Update on Taipei, Vancouver lounges

Old Jun 22, 15, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Update on Taipei, Vancouver lounges

Just sharing this info in case it's of interest to FTers flying CX to either TPE or YVR.

Taipei lounge: the lounge will close next month and re-open in November.

Vancouver: the new YVR lounge is now slated to open in 'early 2016' (was previously a toss of the coin for late 20-15 or early 2016).
Old Jun 22, 15, 9:45 am

And, no more First Class lounge at Taipei. It will be one, Business Class lounge.
Old Jun 22, 15, 9:58 am

Programs: CX - DM; SQ - PPS, Hilton - Diamond, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by djsflynn View Post
Just sharing this info in case it's of interest to FTers flying CX to either TPE or YVR.

Vancouver: the new YVR lounge is now slated to open in 'early 2016' (was previously a toss of the coin for late 20-15 or early 2016).
I have been told by ground staff in TPE last week that whilst the lounge is being revamped members and F/J pax will likely be using the China Airline lounge instead. They said it is still tbc... does CX tell you anything about it? Just wondering what's the arrangement since I fly to TPE regularly.
Old Jun 22, 15, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by djsflynn View Post

Hi. I'm also interested in this info so thanks for sharing. Do you know when the Taipei lounge will be closed in July?
Old Jun 22, 15, 9:06 pm

Wait, the nice China Airlines lounge in Taipei?
Old Jun 22, 15, 9:42 pm

Programs: Marco Polo
I'm really looking forward to the new YVR lounge, too bad it's been pushed back however hopefully that means they are doing it right.
Old Jun 23, 15, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerrywu View Post
And, no more First Class lounge at Taipei. It will be one, Business Class lounge.
Yep but for my money, would rather have one bigger and much better lounge.
Old Jun 23, 15, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter View Post
I have been told by ground staff in TPE last week that whilst the lounge is being revamped members and F/J pax will likely be using the China Airline lounge instead. They said it is still tbc... does CX tell you anything about it? Just wondering what's the arrangement since I fly to TPE regularly.
No info on this but again, am sure CX will share that at the appropriate time.
Old Jun 23, 15, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravelBug1314 View Post
Do you know when the Taipei lounge will be closed in July?
No, but am sure CX will advise that very soon.
Old Jun 23, 15, 6:55 am

Programs: CX - DM; SQ - PPS, Hilton - Diamond, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Gold
It has been announced re: TPE closure from the MPO monthly e-mail I just received...

"As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance our passenger experience, the Cathay Pacific Lounge at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, Taipei will be temporarily closed for renovation from 1 July 2015 to early December 2015.

During this period, we would like to invite Silver and above members of The Marco Polo Club as well as passengers travelling in First and Business Class to use lounges from our partner airlines. All lounge invitations or restaurant vouchers will be arranged for you upon check-in."
Old Jun 23, 15, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter View Post
It has been announced re: TPE closure from the MPO monthly e-mail I just received...

"As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance our passenger experience, the Cathay Pacific Lounge at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, Taipei will be temporarily closed for renovation from 1 July 2015 to early December 2015.

During this period, we would like to invite Silver and above members of The Marco Polo Club as well as passengers travelling in First and Business Class to use lounges from our partner airlines. All lounge invitations or restaurant vouchers will be arranged for you upon check-in."
Oh well, I won't get a chance to check out the CX lounge in Taipei then. Thanks for the info. Any suggestions or recommendations on preferred OneWorld lounge in TPE?
Old Jun 23, 15, 10:34 pm

It will be really great if F/J and some top elites will get to use the China Airlines lounge, which is really nice. However, from the language of the e-newsletter, the lounge access will possibly be limited to possibly F/J passengers and top elites. I presume some elites in economy may just get restaurant vouchers. I can't imagine China Airlines lounge being able to handle all these additional passengers.

In terms of other Oneworld lounges...
The only one I can think about is the Sakura lounge operated by Japan Airlines. However, the lounge is relatively small and is located in terminal two.

The other Oneworld carrier that operates into TPE is Malaysia Airlines, which actually uses China Airlines lounge in terminal one.

I guess I am in the minority and actually like the more private first class lounge, even though it is a small room. However I am fine with a nicer lounge, if they are as great as the new Bangkok and Haneda lounges.

Carfield
Old Jun 24, 15, 8:19 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club
There is no more Sakura Lounge by JAL in TPE. It's now called LEGEND V.I.P. LOUNGE operated by the third party.
Old Jun 24, 15, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Carfield View Post
It will be really great if F/J and some top elites will get to use the China Airlines lounge, which is really nice. However, from the language of the e-newsletter, the lounge access will possibly be limited to possibly F/J passengers and top elites. I presume some elites in economy may just get restaurant vouchers. I can't imagine China Airlines lounge being able to handle all these additional passengers.

In terms of other Oneworld lounges...
The only one I can think about is the Sakura lounge operated by Japan Airlines. However, the lounge is relatively small and is located in terminal two.

The other Oneworld carrier that operates into TPE is Malaysia Airlines, which actually uses China Airlines lounge in terminal one.

I guess I am in the minority and actually like the more private first class lounge, even though it is a small room. However I am fine with a nicer lounge, if they are as great as the new Bangkok and Haneda lounges.

Carfield
I had the conversation with a lady in black three weeks ago, she told me the consideration was directing F/J/DM to CI lounge, but due to certain flights are loaded with enormous size of DM, a real challenge to CI lounge.

Yes, I will miss the nice and private First Class lounge....
Old Jun 24, 15, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Carfield View Post
However I am fine with a nicer lounge, if they are as great as the new Bangkok and Haneda lounges
Even Manila is considered great now. Who knew?!

Moving on, in my opinion Narita, and Seoul should be next for a lounge revamp. Didn't include Singapore since its moving to a new terminal and Kuala Lumpur lounge is fairly new. Seems that every port that CX has its own lounge seems to be a few years old only.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: