Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Eagle2000
This thread is for specific A350 discussion.

For discussion regarding the A350-1000 please discuss here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1909549-a350-1000-general-discussion.html

Seating Guide
A350 Seating Guide

Routes to be serviced by A350:
Cathay Pacific full fleet and route guide (search for 35G for A350): Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Useful thread: New route speculation for Cathay

Already operating or confirmed (date of commencement)
Amsterdam
Auckland
Barcelona
Brisbane
Brussels
Capetown
Christchurch
Dublin
Frankfurt (March 31, 2019)
London Gatwick
Madrid
Manchester
Melbourne
Newark
Paris
Perth
Rome
San Francisco
Seattle (March 31, 2019)
Toronto (Su,W,F Oct 31 2019)
Tel Aviv
Vancouver
Washington DC
Zurich (March 31, 2019)
​​​​​​

Existing routes, speculated future equipment change to A350
Chicago
Milan
Los Angeles

Speculated future routes
Print Wikipost

A350 general discussion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: ex-ExPlat, AA Lifetime Platinum
thank you gpia. from the searching i have done i thought that all seats in PEY on the A350-900 have the leg rest but could not find the definitive answer that you provided.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Hi all, would appreciate some advice.

I'm looking to take my first ever A350 flight (on any airline) and was looking at the CX flight out of BKK to HKG.

I am booking though Avios and have the choice of PE or J. The difference is about 3000 avios.

I have been on CX's business many times, and would rather have the 'experience' of what the A350 has to offer rather than get on and snooze.

Would you recommend PE or J? I thought PE would give me the opportunity to try the new seats and even to walk through the plane on my way to the WCs etc.

Thoughts? Or is biz class so good that I should try that?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:44 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club, KF
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF

I'm looking to take my first ever A350 flight (on any airline) and was looking at the CX flight out of BKK to HKG.

I am booking though Avios and have the choice of PE or J. The difference is about 3000 avios.

I have been on CX's business many times, and would rather have the 'experience' of what the A350 has to offer rather than get on and snooze.

Would you recommend PE or J? I thought PE would give me the opportunity to try the new seats and even to walk through the plane on my way to the WCs etc.

I think the PE is currently the best in the skies (as long as you are not a wide person). Bus is very similar to the 77W.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE

They can barely finish the service in the back before descent on BKK-HKG - unlikely that you can 'walk through the plane' that much.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:00 am

Since your location says MEL, why don't you just take it to/from there?!

Short-haul flights are not really long enough to try out the product.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:46 am

I think BKK is just long enough to get an idea of the product, yet short enough to not have regrets if you don't like it . TPE would be a different story.

And yeah, you will see more of the 350 in PEY than in your J cubicle, which is indeed not much different from 777. While the J seat doesn't really stand out from the competition, the PEY seat does. Wouldn't consider soft product, the flight is indeed far too short for a substantial experience.

In this particular scenario, I would def go ahead and try PEY. And maybe decide to give it a shot to MEL the next time, too.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by gpia
I think BKK is just long enough to get an idea of the product, yet short enough to not have regrets if you don't like it . TPE would be a different story.

And yeah, you will see more of the 350 in PEY than in your J cubicle, which is indeed not much different from 777. While the J seat doesn't really stand out from the competition, the PEY seat does. Wouldn't consider soft product, the flight is indeed far too short for a substantial experience.

In this particular scenario, I would def go ahead and try PEY. And maybe decide to give it a shot to MEL the next time, too.
Thanks everyone for your input. Ok, I will try PE! (and no! MEL is not an option, I like my sleep too much!! )
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: AA EXP
Having spent roughly 24hrs in PE on the A350 over the past few days, I have some thoughts on the product. Compared to the 77H, PE on the 35G is superior in nearly every way.

Drawbacks of the 35G (vs the 77H):
  • No dedicated PE bathroom
  • Less space between window seat and wall
  • TINY seatback pockets that come pre-stuffed with two thick magazines
  • Row 33 is basically in the Y cabin

Advantages of the 35G (vs the 77H):
  • Huge recline
  • Excellent leg & foot rests - the foot rest in particular is a huge improvement
  • Great IFE & screen / fast wifi
  • Great ambient lighting and large windows
  • Better cabin humidity & pressure

I sat in 33K on both flights and liked the seat a lot. Very comfortable for long flights. The only weakness for sleeping is the minimal distance between the seat and the wall. I prefer more of a gap so I can lean a bit more. Not a big deal, but the cabin is slightly narrower than the 77H.

In addition, when the curtain is open, you can see directly into the bulkhead Y row. Row 33 is directly beside the bassinets for the first row in Y. Definitely an improvement over the 777 in most respects.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by boybi
That bird is just 4 months old, and already showing signs of wear? I thought they have already fixed the problems for the new deliveries?
Flew the A350 in J to SIN and back recently, both planes are relatively new (B-LRL and B-LRB, 6 months and 12 months respectively).

The seats were really worn out on both flights. Trimmings at the bottom of the seats near the footrest completely coming off, the area near the window peeling off, mirror door not closing to name a few.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:52 pm

Just flew the A350 a 777 back to back in PE and really didn't like the A350 due to the seat being very narrow. The TV was nice, legrest great and side storage useful, but I felt really tight in those seats.

It didn't help that our A350 went mechanical so had our flight delayed by 12 hours.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by olouie
Just flew the A350 a 777 back to back in PE and really didn't like the A350 due to the seat being very narrow. The TV was nice, legrest great and side storage useful, but I felt really tight in those seats.

It didn't help that our A350 went mechanical so had our flight delayed by 12 hours.
I don't fly Y+ but why is the A350 Y+ narrow when I'm going to assume Cathay should use the same dimensions on all their seats configurations?

Just curious. I would be upset too if somehow the C Cirrus seats on A350 are narrower than the ones on B773ER
Old Sep 11, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
I don't fly Y+ but why is the A350 Y+ narrow when I'm going to assume Cathay should use the same dimensions on all their seats configurations?

Just curious. I would be upset too if somehow the C Cirrus seats on A350 are narrower than the ones on B773ER
Presumably due to the A350 fusalge being narrower than the B773ER. I suspect the storage compartment in the arm rest eats up some of the otherwise seat cushion space.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by jbfield
Presumably due to the A350 fusalge be narrower than the B773ER. I suspect the storage compartment in the arm rest eats up some of the otherwise seat cushion space.
Yeah its mostly the storage compartment in the arm rests taking up some of the space. Noticeable amount if you are a wider body shape. However the greater recline was really nice.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
They are!

At least, the side table is smaller as is the headphones compartment. I believe the seat is ever so slightly too (but not 100pct sure, haven't measured), especially the aisle guard / armrest padded triangle area.

The Cirrus A333 seat on CX is definitely narrower than the B77W version, factoring in that triangle area. This is in addition to the table area, footwell, and headphones compartment, all of which are also smaller. I'm not big, but if you fly a lot between the two birds you start to notice subtle differences like how your shoulders feel ever so cramped on the A333 which doesn't happen on B77W.

Not really a whole lot they can do given the plane widths of the 3 are all different.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:15 pm

Location: JFK 🇺🇸 (mostly); YVR 🇨🇦 (a bit less); HKG 🇭🇰 (even less)
Programs: Marco Polo GR 😂😂; HHonors Gold; Ritz Carlton Gold
Is this news true?

"EU regulatory body the European Aviation Safety Agency has issued a warning over the Airbus A350-941 need software fix to avoid a fire risk."

http://www.express.co.uk/travel/arti...irbus-A350-941

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/airl...sion-risk.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.