Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KA DPS - HKG Cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:48 am

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by JonB110
Thanks! Have coordinated 20 people on award flights without any suspicion from my fiance. Almost there!
that's awesome.
Have a great time, and congrats!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by amt
It is the volanco.... Different airlines have different safety standards. CX along with the Australian airlines, Qantas/Virgin/Jetstar aren't landing.

The budget, middle eastern and other airlines (Singapore airlines/KLM) etc were all cleared by their operations center to land the day my CX flight turned around and cancelled.
Sorry, but I don't think that's true, at least not in the past week when there was no serious volcano activity (no travel warning on CX website anymore). You can check on http://www.flightradar24.com that all CX flights to DPS did fly while KA flights did not. And all airlines have been flying normally to DPS, including the Australian airlines.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Marco Polo, Skywards, Etihad Guest, IHG, Aeroplan
I took KA360 yesterday and it was a smooth flight. J was not full, about 15 seats remained empty. Service was very good and attentive

Upon arrival in Bali, there were multiple flights from Jetstar, Virgin, Garuda, Qatar, Hong Kong airlines, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.