CX Routes with First Class?

    Hide Wikipost
Old May 20, 19, 5:22 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: brunos
Wiki Link
Guaranteed F destinations:

North America:
JFK
YVR
SFO
LAX
ORD
BOS

Europe:
LHR
CDG
FRA
MXP
ZRH

Asia:
HND

Africa:
None

Semi-reliable destinations:

BKK
TPE
PEK
MNL
SIN (Haven't seen this available in years * NetJets Germany * 20 May 2019) Flew F in Feb, but no F seems scheduled in future, Brunos 21/5/19
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 6, 15, 1:53 am
  #31  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: AA & SPG Plat
Posts: 387
Originally Posted by QRC3288 View Post
I don't know the #s myself, but I think there must be corporate demand for HKG-Japan cash F tickets. It could very well be Japanese corporates (FWIW, there are almost always Japanese passengers in CX F when I've flown those routes).
I wonder which version of the 77W JAL sends for the HND-HKG route. No F for NRT's 767.
Daffie is offline  
Old Nov 6, 15, 2:15 am
  #32  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Posts: 7,695
Originally Posted by Daffie View Post
I wonder which version of the 77W JAL sends for the HND-HKG route. No F for NRT's 767.
Yea, indeed would be interesting to know if JAL provides F to HKG. I haven't flown it to/from HKG on JAL before that's for sure.
QRC3288 is offline  
Old Nov 6, 15, 8:22 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: BA Silver, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott SL
Posts: 3,595
Originally Posted by QRC3288 View Post
Yea, indeed would be interesting to know if JAL provides F to HKG. I haven't flown it to/from HKG on JAL before that's for sure.
None of the flight JL going to HKG has F service

I think JAL sends their 772 to Hong Kong with JAL Shell Flat for their Haneda flight

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/int...at/index1.html

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/int...flat_seat.html

For their Narita Flight, I recall it is 767 with Skyluxe (the most aged seat similar to CX Old Regional J)
ChrisLi is offline  
Old Nov 6, 15, 1:21 pm
  #34  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: AA & SPG Plat
Posts: 387
Going OT, but does JL have any consistency across the aircraft's they use for these regional routes? Or are they all subjected to swaps too?
Daffie is offline  
Old Nov 10, 15, 4:18 pm
  #35  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 41,902
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
because the can sell the few F seats to HND?! KIX is losing the F seats these days.....
Was going to post about this... what happened to KIX? (Have a KIX award booked for the KIX DO, but have been seemingly downgraded to J; not soo excited about that.) Tempted to route via HND, but will require another flight to KIX [and probably an overnight near HND as CX542 seems to be my favorite CX route with the 744]
beckoa is offline  
Old Dec 9, 15, 9:53 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Programs: A3 Gold, GHA Black
Posts: 823
Slightly off-topic, but looks there is no CX F to any Australian destinations ?

Thanks & regards,

El Puerco Volante
El Puerco Volante is offline  
Old Dec 9, 15, 10:50 pm
  #37  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: BA Bronze (OWR)
Posts: 653
Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante View Post
Slightly off-topic, but looks there is no CX F to any Australian destinations ?

Thanks & regards,

El Puerco Volante
Correct. They are apparently 'open to' F for SYD, but doesn't sound like anything will change soon: http://australianaviation.com.au/201...ss-for-sydney/
zeltergiset is offline  
Old Dec 10, 15, 9:25 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ORD
Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR TIT, IHG GLD
Posts: 8,032
Originally Posted by Daffie View Post
I wonder which version of the 77W JAL sends for the HND-HKG route. No F for NRT's 767.
I quite surprised that JL sends 77W version with F class to CGK and they don't offer F cabin on any of HKG flights despite the status of HKG and the high demand for F cabin in HKG market

Now that JL is the only airline to provide F cabin all the way from ORD to CGK via TYO, I switched all my travel from CX to JL for that convenience.
NA-Flyer is offline  
Old Dec 10, 15, 11:33 am
  #39  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England
Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,327
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer View Post
I quite surprised that JL sends 77W version with F class to CGK and they don't offer F cabin on any of HKG flights despite the status of HKG and the high demand for F cabin in HKG market

Now that JL is the only airline to provide F cabin all the way from ORD to CGK via TYO, I switched all my travel from CX to JL for that convenience.
I don't think CGK has F service on JL now.
mediator is offline  
Old Dec 10, 15, 11:54 am
  #40  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ORD
Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR TIT, IHG GLD
Posts: 8,032
Originally Posted by mediator View Post
I don't think CGK has F service on JL now.
JL725 leaving from NRT to CGK at 10.55am daily has F cabin.
NA-Flyer is offline  
Old Mar 22, 16, 10:09 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: ATL
Posts: 15
I'll be in Asia sometime next year and one of my goals in life is to experience Cathay's first class lounge at HKG. Is the only short-haul route from HKG that offers first class from HKG to HND?
aduma is offline  
Old Mar 22, 16, 10:51 pm
  #42  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England
Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,327
Originally Posted by aduma View Post
I'll be in Asia sometime next year and one of my goals in life is to experience Cathay's first class lounge at HKG. Is the only short-haul route from HKG that offers first class from HKG to HND?
HND is usually "guaranteed" to have F service. Other intra-Asia F destinations including BKK,SIN, ICN might sell F at first, but you have to bet CX won't swap to J-only service last minute.
mediator is offline  
Old Mar 23, 16, 1:36 am
  #43  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: HKG
Posts: 1,052
Originally Posted by mediator View Post
HND is usually "guaranteed" to have F service. Other intra-Asia F destinations including BKK,SIN, ICN might sell F at first, but you have to bet CX won't swap to J-only service last minute.
Also TPE, the shortest F route.

Only 4 flights sold for F though, out of 20 or so flights daily - not sure what that means with regards to equipment roulette.
gpia is offline  
Old Mar 23, 16, 1:56 am
  #44  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 702
Manila has a few with F every day usually as well.
moops380 is offline  
Old Mar 23, 16, 2:53 pm
  #45  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: HKG/SZX/JGS
Programs: BA Silver, MU Gold, CX Green, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 481
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Was going to post about this... what happened to KIX? (Have a KIX award booked for the KIX DO, but have been seemingly downgraded to J; not soo excited about that.) Tempted to route via HND, but will require another flight to KIX [and probably an overnight near HND as CX542 seems to be my favorite CX route with the 744]
So has KIX F service been officially suspended? I have an used award ticket got downgraded on KIX flight too.
ny911 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: