Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

How to Add Revenue Segments to Redemption Bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2015, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold

Hi all,

Mrs simonjp has a confirmed CX redemption booking on JAL next month to Tokyo in J. Following on, I plan to fly JAL domestic down south. However, JAL say that despite the flights being within a few hours of each other, separate bookings mean that the international luggage allowance cannot be endorsed to a domestic ticket.

Does anyone know if it is possible for CX to add on a revenue segment to my redemption?

Many Thanks,

Simon
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by simonjp
Hi all,

Mrs simonjp has a confirmed CX redemption booking on JAL next month to Tokyo in J. Following on, I plan to fly JAL domestic down south. However, JAL say that despite the flights being within a few hours of each other, separate bookings mean that the international luggage allowance cannot be endorsed to a domestic ticket.

Does anyone know if it is possible for CX to add on a revenue segment to my redemption?

Many Thanks,

Simon
Nope. it is impossible.

However, with your international ticket, you can purchase Yokoso airpass within Japan which provides you 2 x 23 KG luggage, and the over-limit cost for japan domestic ticket is next to nothing (5000 JPY per piece, http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/bag/ )

There's nothing really to worry about
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

When is ur flights n hv ur ticket been booked? Can u make ur award bigger all together to include the domestic flights(that may come in for free)
Old Oct 25, 2015, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by ChrisLi
Nope. it is impossible.

However, with your international ticket, you can purchase Yokoso airpass within Japan which provides you 2 x 23 KG luggage, and the over-limit cost for japan domestic ticket is next to nothing (5000 JPY per piece, http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/bag/ )

There's nothing really to worry about
Thanks ChrisLi! We have booked these tickets and all is looking good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.