B-LBG
B-LBH
B-LBI
Print Wikipost

New livery update

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Marco Polo, Skywards, Etihad Guest, IHG, Aeroplan
I think it's a meehh livery. It's not bad, it's just okay. Something is missing for sure! Whether it's the red accent or another shade of green? It feels cold. it just feels borderline China Eastern boring...
Old Nov 1, 2015, 5:19 pm

I can see the clean lines and what they're going after with the design of the new livery, but it's kind of bland, even considering the minimalist approach.... perhaps bringing back the red accents at the tail, and maybe on the lower part, underneath the CATHAY PACIFIC wordings, like a shadow would be nice.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:45 pm

I like it more than old one which was becoming very dated, but i'd like it a lot more if they'd do something about that blue band down the fuselage. It doesn't fit the new cleaner logos at all. The picture in the wiki at the top of the page where it doesn't stand out so much actually looks a lot better than the real photos imo.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Accor Silver, AC 75K
It is bland I must say, guess CX was trying to save some money by using less paint. Then again I do like a refreshed look, the old livery was getting quite dated and no longer matched with the fresh looking cabin inside.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 12:00 am

Programs: CX DM, QF PL
Originally Posted by wrldtrav2013
It is bland I must say, guess CX was trying to save some money by using less paint. Then again I do like a refreshed look, the old livery was getting quite dated and no longer matched with the fresh looking cabin inside.
err ... the aircraft is still painted, doesn't matter what or how many colours (within reason) you use. I doubt very much there would be 'less paint'.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 3:01 am

http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...725693,2725692

it looks like nothing it looks like a title was applied look at the old livery just some relocations and deletions the bottom half is still there. i think i the refresh logo would have looked better with the air canada ice blue
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Catha...b8a995b192f36d
Old Nov 2, 2015, 3:41 am

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
B-KPM flew HKG-HND-HKG today, and currently on its way back to HKG.

I think pax on the HKG-HND flight were given models and a small gate celebration for it being the first flight in the new livery.

I guess B-KPM will be heading off somewhere long-haul tonight.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 6:59 am

I'm surprise airlines haven't just sell out their livery to corporate advertisement to make extra bucks.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
After seeing it, my first thought is that it looks cheap. It needs some sort of accent color. It would also look better if they painted the engines the same color as the tail IMO.

Hopefully they didn't pay anyone to come up with this...
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by CX828
B-KPM flew HKG-HND-HKG today, and currently on its way back to HKG.

I think pax on the HKG-HND flight were given models and a small gate celebration for it being the first flight in the new livery.

I guess B-KPM will be heading off somewhere long-haul tonight.
I was on the HND-HKG leg. They had some staffers in HND having a bit of a celebration, having your picture taken, whatever. I asked one of the GAs if the inside was also refreshed, and he said no.

Whatever. When you're on the inside of the plane (which is a requirement when flying from point A to point B), you can't see the livery, so don't see what's the big deal.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AA & SPG Plat
Originally Posted by CX828
Actually, now seeing the plane in a real photo it is growing more and more on me, and I think it will look good with all the fleet wearing it - very nice tail and like the new title positions.

Question: Anyone who was there at the unveiling received the 1:500 model plane they gave out to everyone? As a collector of CX models, I would love to get my hands on one - so if anyone has it but doesn't really want it - would love to buy it off them!

Thanks
Unless you care about the individually numbered piece of paper (not the model itself), you can probably just pick it up on your next flight.

Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by insideman
err ... the aircraft is still painted, doesn't matter what or how many colours (within reason) you use. I doubt very much there would be 'less paint'.
Probably not less paint (except for the incremental overlaps) but definitely less labor involved. And this livery definitely doesn't need an airbrush artist.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
I'm surprise airlines haven't just sell out their livery to corporate advertisement to make extra bucks.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Marco Polo, Skywards, Etihad Guest, IHG, Aeroplan
I get where CX is going with this refresher (less is better, understated, monochromatic look rhetoric) however I can't help but feeling that the livery is incomplete. It feels like CX leases an aircraft from third party and just applies basic decals.

I think this whole brand refresh looks good on our mobile devices and on the web but when you apply it on 777 or A330 it becomes dull, cold, and uninspiring.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by phol
LOL, this must be a prank or Pepsi corporate jet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.