Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checked Baggage

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2015, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Checked Baggage

If you check your luggage in but missed boarding your flight, does it mean that your luggage was sent to your destination without you and you now have to retrieve it through the airline?
Will they send it back your departure city or does it stay at the destination until you retrieve it yourself?
Do all airlines have the same policy or does it differ?
Old Oct 18, 2015, 11:33 pm

Programs: CX GO
Checked Baggage

Your luggage would be unloaded as it is a safety issue. I've been on plenty of flights that this has occurred ... causing delay for the people on the flight as they need to find the luggage to unload.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 12:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AA & SPG Plat
Originally Posted by cxauhk
Your luggage would be unloaded as it is a safety issue. I've been on plenty of flights that this has occurred ... causing delay for the people on the flight as they need to find the luggage to unload.
Yeah, I would imagine it's quite a painful process. If Bob is missing from a flight, you can't just pull up his record and know you have to retrieve a "red Delsey full size 4-wheeled luggage"....but instead an agent will have to manually look through the whole cargo matching the barcode #, which might be in many cases - piled under many other luggage's.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:34 am

Programs: A handful of shiny cards
Yes, it's supposed to be offloaded. Pan Am 103 and Air India 182 taught the importance of passenger-baggage reconciliation.

Normally showing your luggage tag to the agent who reschedules your flight is enough to have it transferred onto that new flight. If you're in transit that it. If this is your point of departure then CX agents take you back through immigration to the baggage reclaim to retrieve your bag/s.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP has posted this same question in multiple locations. Not clear whether he has a CX or general issue. Mods notified.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Cross-posting is not allowed, and topic is not CX-related. Thread closed.

cxfan1960
CX CoMod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.