FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Marco Polo Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club-487/)
-   -   CX Routes with First Class? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1648540-cx-routes-first-class.html)

Daffie Nov 6, 15 1:53 am


Originally Posted by QRC3288 (Post 25670964)
I don't know the #s myself, but I think there must be corporate demand for HKG-Japan cash F tickets. It could very well be Japanese corporates (FWIW, there are almost always Japanese passengers in CX F when I've flown those routes).

I wonder which version of the 77W JAL sends for the HND-HKG route. No F for NRT's 767.

QRC3288 Nov 6, 15 2:15 am


Originally Posted by Daffie (Post 25671451)
I wonder which version of the 77W JAL sends for the HND-HKG route. No F for NRT's 767.

Yea, indeed would be interesting to know if JAL provides F to HKG. I haven't flown it to/from HKG on JAL before that's for sure.

ChrisLi Nov 6, 15 8:22 am


Originally Posted by QRC3288 (Post 25671528)
Yea, indeed would be interesting to know if JAL provides F to HKG. I haven't flown it to/from HKG on JAL before that's for sure.

None of the flight JL going to HKG has F service

I think JAL sends their 772 to Hong Kong with JAL Shell Flat for their Haneda flight

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/int...at/index1.html

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/int...flat_seat.html

For their Narita Flight, I recall it is 767 with Skyluxe (the most aged seat similar to CX Old Regional J)

Daffie Nov 6, 15 1:21 pm

Going OT, but does JL have any consistency across the aircraft's they use for these regional routes? Or are they all subjected to swaps too?

beckoa Nov 10, 15 4:18 pm


Originally Posted by kaka (Post 25670677)
because the can sell the few F seats to HND?! KIX is losing the F seats these days.....

Was going to post about this... what happened to KIX? (Have a KIX award booked for the KIX DO, but have been seemingly downgraded to J; not soo excited about that.) Tempted to route via HND, but will require another flight to KIX [and probably an overnight near HND as CX542 seems to be my favorite CX route with the 744]

El Puerco Volante Dec 9, 15 9:53 am

Slightly off-topic, but looks there is no CX F to any Australian destinations ?

Thanks & regards,

El Puerco Volante

zeltergiset Dec 9, 15 10:50 pm


Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante (Post 25837367)
Slightly off-topic, but looks there is no CX F to any Australian destinations ?

Thanks & regards,

El Puerco Volante

Correct. They are apparently 'open to' F for SYD, but doesn't sound like anything will change soon: http://australianaviation.com.au/201...ss-for-sydney/

NA-Flyer Dec 10, 15 9:25 am


Originally Posted by Daffie (Post 25671451)
I wonder which version of the 77W JAL sends for the HND-HKG route. No F for NRT's 767.

I quite surprised that JL sends 77W version with F class to CGK and they don't offer F cabin on any of HKG flights despite the status of HKG and the high demand for F cabin in HKG market :confused:

Now that JL is the only airline to provide F cabin all the way from ORD to CGK via TYO, I switched all my travel from CX to JL for that convenience.

mediator Dec 10, 15 11:33 am


Originally Posted by NA-Flyer (Post 25843290)
I quite surprised that JL sends 77W version with F class to CGK and they don't offer F cabin on any of HKG flights despite the status of HKG and the high demand for F cabin in HKG market :confused:

Now that JL is the only airline to provide F cabin all the way from ORD to CGK via TYO, I switched all my travel from CX to JL for that convenience.

I don't think CGK has F service on JL now.

NA-Flyer Dec 10, 15 11:54 am


Originally Posted by mediator (Post 25843995)
I don't think CGK has F service on JL now.

JL725 leaving from NRT to CGK at 10.55am daily has F cabin.

aduma Mar 22, 16 10:09 pm

I'll be in Asia sometime next year and one of my goals in life is to experience Cathay's first class lounge at HKG. Is the only short-haul route from HKG that offers first class from HKG to HND?

mediator Mar 22, 16 10:51 pm


Originally Posted by aduma (Post 26373014)
I'll be in Asia sometime next year and one of my goals in life is to experience Cathay's first class lounge at HKG. Is the only short-haul route from HKG that offers first class from HKG to HND?

HND is usually "guaranteed" to have F service. Other intra-Asia F destinations including BKK,SIN, ICN might sell F at first, but you have to bet CX won't swap to J-only service last minute.

gpia Mar 23, 16 1:36 am


Originally Posted by mediator (Post 26373111)
HND is usually "guaranteed" to have F service. Other intra-Asia F destinations including BKK,SIN, ICN might sell F at first, but you have to bet CX won't swap to J-only service last minute.

Also TPE, the shortest F route.

Only 4 flights sold for F though, out of 20 or so flights daily - not sure what that means with regards to equipment roulette.

moops380 Mar 23, 16 1:56 am

Manila has a few with F every day usually as well.

ny911 Mar 23, 16 2:53 pm


Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 25693602)
Was going to post about this... what happened to KIX? (Have a KIX award booked for the KIX DO, but have been seemingly downgraded to J; not soo excited about that.) Tempted to route via HND, but will require another flight to KIX [and probably an overnight near HND as CX542 seems to be my favorite CX route with the 744]

So has KIX F service been officially suspended? I have an used award ticket got downgraded on KIX flight too.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:58 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.