Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted Survey: interesting format

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Targeted Survey: interesting format

In the beginning it's the typical how often you've flown with us for the last 12 months, and in which class.

Then the interest part is next. A series of 10 questions on 3 scenarios and asked you to pick one. Each scenario is this: an airline (for me it's CX vs. AA vs. United), a price (assuming you fly Business Class), and the third part is benefits or no extra benefits.

For example: first question, assuming you would fly from your home city to HK with either AA offering $8,000 with AA benefits, CX offering $10,000 with all the current benefits associated with Marco Polo club, and United offering $5,000 with no extra benefits, which would you fly?

A few questions under CX are: "No Marco Polo Club exists!" (What!) and/or "No associated club benefits". But another question is: "With all the benefits PLUS 100% more Asia Miles." So I guess they are testing the market to see if people truly value extra benefits and miles or not.

Then it's a series of "of the 5-6 listed things, please pick one that is MOST VALUABLE and one that is LEAST VALUABLE. Some of them are repeats. Notable choices are: "Priority redemption for First Class tickets", "Upgrades from PE to J or Y to PE", again, seems like theyare testing the waters.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:06 am

Programs: CX GO (in hibernation mode), AA EXP, SPG GO, HH DM
I just got the survey yesterday

I guess mpc still has no idea what changes they are going to make to the program. what I find stupid is that they are awarding every 50th mpc member that takes the survey with 8000 asiamiles. guess I won't be expecting anything from having taken the survey

Last edited by dek526; Aug 5, 2015 at 4:13 am
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
I guess this should be targeted at non-HKG based member I guess?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by sscywong
I guess this should be targeted at non-HKG based member I guess?
I may be mistaken but isn't cathayboy hkg based? I'm in the U.S. so I can only speak on my own behalf
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dek526
I may be mistaken but isn't cathayboy hkg based? I'm in the U.S. so I can only speak on my own behalf
You are mistaken, my wife is from HK thus I stay a lot of time in HK over the course of the year, but I am not based on HK.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: MPC Green
Did you "opt in" or "opt out"?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Is it a really long survey? I was going to do it but then I read the second paragraph that says it will take no more than 25 min ...
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rivarix
Is it a really long survey? I was going to do it but then I read the second paragraph that says it will take no more than 25 min ...
If you want to do it seriously, it will be long. If you just click click click, 5 minutes.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:40 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
If you want to do it seriously, it will be long. If you just click click click, 5 minutes.
With changes to MPC supposed to be announced by year-end, one would imagine by now CX already knows what it wants to do ... and part of me wonders whether this survey is designed to 'support' a conclusion that's already reached by mgmt.

Am I being too cynical?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 6:38 pm

Was this survey sent to diamond members only?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 11:34 pm

Programs: A handful of shiny cards
Originally Posted by Carrie So
Was this survey sent to diamond members only?
Nope, I can confirm not only to Diamond members. But as I haven't planned any flights terminating in HK (probably end up with one or two unplanned), I was weeded out of the survey.

As a related aside, has anyone else been asked to fill out those opinion form/surveys on-route? I've been asked twice so far this trip and (I'm the one probably being cynical now) they've been on the sectors I've been upgraded.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 11:28 pm

OK, so I did the survey and ... for those of you who did it, what do you think CX is trying to achieve with this survey?

Couple of observations w/r/t the survey:
  • I only indicated CX and UA as my FFP (and indicated I flew J with CX, BA and QR) and yet my scenario is also CX vs. AA vs. UA so i suspect it's the same scenario for everyone?
  • Why is CX comparing itself with AA and UA? Is it because they offer non-stop flights? If so where's DL or SQ? Is SQ flight to SFO considered too limited (or maybe mgmt. afraid people will trounce CX )? As for DL, is it because I didn't indicate DL as one of my FFPs?
  • For the right price, I think a one-stop flight by other airlines could be viable or even preferable. Shouldn't CX consider that? I mean to compare itself with UA and AA ... is that what mgmt. want us to think about CX?

Originally Posted by dek526
I guess mpc still has no idea what changes they are going to make to the program.
I don't think so. I mean I cannot tell from the survey as to where CX is heading with MPC as the questions I got has (barely) anything to do with MPC. If you are right (i.e. the survey is part of the upcoming changes to MPC) then I would say most of the upcoming changes will be related to AM and not MPC. If you're right it also means I should seriously consider hedging myself and look for another FFP ... so I do hope you're wrong.

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Notable choices are: "Priority redemption for First Class tickets", "Upgrades from PE to J or Y to PE", again, seems like theyare testing the waters.
Yes but don't you think that's related to AM rather than MPC? Also I cannot tell from the question whether it means CX is not going to release F to AA until last minute (^) or if it means AA still has the same access but we can get extra for say double the miles (). "Priority redemption for First Class tickets" sounds very similar to Priority Awards Tier 1 and 2 for Y redemption. I mean access to F ticket for 900,000 asia miles ... that makes skypeso look appealing.

Last edited by Rivarix; Aug 9, 2015 at 11:44 pm
Old Aug 9, 2015, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Rivarix
OK, so I did the survey and ... for those of you who did it, what do you think CX is trying to achieve with this survey?

Couple of observations w/r/t the survey:
  • I only indicated CX and UA as my FFP (and indicated I flew J with CX, BA and QR) and yet my scenario is also CX vs. AA vs. UA so i suspect it's the same scenario for everyone?
  • Why is CX comparing itself with AA and UA? Is it because they offer non-stop flights? If so where's DL or SQ? Is SQ flight to SFO considered too limited (or maybe mgmt. afraid people will trounce CX )? As for DL, is it because I didn't indicate DL as one of my FFPs?
  • For the right price, I think a one-stop flight by other airlines could be viable or even preferable. Shouldn't CX consider that? I mean to compare itself with UA and AA ... is that what mgmt. want us to think about CX?

I don't think so. I mean I cannot tell from the survey as to where CX is heading with MPC as the questions I got has (barely) anything to do with MPC. If you are right (i.e. the survey is part of the upcoming changes to MPC) then I would say most of the changes are related to AM and not MPC. If you're right it also means I should seriously consider hedging myself and look for another FFP ... so I do hope you're wrong.

Yes but I cannot tell from the question whether it means CX is not going to release F to AA until last minute (^) or if it means AA still has the same access but MPC can get extra for double the miles ala Priority Tier 1 and 2 for Y redemption ().
sounds like the same questions I had when I took the survey. agree that their questions are all over the place hence why I don't think they know what direction to take.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
I selected I reside in Shenzhen and the choice was between CX, BA and Virqin from HK to London. But I am sure the system doesn't understand Shenzhen is actually the same as HK, where almost everyone departs HKG instead of CAN or whatever.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.