B-LBG
B-LBH
B-LBI
Print Wikipost

New livery update

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2015, 10:18 pm

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
No... Never got invited to ANY event other than those for all members (not for all DM)

Maybe my annual spending of $40K is so low that they decided to ignore my account....
Old Oct 23, 2015, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by ssw207
The changing of Green Stripes to the Brush Wing device was done circa 1994-1995, not 2000, as seen in this TV advert....
When did they stop flying L10s?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 10:33 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by sscywong
No... Never got invited to ANY event other than those for all members (not for all DM)

Maybe my annual spending of $40K is so low that they decided to ignore my account....
You had to send a request via FB or Twitter. They said they would inform those who were invited via email by 12.10. I got mine a week later. Was planning on going to BKK but cancelled.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by gemini573
You had to send a request via FB or Twitter. They said they would inform those who were invited via email by 12.10. I got mine a week later. Was planning on going to BKK but cancelled.
Just checked FB and found the post you mentioned.... (I was off the town and seems missed the post.... )

"...Want to get up close and personal with one of our Boeing 777s? Join us on 1 November for a unique behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to get a Cathay Pacific flight off the ground..."

Based on this post I don't expect this event to be so "multi-purpose"...

And nevertheless still I'm not up to the level that they think I'm valuable enough to individually invite me to an event...
Old Oct 24, 2015, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I wonder why they want a white wing brush against a green backdrop. Wouldn't it be better in gold?
Old Oct 24, 2015, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I wonder why they want a white wing brush against a green backdrop. Wouldn't it be better in gold?
A green a gold combo would've been nicer than a plain gold backdrop. A green and gold combo would have a "Christmasy" look to it.

Back to the original question, gold was never a color dating back to the lettuce sandwich scheme. Green was the predominant color.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 9:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
CX new livery rendering - leaked (?)

Came across this and it seems pretty legitimate...anyway we will know sooner or later

If that's what it'll be, I just wish they kept the existing one

Not sure if it's appropriate to post here so here's the link for those ready for spoilers: http://bit.ly/1KLVRDB
Old Oct 30, 2015, 10:05 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Came across this and it seems pretty legitimate...anyway we will know sooner or later

If that's what it'll be, I just wish they kept the existing one

Not sure if it's appropriate to post here so here's the link for those ready for spoilers: http://bit.ly/1KLVRDB
any chance you know where a higher-res picture is? If that reg# is indeed B-KPM, seems like it's probably it.

That picture is definitely a 77H, and the level of detail on the painting - particularly over door R2 - makes me think it's real.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 10:54 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
New livery update

Looks nice imho! Simple & clean & classy.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 2:40 am

Programs: CX, Marriott
I don’t think that livery is consistent with the refreshed brand identity.

When they refreshed the brand last year, they talked about freeing the brushwing from the box, then why now restrain it in a green tail? This also puts the brushwing in white and the name in green. But since the refresh, the brushwing and name are the same colour in other applications (all green on name cards, all white in website, all gold in lounges).
Old Oct 31, 2015, 2:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AA & SPG Plat
Originally Posted by coalharbour
I don’t think that livery is consistent with the refreshed brand identity.

When they refreshed the brand last year, they talked about freeing the brushwing from the box, then why now restrain it in a green tail? This also puts the brushwing in white and the name in green. But since the refresh, the brushwing and name are the same colour in other applications (all green on name cards, all white in website, all gold in lounges).
Because using a green brushwing on a 95% white body would be too ugly.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 4:57 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
New livery update

Not that I wouldn't trust G-CIVC, but reading maortega's post again makes me think that this is indeed it.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
It's nice for all of us to have opinions on a new livery, and all; and I do, too. But does it really matter? And I asked the same questions on the AA forum during the rebranding during bankruptcy. Is any one here choosing a carrier based on the exterior appearance of the aircraft? Anyone here know anyone who is? I don't.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
It's nice for all of us to have opinions on a new livery, and all; and I do, too. But does it really matter? And I asked the same questions on the AA forum during the rebranding during bankruptcy. Is any one here choosing a carrier based on the exterior appearance of the aircraft? Anyone here know anyone who is? I don't.
I think a few aircraft nerds do. I certainly don't have an opinion on livery. They can put a smiling Buddha for all I care. I don't stare at the outside of the plane when I fly.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 11:04 am

Youtube launch:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.