Merge two different bookings

Old Jun 12, 15, 5:16 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 284
Merge two different bookings

Hello,

I currently have 1 booking made under my name and a companion ticket booking under my partner's. While I can access both bookings individually under my account. I would like to know whether it's possible to merge the two bookings together such that I can easily select seats together?

Thanks,

Alan
botfly is offline  
Old Jun 12, 15, 7:42 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NYC
Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Posts: 3,094
Can't be merged. You can however call them to put a note in the bookings to "link" them in case of IRROPS.
alphaod is offline  
Old Jun 15, 15, 12:08 am
  #3  
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: HKG
Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
Posts: 17,330
Can split but can't merge.
wyskevin likes this.
percysmith is offline  
Old Jun 15, 15, 5:04 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NYC
Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Posts: 3,094
To get seats together try calling or just open both bookings up in two browsers and confirm seats next to each other.
alphaod is offline  
Old Jun 15, 15, 7:05 am
  #5  
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: HKG
Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
Posts: 17,330
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
To get seats together try calling or just open both bookings up in two browsers and confirm seats next to each other.
Frequently wife and I are on separate bookings. I open mine up on IE and hers on Firefox.
percysmith is offline  
Old Sep 18, 15, 7:24 am
  #6  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS
Posts: 15,027
I have a similar question. Suppose you book a cash flight A-B and an award flight B-C, can you combine/merge/connect these two flights?
Dieuwer is offline  
Old Sep 18, 15, 1:24 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 62
Originally Posted by Dieuwer View Post
I have a similar question. Suppose you book a cash flight A-B and an award flight B-C, can you combine/merge/connect these two flights?
Post #2

Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
Can't be merged. You can however call them to put a note in the bookings to "link" them in case of IRROPS.
Carrie So is offline  
Old Sep 18, 15, 1:53 pm
  #8  
Moderator: Cathay Pacific Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Posts: 8,171
Originally Posted by botfly View Post
Hello,

I currently have 1 booking made under my name and a companion ticket booking under my partner's. While I can access both bookings individually under my account. I would like to know whether it's possible to merge the two bookings together such that I can easily select seats together?

Thanks,

Alan
As said by other poster, you can link but you cannot merge. If one of the passengers has OWR/MPC-SL or higher status (and perhaps traveling in a higher class), he/she can request seats for companions on the same flight.
cxfan1960 is offline  
Old Sep 18, 15, 3:16 pm
  #9  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS
Posts: 15,027
What legal implications does "linking" have? After linking, does CX assume the obligation to protect you on your connecting flight in case of IRROPS?
Dieuwer is offline  
Old Sep 18, 15, 3:51 pm
  #10  
Moderator: Cathay Pacific Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Posts: 8,171
Originally Posted by Dieuwer View Post
What legal implications does "linking" have? After linking, does CX assume the obligation to protect you on your connecting flight in case of IRROPS?
No legal implications.
cxfan1960 is offline  
Old Sep 19, 15, 2:06 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: TPE / HSZ
Programs: CX MPO GO (=SPH), IHG Spire Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Posts: 5,203
Originally Posted by Dieuwer View Post
What legal implications does "linking" have? After linking, does CX assume the obligation to protect you on your connecting flight in case of IRROPS?
It's only a note called "OSI TCP" which stands for Other Service Information: To Complete Party, usually at the bottom of the reservation (PNR).
ernestnywang is online now  
Old Aug 13, 19, 2:24 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chicago & Hong Kong
Programs: CX D, AF P, AA PP, UA G, Hilton D, Marriott Ti, IHG Plat
Posts: 91
Does Cathay still link separate PNRs in case of IRROPs? I have three separate bookings in/out of HKG on CX over the span of one day and while I allocated reasonable layovers between the bookings, you never know what might happen.
hew204 is offline  
Old Aug 13, 19, 5:08 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: TPE / HSZ
Programs: CX MPO GO (=SPH), IHG Spire Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Posts: 5,203
Originally Posted by hew204 View Post
Does Cathay still link separate PNRs in case of IRROPs? I have three separate bookings in/out of HKG on CX over the span of one day and while I allocated reasonable layovers between the bookings, you never know what might happen.
I'm sure CX can put a note for you. Whether you can reach someone to do it for you, I'm not sure.
ernestnywang is online now  
Old Aug 13, 19, 10:05 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Taiwan
Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
Posts: 344
Originally Posted by hew204 View Post
Does Cathay still link separate PNRs in case of IRROPs? I have three separate bookings in/out of HKG on CX over the span of one day and while I allocated reasonable layovers between the bookings, you never know what might happen.
Well, sice all the three flights are operated by CX/KA, it is not really necessary to "link" all the flights.
They are automatically protected.
wyskevin is offline  
Old Aug 14, 19, 12:25 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: TPE / HSZ
Programs: CX MPO GO (=SPH), IHG Spire Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Posts: 5,203
Originally Posted by cxfan1960 View Post
As said by other poster, you can link but you cannot merge. If one of the passengers has OWR/MPC-SL or higher status (and perhaps traveling in a higher class), he/she can request seats for companions on the same flight.
Since this thread resurfaced, I wanted to clarify that this is no longer the case.
ernestnywang is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: