Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Connecting in HKG with different alliance

Old Mar 20, 2015, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K

Hello. Quick question. I'm connecting through Hong Kong on a short connect time with different alliances. Arriving on Cathay from MLE at 7:45am and then connecting to Air Japan (ANA) to NRT at 9:40am on different itineraries. all in business class. My questions are:

1) Will Cathay transfer the bags to Air Japan?
2) Will there be enough time to transit? (Especially if I have to pick up
luggage and recheck in to ANA)

Thnx.

Last edited by bevotex; Mar 20, 2015 at 11:05 am Reason: change description
Old Mar 20, 2015, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
There's a reason why this is in the Wiki at the top of the page ...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...gage-faqs.html

Can I check my baggage through when connecting to another airline (Interline)?

I'm connecting from CX / KA to xxxx airlines. Will they check my bag through?

CX/KA has interline agreements with the following airlines. This means that baggage may be checked through to final destination if travelling on same or seperate tickets. CX has no control , however at airports that do not allow overnight storage/connection of flights even if through check-in is availble. CX will advise you of this when checking in. Note that unless its on the same ticket, CX generally cannot issue you onward boarding passes. This is the same whether its a Oneworld alliance or not.

ELECTRONIC INTERLINE CARRIER AGREEMENTS-CX
INTERLINE CARRIER CODES :

MAY CHECK BAGGAGE TO
AA AB AC AE AF AH AI AM AS AT AV AY AZ BA BD BG BI BL BP BR BT B6 B7 CA CI CM CO CZ DL EI EK ET EY FI FJ FM GF GN HA HG HM HR IB IC IG IR JC JJ JL JO JP JQ JU KA KC E KL KM KQ KU KW LA LG LH LO LP LR LX LY
MD ME MF MH MI MS MU MX NF NH NU NX NZ OA OK OM OS OU OZ PG PK PR PS PX QF QR RA SA SB SC SK SN SQ SU SV S7 TA TG TK TM TN TP
UA UL UN US UU VN VS VX WS WY W5 XL ZH 4M 9W
Air Japan is not ANA. That's ALL NIPPON AIRWAYS and their code is NH. So look at the chart above and see if there're there.. (answer yes).
Old Mar 20, 2015, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info! Didn't look at the top.. Air Japan is a subsidiary of ANA and operates under the NH call sign. So I guess it would fall under the same interline agreement as ANA.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:24 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Air Japan is NQ.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Air Japan books under NH flight letters when booking under either United or ANA. Not that it really matters.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.