Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is CX website working for anybody?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Is CX website working for anybody?

I've tried to access it (login-in, checking prices) and nothing works besides the front page. Useless, keep giving me errors. I've tried since 8 a.m. here till now 5 p.m., same garbage. Anybody else able to do anything meaningful on CX website?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, SQ-PPS, Marriott PP
Not working. How the CX CIO still has a job, I don't know.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: CX DM, PR PE, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Same thing with me. Tried in past 12 hours and results are "Internal Server Error - Read" after I log in.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: CX Silver
Can't make any bookings either... Pretty frustrating when it's down during the normal business hours...
Old Mar 26, 2015, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

I've come to be a little familiar with CX IT side, they don't have their own crew, they rely on outside help. The management people that are responsible for the IT side are all clueless, in fact, they all got their jobs due to nepotism, so they are clueless about anything and everything anyway.

This level of incompetence isn't even acceptable when I was running a start-up company back in the 90s, let alone a world best airline.....
Old Mar 26, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: CX GO (in hibernation mode), AA EXP, SPG GO, HH DM
had similar issues almost all day and just tried again about 30 mins ago and was able to log in
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Tried last night and it didn't work, so I went to sleep.

Looks like it's working now.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:27 pm

Was just able to check in for a flight after initially getting an error.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:08 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Succesfully done OLCI about three hours ago but only after attempting four times and re-inputing my API those times. Then try to send the check in confirmation by e-mail and you get a 'Computer Says NO' (Did eventually send me an SMS).

Am not particularly impressed with the CX site these days. When I originally booked my flights I was in China. I was using a VPN linked to the UK so that I could use the UK site. The site automatically redirected to the Chinese site (in English) where I couldn't pay online due to the Chinese Government reducing the ability to pay for flights with a UK/Foreign credit card (as informed by the CS Agent) so had to call the local CX office which took just under an hour which then had me having to ensure that I had the CC paid with on me to verify at check-in (stowed safely in case I lost it).

Anyways, enjoying my last couple of days of my holiday

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:06 am

Programs: Marco Polo Diamond, Flying Blue Platinum for Life, GHA Black, IHG Platinum
I am in Beijing right now and have just used the mobile app to do the OLCI on my smartphone, and it worked perfectly...and quickly. I generally hate the app, but it works pretty well for OLCI here in my experience, certainly much quicker than the website. I will be satisfied when I can get a mobile boarding pass for my flights from BJS, but I'm not holding my breath waiting.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:58 am

Same issue here
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

It was bollocks a day or so ago.

Much better now ^

-posted from The Wing
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:57 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Originally Posted by Saltire74
Am not particularly impressed with the CX site these days. When I originally booked my flights I was in China. I was using a VPN linked to the UK so that I could use the UK site. The site automatically redirected to the Chinese site (in English) where I couldn't pay online due to the Chinese Government reducing the ability to pay for flights with a UK/Foreign credit card (as informed by the CS Agent) so had to call the local CX office which took just under an hour which then had me having to ensure that I had the CC paid with on me to verify at check-in (stowed safely in case I lost it).
Well technically, you have to pay with the local currency and AliPay system to accept UnionPay (local card network) doesn't work with Amex and only with Visa/MasterCard. I wouldn't exactly call it a Chinese government issue.

That said every time I've needed to pay with a foreign card, I just call the ticketing office to process the payment on the phone. And if you don't want to bring the card at check in, I believe there are two options: (1) photocopy front and back of the card with your ID and email that, (2) bring the card to a ticketing office and have it verified before the flight.

I think these limitations apply for a lot of airlines. For example when I tried to book JL on the Japanese site for someone else, they only accepted Visa, MasterCard, or JCB; only when booking tickets for myself that I could use an Amex.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:47 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by alphaod
Well technically, you have to pay with the local currency and AliPay system to accept UnionPay (local card network) doesn't work with Amex and only with Visa/MasterCard. I wouldn't exactly call it a Chinese government issue.

That said every time I've needed to pay with a foreign card, I just call the ticketing office to process the payment on the phone. And if you don't want to bring the card at check in, I believe there are two options: (1) photocopy front and back of the card with your ID and email that, (2) bring the card to a ticketing office and have it verified before the flight.

I think these limitations apply for a lot of airlines. For example when I tried to book JL on the Japanese site for someone else, they only accepted Visa, MasterCard, or JCB; only when booking tickets for myself that I could use an Amex.
I am only going by what the CS agent told me over the phone and it was a Visa card I was trying to use. That is the statement that the agent said to me. I also have Verified by Visa active on my account.

After thinking about it, the last time I was in Beijing trying to book flights on CX more or less the same happened. Wouldn't process the payment online and had to call CX.

Safe & Happy Travels

S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.