Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting iPhone to IFE

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ChrisLi
If you are technical enough, there are plenty of replies on Apple's support website on inability to get analog video out for iPhone Gen 5+ as they have drop it so to move to lightning standard. Lightning standard didn't appear before the new seats and IFE appears.
So there's no way to play my iPhone 5 on the IFE?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:00 am

Unfortunately, I tried this with an old 4s I had years ago but it didn't work. I also posted a thread about this last year.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maortega15
Unfortunately, I tried this with an old 4s I had years ago but it didn't work. I also posted a thread about this last year.
Ugh. That sucks. I'll give it a try tomorrow and post here how it goes while I'm relaxing in The Pier
Old Aug 7, 2015, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vhrum
Ugh. That sucks. I'll give it a try tomorrow and post here how it goes while I'm relaxing in The Pier
So they no longer stock the cable. I guess that's that.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 5:39 am

Programs: CX MPC
What's the latest on playing videos from your Ipad?

Does anyone have any recent experience of successfully playing back videos from their ipad through the in flight entertainment system? And of obtaining the necessary connection cord from the crew in flight? I've got an old 30-pin iPad loaded with movies, so no problem if I can get the connection cord from the crew (and it works). On CX888 in J tomorrow night, and would much rather spend the time watching some decent movies through my ipad rather than the poor selection they often have on the in flight entertainment system these days.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 6:03 am

A bit OT and unrelated to CX but if you read this article, Singapore offers a companion app where you can control the IFE from your own device and stream content from the IFE to your device which I think is a great idea. Hopefully CX can do the same. If anything, id want it to be the reverse where you can watch content from your device on the IFE. But still a great idea for CX to follow thus not needing cables to hook up your device. I don't even notice those plugs being used to be honest. Streaming is the future.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 7:48 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
CX does offer the streaming thing for your tablet/phone on the one KA A320 configured for it. The plane has WiFi for the streaming and you use their app. I thought it would be the same as the built-in thing, but it's not. There is far less content and the video quality is horrendous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.