In-flight surveys

Old Mar 24, 15, 8:01 am
Original Poster

In-flight surveys

Has anyone received (and filled out) on of those lengthy surveys distributed during flights? I think it's about 5 pages of 10 pt font. Apparently they draw one winner for a free CX flight (coach).

FWIW, I've only received them while flying F.
Old Mar 24, 15, 8:21 am

Programs: CX GO
I have filled up those survey 3 times and received a US$ 5 voucher for in-flight purchase each time. No luck on the lucky draw
Old Mar 24, 15, 8:30 am

Come to think of it, I've been flying CX for decades and only gotten it once, when I was in J. The FA was going up and down and I just happened to look up and smiled at her, and she handed to me.

Guess it's just pure random....
Old Mar 24, 15, 8:54 am

Programs: Marco Polo Diamond, Flying Blue Platinum for Life, GHA Black, IHG Platinum
I've lost count of how many times I have filled it out, but I have the feeling that I am selected nearly every time (BTW, I always fly in J). Either the FAs like me, or more likely they have figured out - correctly - that I won't bark at them when they ask me to complete it !

Two things irritate me about the form:
- there is no space for comments
- there is a question about how many flights you have taken on that particular route and on other routes over the last 12 months, split between business and pleasure, and between CX/KA and other airlines...even reading it gives me a headache !

Last edited by DernierVirage; Mar 24, 15 at 9:23 am Reason: Typo corrected
Old Mar 24, 15, 11:20 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I've done it I think three times in the last year.

Received flying once in each J, PY, and Y.

Never won anything though.
Old Mar 24, 15, 1:46 pm

Programs: CX GO, Freccia Alata, Hilton Gold
I have filled many of these surveys before 2007. One year I was rewarded with 10000 asia miles as a token of appreciation. Never filled one since then. I think the computer has pre-selected which pax to fill the survey.
Old Mar 24, 15, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by chentaiman View Post
I have filled many of these surveys before 2007. One year I was rewarded with 10000 asia miles as a token of appreciation. Never filled one since then. I think the computer has pre-selected which pax to fill the survey.
No they don't, I'm pretty sure it is random because the FA always go up and down the aisles with it, looking for friendly faces to fill them.
Old Mar 24, 15, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Given the extent and detailed nature of the survey, I think more incentivizing passengers with more than a 5 dollar coupon (which presumably has a minimum purchase far higher than 5 bux) is required to help get more responses. Who knows though - maybe most people do indeed return them with hopes of getting a free flight!

Personally I did it the first time and the second I just tucked it away behind all the magazines!
Old Mar 24, 15, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by bg26892 View Post
Given the extent and detailed nature of the survey, I think more incentivizing passengers with more than a 5 dollar coupon (which presumably has a minimum purchase far higher than 5 bux) is required to help get more responses. Who knows though - maybe most people do indeed return them with hopes of getting a free flight!

Personally I did it the first time and the second I just tucked it away behind all the magazines!
In the USA you can go to the websites to see who wins, open accountability. In Asia I noticed they typically don't do that, so you have absolutely no idea if someone has actually won anything (besides the 5 bucks that is)
Old Mar 24, 15, 7:59 pm

Programs: QF WP
They seem to have a way to find me on about 75% of the time. You get to keep the pen as well so I actually have a stash of CX pens, either sitting at home or lost somewhere in each of my bags.
Old Mar 24, 15, 8:58 pm

Actually on the survey it says they will publish the name of the winner in two HK newspapers and that's it. I forget which two, but they're not two I typically read.
Old Mar 25, 15, 2:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Have a couple pens from this ^
Old Mar 25, 15, 2:23 am

Programs: CI Paragon, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Shangri-La Jade
I've filled about 10 of these. Still have a stack of $5 voucher somewhere.
Old Mar 25, 15, 2:35 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
In-flight surveys

And just today, I received an email for an online survey, with 5000 Asiamiles or a USD40.9 Amazon voucher for every 20th respondent...

Used to get a lot of the inflight surveys, but the frequency had dropped a fair bit over the last couple of years.
Old Mar 25, 15, 4:01 am

I also just got the online survey. I got one for Asia Miles earlier this month.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: