Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jermyn
Reviews of the NEW T3 lounges:

First Class

Reviews of other T3 lounges:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11/25/review-american-airlines-lounge-london-heathrow-terminal-3/

http://jarvismarcos.com/2016/08/the-lounges-of-lhr-t3-ek-cx-and-ba-sept-2014/

Temporary closure of Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Heathrow Airport

As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance our passenger experience, the Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Terminal 3, Heathrow Airport, London will be temporarily closed from 26 November 2015 to June 2016 for expansion and renovation.

During this period, we would like to invite Silver, Gold and Diamond members of the Marco Polo Club as well as passengers travelling in First and Business Class to use the lounges of our partner airlines. All lounge invitations will be arranged for you upon check-in.

Reflecting our “Life Well Travelled” philosophy and our principle of considered design, this renovation follows updates to Cathay Pacific lounges in Tokyo (Haneda), Manila, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Taipei. With the addition of London, we look forward to providing you with an enhanced experience in the near future.
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2016, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by warakorn
Its not enough that the refurb is finished - the caterer and all other service providers must be committing to an opening date. Otherwise, the lounge can only offer pretzels.
Exactly so, hence delays between media preview of The Pier J and its public opening almost four weeks later – especially when there's introduction of new service elements (eg The Teahouse).

Opening dates can be very much a moveable feast, and I expect LHR to be little different when it comes to initial estimates (which bounced around from July to August to Q3), internal targets and the eventual opening date – although there's a little more need for LHR to land on target because unlike HKG there are no alternative CX lounges.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by Cassie55
Target opening date is now 01August.

There's a couple of hospitality events at the end of July planned followed by the official opening.
Nice, will try to avoid visiting my usual haunts in China/HK/Japan/Korea during the rainy and hot seasons so if they are done by September then fine.

After Brexit becomes reality I'll stop transiting through LHR but until then still a couple of years of relative comfort ex-EU to Asia and vice versa.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 2:18 am

From CX website,

"Reflecting our “Life Well Travelled” philosophy and our principles of considered design, the renovation of G16 Lounge follows updates to The Pier First and Business Class Lounge in Hong Kong and Cathay Pacific lounges in Bangkok, London (tentatively reopen on 30 July 2016), Manila, Taipei, Tokyo (Haneda) and, Vancouver. We look forward to welcoming you at our upgraded lounge in the future."

I will transit via LHR on early August, hope it will open on time
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:30 am

Any news on the new Heathrow lounges opening?

Am traveling through T3 next month (20th). Am hoping they'll be re-opened by then.

Can't find any news online. Would have thought there'd be something, if it is in the next few days.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Flying on the 16th and also hoping that the lounge will reopen by then.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Flying on the 16th and also hoping that the lounge will reopen by then.
It won't be unfortunately. It's now delayed until potentially 28 August. Possibly 01 September.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by Cassie55
It won't be unfortunately. It's now delayed until potentially 28 August. Possibly 01 September.
Damn.

Can I ask what your source is please? Am asking out of interest (I don't doubt you!).
Old Jul 28, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
Originally Posted by London_traveller
Damn.

Can I ask what your source is please? Am asking out of interest (I don't doubt you!).
Sorry but I'd rather not say.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 11:09 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I noticed the CX website is now showing the AA T3 lounges (in addition to the No 1 lounge) under Heathrow. Does this mean they are now directing pax to these lounges as well as the No 1 lounge?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by sxc
I noticed the CX website is now showing the AA T3 lounges (in addition to the No 1 lounge) under Heathrow. Does this mean they are now directing pax to these lounges as well as the No 1 lounge?
Anyone know which one is better? Could we also enter BA T3 lounges?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:23 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by kehkh
Anyone know which one is better? Could we also enter BA T3 lounges?
Technically you can enter the BA lounges if you are either flying in F/J or have oneworld Sapphire or Emerald status, but I think there were reports in this thread of people being turned away based on "capacity".

The link in the wiki at the top has a review of all the T3 lounges.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:28 am

Programs: MPC DM
I have been through LHR a few times since the CX lounge closed. Generally, check in staff direct passengers to the No. 1 lounge, and possibly the AA lounge (at least DM as they have an F section). They will use the phrase that "today, we are using the No.1 lounge". I once asked at check in if I could use the BA lounge, but was told that, due to volume of passengers, BA had "embargoed" CX passengers. I was Gold at the time and nevertheless went to the BA J lounge, and was welcomed without any problem. I have since been reinstated to DM, and have had no problems accessing the BA F lounge a couple of times notwithstanding that CX check-in will push passengers in the direction of the AA/No. 1 lounge.

I personally really like the English breakfast buffet in the BA F lounge, and the "bacon butties" in the BA J lounge are pretty good. However, decor and ambience are a great reminder of how spoiled we are in Hong Kong and how great the CX F/J lounges are in Hong Kong. The AA F lounge is rather small, but does have comfortable recliner chairs if you want to rest/nap while killing time waiting for a flight.

I have not been to the AA J lounge since CX opened its own lounge many years ago, and was never particularly impressed.

On my recent visit to Heathrow, I was slightly disappointed that the CX lounge was behind schedule and I could not visit, however, based on recent renovations, I am pretty sure that it will be worth the wait and will perhaps get me to the airport slightly earlier than would otherwise be the case.

I haven't been into the No.1 lounge, but I did have a quick look once, and it looked rather overcrowded and nothing particularly special.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by chater
The AA F lounge is rather small, but does have comfortable recliner chairs if you want to rest/nap while killing time waiting for a flight.
+1

I am a big fan of those chairs,they also have a power plug and a table next to each chair. Very comfortable.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:39 am

Programs: MPC DM
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
+1

I am a big fan of those chairs,they also have a power plug and a table next to each chair. Very comfortable.
Yes - so comfortable in fact that it would be easy to drop off and risk missing a flight (particulalry after a couple of glasses of bubbly), so I needed to set my alarm just in case!

EDIT/PS: The AA F recliners are so comfortable and best of all avoid the need to sit in a slightly vulgar "leg over one of the arms of the chair" pose that I'm prone to do in smaller chairs when trying to lean back!

Last edited by chater; Aug 4, 2016 at 2:58 am Reason: adding postscript
Old Aug 5, 2016, 2:29 am

Slightly OT,but I have seen a lot of questions on this forum about it.

AA Arrivals lounge has now reopened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.