Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worst case of DYKWIA...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
You must have trouble reading- those other people are my friends. I already stated that. People are still making up stuff.
LadyKilljoy likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 4:59 pm

You own words (in the video) prove that you were going ballistic over the missed flight, not the alleged touching. You cannot shift the blame to someone else.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Yada yada yada.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 5:04 pm

The words in the video also state an assault occurred, but you conveniently keep glossing over that.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
You must have trouble reading- those other people are my friends. I already stated that. People are still making up stuff.
Point taken. What about the rest of it? Why no mention of police, assault, etc? It was all about the missed flight. You and your friend both said it. Not one word about the police.

Anyway, I don't want to get into a back and forth. I just don't like to see people treat others that way. And I do understand being upset over missing a flight, but there is no excuse for what I saw, whatever the provocation. If you want to maintain that it was about calling the police and I want to choose not to believe that based on what I saw and heard, then we are both free to do so. No offense intended and none taken, just a difference of opinion. But I suspect you know you are just trying to come up with an excuse for your behaviour, whether it's the truth or whether that's how you are choosing to remember it. Peace and safe travels.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 5:12 pm

I didn't care about missing a flight- I only brought up the flight when he said "this isn't our fault"

There are no excuses.

To suggest otherwise is where I draw the line. The police did come- if I was so unruly over something like a stupid missed flight, I would not have been booked on the next one.
LadyKilljoy likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 5:14 pm

Wasting my time on here responding to everyone who is trying to come up with new stories- if you were there, you can provide your account of the events. You weren't, so the only people that are making up things are yourselves.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 5:50 pm

Taipeiflyer,

I think you are here long enough to realize there are some people here that are not in the spirit of this board, I will just say this much least this post gets censured. Better to just let them blow their horns, decent people here knows who are the adults here and who's not.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:18 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Okay I think this thread has run its course.

Just one thing for all punters - leaving it to 25 minutes before departure to leave for your gate is too late. I know in 2014 the boarding passes may have read "be at the gate 20 minutes before departure" - if you are not at your gate 20 minutes before departure, CX has every right to turn you away and asking for a buggy at 25 minutes before departure, it is clear you are not going to get there within 5 minutes.

Now the boarding pass says be at the gate 30 minutes before departure. Regardless of your previous experience, if you are not at the boarding gate 30 minutes before departure, CX has every right to turn you away from boarding if the Captain has closed the doors within that 30 minute window.

sxc
Cathay Pacific Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.