pacific route. When the A350 was first introduced for the EWR flights, and internet service was new, it seemed much better. I have also noticed a degradation of service on the returns to EWR this past year, which hardly ever take polar route. Now I'm starting to think this may be due to Wifi overcrowding as pax have become accustomed to the service.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by synthkeys
Just checked the last week worth of flights on CX857, the only one to take a polar route was the Monday Oct-7 departure. So unless the poster flew on that date, there shouldn't have been any internet blackout on the usual cross Pacific route. When the A350 was first introduced for the EWR flights, and internet service was new, it seemed much better. I have also noticed a degradation of service on the returns to EWR this past year, which hardly ever take polar route. Now I'm starting to think this may be due to Wifi overcrowding as pax have become accustomed to the service.
Yup, the flight was Oct 9. We definitely did not take the polar route. cruised straight across the pacific. According to the ISM, and at first I didn't believe her but now I do, she thought it was due to 65 people being logged in at once and that the system couldn't handle more. Poor planning in this day and age if that's true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.