Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Individual Introductions onboard CX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
No this was in all EY, however they sometimes switch A320s so you might an a/c with J class seats...I was booked on one but last minutes switch, so I ended up in a mono-class 320.
Whenever I try to book this route, there's always no J class. Yet, the fare will always be a lot pricier than flying J from MNL.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by boybi
Whenever I try to book this route, there's always no J class. Yet, the fare will always be a lot pricier than flying J from MNL.
The only time I tried exCRK was to SYD via HKG because it was on sale.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA
Always get personal introductions just for being a nice person

Numerous times while traveling on BA award tickets in J (despite not putting in my AA FF with oneworld status). I bring candies/chocolates (sealed of course) in a discreet bag, give them to the first FA who welcomes me, and usually say "I appreciate your hard work to keep everyone happy, here's something for your crew to keep you happy". Nothing super expensive, sometimes even something as simple as a 12-pack of tic tacs and some Lindt.

Never fails at getting me over-the-top excellent service, thank you notes, goodies, etc., thank-yous from many crew, and of course, a mid-flight introduction from the ISM, and often with 5-10 minutes of friendly chit-chat. One time, I got a bag with two huge boxes of chocolate truffles in return, and a card signed by all the crew! (ORD-HKG) Not that I needed it, but it was nice, and I then gave away the chocolates to the people at the hotel.

Even though I usually travel in F/J, and there is no added "perk" that I need, I really try to do this sincerely and genuinely for all my flights if I have time. FA's often deal with such demanding, entitled passengers all the time, and I personally feel they deserve something nice from a passenger once in a while... you reap what you sow.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by DoctorORD
Always get personal introductions just for being a nice person... you reap what you sow.
+1
an instance- wifey and me rushing to the airport for SIN-HKG separately, over-bought pandan cake which is surprisingly popular among our friends in HKG.

The crew, on turnaround, were ever so happy. Wife probably got checked on by 6 different crew members during the short flight, and her glass of Cathay delight never went below 25% full.

Likewise, whenever we've had a few goodies too many on us. Chocolates always work, but the Pandan cake was a real hit!
Old Jan 31, 2017, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by jagmeets
+1
an instance- wifey and me rushing to the airport for SIN-HKG separately, over-bought pandan cake which is surprisingly popular among our friends in HKG.

The crew, on turnaround, were ever so happy. Wife probably got checked on by 6 different crew members during the short flight, and her glass of Cathay delight never went below 25% full.

Likewise, whenever we've had a few goodies too many on us. Chocolates always work, but the Pandan cake was a real hit!
Hahahaha thats the secret on SIN flights...buy extra Pandan Cake for the crew. They do appreciate it. Although someone asked me if it was a security risk providing outside food for the crew.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 4:20 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Hahahaha thats the secret on SIN flights...buy extra Pandan Cake for the crew. They do appreciate it. Although someone asked me if it was a security risk providing outside food for the crew.
Yup- easy to miss seeing chocolates brig eaten- and I suppose being commercially packed, they're 'safer'. Cake's been eaten on board at least that one time!
Old Jan 31, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Recent data points:

KUL-HKG, Y: greeted by the FP, got a bottle of Evian on request.
HKG-FUK and back, Y (KA): no greeting.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
more data points as OWS:
HKG-HND (PE), not acknowledged
KIX-HKG (opup to J), not greeted (i fell asleep, gf also OWS confirmed no greeting), not acknowledged by name
HKG-SIN (opup to J), not greeted, acknowledged by name, given Evian on demand (and extra water)
SIN-HKG (PE), nothing at all. given CX branded bonaqua on request

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
OT: Does JL offer any extra perks for OWE in Y? Bottle of water,alcohol from the front e.t.c ?
nothing. i flew with my JAL diamond friend. he got an introduction, but nth else. hes the kinda people who doesnt ask for anything tho.

Last edited by kaka; Jan 31, 2017 at 12:07 pm
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:46 pm

I think Evian is no longer offered on regional flights, although they are available on request.

On my recent HKG-HND flight, I was given a bottle after requesting, and received an extra bottle towards landing.

I think they stopped loading them on MNL and TPE flights altogether.

Last edited by FlyPointyEnd; Jan 31, 2017 at 8:00 pm
Old Feb 16, 2017, 6:42 am

Don't normally post to CX forum but was really pleased that as a One World Emerald (AA Exec Plat) I was greeted by the purser and handed a bottle of Evian while traveling in Y on CX from CGK to HKG!
Old Feb 16, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Had two CX flights three days ago and today. KUL-HKG-KUL. OWE with BA. Booked Y but both flights op up to PEY. Both flights ISM came over and say welcome and to let them know if I needed anything.

On the KUL-HKG sector I was asked for meal preference and was served first ahead of everyone before the cart. Was addressed by name throughout the flight by the crew working on my aisle. After lunch got a bottle of Evian. I was impressed!

HKG-KUL just a welcome by the ISM and that's it.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Originally Posted by boybi
Yesterday for the first time in as long as I can remember no introduction on a HKG-PVG flight on KA, could well be because I was one of the last boarding and the ISM passed by before
Old Feb 16, 2017, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold, SPG Plat
SFO-HKG in J, ISM came by to shake my hand and introduced herself.

HKG - SGN in J, nothing from the ISM. Not even eye contact as she walked by.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Silver
FWIW, I have had a 100% rate of greeting (either by an FP or the ISM - sometimes both) ever since I became DM - this is short haul (both KA and CX - to Japan, Vietnam, Indonesia) and long haul (CX to North America, Australia and Europe).

When I was Gold, I estimate that my rate of greeting was about 80%, but mostly from the FP and ocasionally from the ISM.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 2:27 am

I must be a very low yielding GO or something. I've been greeted only about 20% of the flights I've been on since I got GO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.