FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Marco Polo Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club-487/)
-   -   CX Routes with First Class? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1648540-cx-routes-first-class.html)

hamburglar Jan 22, 15 5:45 pm

CX Routes with First Class?
 
Is there any way to search what routes have first class seats? I understand most of the non-Asian destinations have FC. I'm looking to see what's available in Asia? Thanks.

CX828 Jan 22, 15 5:53 pm

For most short haul routes it varies by destination, and flight - and can be dependant upon aircraft type etc.

F can be found to places such as PEK, TPE, MNL, BKK, SIN etc. but not necessarily on a regular basis or regular flight. But one of the only destinations where I know it is guaranteed F is Tokyo/HND.

TyphoonRuby Jan 22, 15 6:40 pm

You can check this list is for the long haul routes operated by 77H.

http://flyerguide.com/Cathay_Pacific_(CX)_Fleet

cxfan1960 Jan 22, 15 6:48 pm


Originally Posted by TyphoonRuby (Post 24216939)
You can check this list is for the long haul routes operated by 77H.

http://flyerguide.com/Cathay_Pacific_(CX)_Fleet

Some other aircrafts also have FC seats. However, CX may not necessarily sell FC seats as F. They are likely sold as J for short hauls.

TyphoonRuby Jan 22, 15 6:58 pm


Originally Posted by cxfan1960 (Post 24216987)
Some other aircrafts also have FC seats. However, CX may not necessarily sell FC seats as F. They are likely sold as J for short hauls.

Yes. But it looks like OP's trying to burn some mileage to experience F. So to avoid dissappoiment and last min equip swaps, best not to go that route. Can't go wrong with NA or Europe destinations.

HKGglobaltrotter Jan 22, 15 7:14 pm

Tokyo Haneda should always have F service as they use 77H and 744 for the two flights...of course subject to equipment swap. Speaking of which, yy friend got his HND flight swapped from a 744 to 773 the other week (due to tech issue of 744)....

TyphoonRuby Jan 22, 15 7:17 pm


Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter (Post 24217097)
Speaking of which, yy friend got his HND flight swapped from a 744 to 773 the other week (due to tech issue of 744)....

Wow that's pretty rare!

CX828 Jan 23, 15 6:04 am


Originally Posted by TyphoonRuby (Post 24217030)
Yes. But it looks like OP's trying to burn some mileage to experience F. So to avoid dissappoiment and last min equip swaps, best not to go that route. Can't go wrong with NA or Europe destinations.

OP is only looking at short haul.

sscywong Jan 23, 15 9:05 am


Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter (Post 24217097)
Tokyo Haneda should always have F service as they use 77H and 744 for the two flights...of course subject to equipment swap. Speaking of which, yy friend got his HND flight swapped from a 744 to 773 the other week (due to tech issue of 744)....

I think for CX Asia route only HND and PEK has guaranteed F nowadays? (Even KA can't guarantee F to PEK for every flight they said there's F...)

hamburglar Jan 23, 15 10:55 am

CX Routes with First Class?
 
thanks for all the replies. I'm connecting in hk from sfo and am looking for a first class seat to anywhere in Asia. looks like business is the norm in Asia.

TyphoonRuby Jan 27, 15 10:24 pm


Originally Posted by CX828 (Post 24219139)
OP is only looking at short haul.

Sorry, missed that part. In that case HND probably the only option.

s0ssos Feb 9, 15 8:35 am

Somehow I got F on HKG to TPE. Same airplane as the one I flew from LA to Hong Kong on.

You can also get F on 77 from TPE to Tokyo (I guess you can go to HKG TPE Tokyo)

ChrisLi Feb 9, 15 9:23 am


Originally Posted by s0ssos (Post 24317745)
Somehow I got F on HKG to TPE. Same airplane as the one I flew from LA to Hong Kong on.

You can also get F on 77 from TPE to Tokyo (I guess you can go to HKG TPE Tokyo)

Referencing to schedule PDF listed on http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_H...timetable.html (less last minute substitute)

For HKG-TPE, there are only limited flight with scheduled F

Then TPE-NRT flight it is scheduled to flown with 777 and only Biz and Econ available (page 427)

The Haneda flight is basically the only regional flight with consistent F availability (and not as abused with last minute sub)

YMMV

KrazyTrain18 Feb 9, 15 2:48 pm

In North America. YVR (CX888/889), JFK (select flights) & I believe LAX / SFO also have F cabins.

mediator Feb 10, 15 10:02 am


Originally Posted by KrazyTrain18 (Post 24319945)
In North America. YVR (CX888/889), JFK (select flights) & I believe LAX / SFO also have F cabins.

Also one ORD flight and the upcoming BOS flight.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:03 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.