Search

Cathay Pacific Dub to HKG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

My mother and I will be flying from DUB on Cathay in J DUB-HKG-TYO on 10th April . Looks like it is the Dublin Airport Executive Lounge being used.

Regards

TBS
Old May 4, 2019, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

We flew DUB-HKG-NRT on 10th april on the A350-900

Check in opens 3 hrs prior to departure ( 0855 for an 1155 departure)

Business check in was quick at 0930 ( a bit of a queue for Y check in). Bags tagged to TYO and lounge passes printed and put in the transit in HKG folder

Fast track security is given and was quick.

The lounge was the Dublin Airport Executive lounge ( just after security). It was busy but found a seat ok and soon got quieter.It is an ok lounge ( more suited for short haul rather than long haul) they had cereal, some fruit and pastries as well as a coffee bar and some alcohol ( there are arreas both to the left and right of reception with the toilets just outside the lounge but before you go down the area to the main departures hall. Food is ok but had better quality food at the breakfast buffet at the Hilton airport ( ok for a snack before boarding).

We were called to the gare at around 1105 for the 1155 am departure with a separate business line ( one jetbridge)

On the return we were about 30 mins late ( 0715 compared to 0645 sch) due to atc bieng busy at HKG on departure ( and a 12 hr 53 flight time) . We got toh the gate and saw a Qatar 787 taxiing in but there was no one in front of us at passport control and priority baggage worked ( our cases were the first off)

The A350 aircraft is very good ( I would avoid the middle seats in row 11 as they face the curtain and toilet) and whilst the DUB lounge is not the best we saved well over 2000GBP compared to ex-LHR at that time ( difference would be less if there is a special deal from London.

Also on the outbound our rouitng took us over my home town Falkirk and had a great view of the Forth road and rail bridges.

Regards

TBS
MM00LL2, :D! and Non Compos Mentis like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.