Turn Around in TPE

Old May 21, 2015, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Turn Around in TPE

Is it possible to do a turn around in TPE? any tips?
Old May 21, 2015, 12:58 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by kesler.go
Is it possible to do a turn around in TPE? any tips?
No tips, just do it without bags
Old May 21, 2015, 1:07 am

Very easy.
OLCI and print your return boarding pass.
Old May 21, 2015, 1:12 am
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

If u do cx-cx they give u return bp

N u can even standby for earlier flight at tpe
Old May 21, 2015, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Doing one on Saturday...no bags. (CX475/474) so I can just print my BP and proceed to transit area?

In June I need to bring bags, do I need to clear immigration and get my bags and check in again? If I'm on CX475 which arrives TPE at 10am, can I get the 1150am flight out of TPE or should I get the 1pm flight?
Old May 21, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Doing one on Saturday...no bags. (CX475/474) so I can just print my BP and proceed to transit area?

In June I need to bring bags, do I need to clear immigration and get my bags and check in again? If I'm on CX475 which arrives TPE at 10am, can I get the 1150am flight out of TPE or should I get the 1pm flight?
If you do not have BP, you can just proceed straight to transfer desk and they will be able to issue you BP.

AFAIK, if there are no flight delays, 1hr50min should be sufficient for them to inform the transfer desk to search for your luggage and tag it for the flight to HKG.

I have done this before where there is 2 hr apart. My luggage arrives from HKG to TPE in CX and onward to NRT. However, luggage is only tagged to TPE. When I collected the BP at the transfer desk, they were able to input into system for it to be re-tagged for JL flight to NRT.
Old May 21, 2015, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hclee01
If you do not have BP, you can just proceed straight to transfer desk and they will be able to issue you BP.

AFAIK, if there are no flight delays, 1hr50min should be sufficient for them to inform the transfer desk to search for your luggage and tag it for the flight to HKG.

I have done this before where there is 2 hr apart. My luggage arrives from HKG to TPE in CX and onward to NRT. However, luggage is only tagged to TPE. When I collected the BP at the transfer desk, they were able to input into system for it to be re-tagged for JL flight to NRT.
Great thanks!
Old May 21, 2015, 5:52 am

I think you have your flight numbers mixed up. CX 474 is the HKG-TPE service, and CX 475 is the turnaround.

I have done quite a many turnarounds without bags, and I do not even print out my BP any more. Out of Hong Kong, I just OLCI for both flights, and then get the mobile boarding passes. When I get off my flight in TPE, I just head over to the transit point around Gate B6, show my mobile boarding pass (which sometimes the security does not even look at), go through the security, and then upstairs to the departures airside area. Then, I usually have time for a quick beef noodle in the CX Lounge before heading to the gate for the return flight.

For turnarounds in general, I always choose the flight combinations which use the same-plane turnaround (e.g. CX 474/475, CX 494/495, CX 400/401, etc.). Therefore, if the HKG-TPE flight is delayed for any reason, the same-plane turnaround will necessarily be delayed, and you would still be able to catch the flight back. I once had the hassle that I almost missed the TPE-HKG turnaround because I thought I could spend a little bit more time at TPE Airport with some friends who were transiting same day. Unfortunately, my HKG-TPE flight was delayed, but the turnaround flight (using a different aircraft) was on time.
Old May 21, 2015, 6:39 am

Legal transit is 1 hour. Practically, you can do a turnaround in <10 minutes (gate to gate).

Due to their "smart" IT system, CX sometimes have difficulty in printing me the inbound boarding pass.

Why do you need to check your bags for a turnaround flight??
Old May 21, 2015, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by hclee01

Why don't you tag your bags all the way to NRT?
Old May 21, 2015, 6:45 am

Programs: CX, BA
Quite a few years ago when I did a turnaround via TPE with luggage (HKG-TPE-HKG-LAX), the check-in desk somehow managed to get the bags just tagged to LAX without having to go thru TPE. Not sure with the security concerns these days whether this is still possible.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Yes I've done this many times. From getting off the plane to getting to the gate takes 5 minutes. Just make sure you get the boarding pass for both flights before you leave HK - either mobile or paper boarding pass.

If you do the turnaround flight there's time for you to visit the lounge and have a beef noodle.
Old May 21, 2015, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LchChester
Legal transit is 1 hour. Practically, you can do a turnaround in <10 minutes (gate to gate).

Due to their "smart" IT system, CX sometimes have difficulty in printing me the inbound boarding pass.

Why do you need to check your bags for a turnaround flight??
For tomorrow I'm doing a sector run so that MNL-HKG-TPE-HKG-MNL with the HKG-TPE-HKG on the same turnaround aircraft CX574/575.

For my June sector run, Im meeting up with my brother in HK for a few days, so I need to do a MNL-HKG-TPE-HKG, I'll be n the CX574 (thanks for the correction) which should arrive in TPE at 10am, Im not sure if I should take the 575 back to HKG considering I still have a bag checked in, or just take the 11:50am (not sure which flight that is)
Old May 21, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold, *A Silver, Accor Diamond
Taipei is a really easy turnaround.
As noted the transit can be done in 10 minutes or so and security don't even look at your onward bp (they only recently started asking us to take your laptops out of our bags). However, even if you're on separate CX tickets which aren't linked, somehow the airline knows this and frets that you can't make the connection if you schedule it to be a really short turnaround time so I always schedule arrival and departure with about an hour in between and then see if I can standby for an earlier flight back to HKG.
If I'm using Taipei as a starting point for a long-haul, check in at HKG (the airport, I've never done this at the In Town Checkin counters) will just tag the bags from HKG to the final long-haul destination, they've never come with me to Taipei :-)
It's a good point about using flights in and out that are operated by the same aircraft, although in my case I'm generally more concerned about making the connection in HKG from the inbound from Taipei to the long-haul flight - which so far has never failed to work.
The Taipei staff are very helpful (especially in the lounge if you want to switch to an earlier flight, I've never been able to get the gate staff to do that if I walk to the departure gate for the next flight but the lounge staff made the switch for me).
Old May 21, 2015, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Works w itci too

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.