Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Meal Service HKG > DXB: What to expect?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2015, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, TK Elite, Hyatt Platinum

Hello

Later this month i'm going HKG to DXB in J, leaving HKG to 02:05 and arriving DXB at 06:30.

I was just wondering what meal service to expect on this flight? Would it be dinner and then breakfast, or perhaps just a snack and then breakfast?

Most likely i'll be sleeping for most of it, but interested to know.

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 3, 2015, 2:52 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by stickyfingers85
Hello

Later this month i'm going HKG to DXB in J, leaving HKG to 02:05 and arriving DXB at 06:30.

I was just wondering what meal service to expect on this flight? Would it be dinner and then breakfast, or perhaps just a snack and then breakfast?

Thanks in advance
there is a proper meal service on flight upon takeoff. It is technically called "Supper", which is the abbreviated dinner service.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:29 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by stickyfingers85
Hello

Thanks in advance
Yep, on the HKG-DXB 2am and DXB-HKG 11pm overnight flights there is an abbreviated "Supper" service right after takeoff which has the appetizer (usually just packaged cracker breadsticks and dip) and entree on the same tray with desert on demand afterwards.

A bit faster meal service and dark cabin to allow J passengers to sleep sooner.

Starting a few months ago on these overnight flights, I noticed CX also reduced the 2nd meal, breakfast, from a full breakfast with hot entree to an "continental" cold breakfast. The Supper apetizer's cracker breadsticks/dip and cold light breakfast are the latest cost reductions in J catering.

Given the lackluster catering and the HKG-DXB flights being only 6.5-7 hours flight time, I usually put on my eye shades right after takeoff and take full advantage of the bed to sleep through the whole flight, planning on eating before and after the flights.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, TK Elite, Hyatt Platinum
Thanks for the advice, i shall eat in the lounge before the flight, and then get as much sleep as possible

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.