HND

Africa:
None

Semi-reliable destinations:

BKK
TPE
PEK
MNL
SIN (Haven't seen this available in years * NetJets Germany * 20 May 2019) Flew F in Feb, but no F seems scheduled in future, Brunos 21/5/19
Print Wikipost

CX Routes with First Class?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 3:44 pm

Thanks for the summary.

I did find the threads* QRC3288 referred to. Looks like I need to remember to use the search function. For this particular instance, I'll just hide behind the excuse that I don't have wiki-editing privileges yet, I guess.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...9-onwards.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...eculation.html
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:29 pm

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
Originally Posted by gpia
Might want to edit the wiki that FRA only has F service on CX288/289, but not on CX282/283 from March 2019. Might be relevant to anyone thinking to upgrade.
couldn't find F from FRA to any destination, in Q1.22
Anyone luckyer?

Tried HND first, then BKK then HKG.
If there is none to HKG, I would guess they are discontinued.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
You jumped on a 2019 thread before covid.
CX currently does not fly F to anywhere. I would be extremely surprised if they resume F service in Q1.22.
st8dm likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
My flight in F from JFK to HKG in July now shows no F being sold so I assume it is a downgrade . . . again.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 6:30 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
If you are able to enter HK and your flight is operating, it will be an upgrade/miracle.
HarbourGent and DiamondMile like this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 6:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
My flight in F from JFK to HKG in July now shows no F being sold so I assume it is a downgrade . . . again.

you will not be flying
Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by deadinabsentia
you will not be flying
You don't think HKG will be open by July?
Old Dec 21, 2021, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
It's possible. So is snow in June. The way things are going, will CX even be operating come July?
Old Dec 21, 2021, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
No
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
It's possible. So is snow in June. The way things are going, will CX even be operating come July?
You mean snow in June in HK is as possible as this chap's flight operating, right.... ?
Globaliser likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 10:48 pm

Looks like CX has taken F off the schedule between JFK and HKG for the rest of the year.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like CX has taken F off the schedule between JFK and HKG for the rest of the year.
To be frank, in present circumstances what is - or isn't - on CX's schedule really means little beyond the next few weeks.
brunos likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
To be frank, in present circumstances what is - or isn't - on CX's schedule really means little beyond the next few weeks.
I disagree.

When it was on the schedule, as it was, and was then removed, as it was, it is unlikely to be added back in.

In the past during the pandemic, they allowed first class bookings far out. That has now stopped.

First class is a niche product. I suspect Cathay may very well drop it as so many other carriers have.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suspect Cathay may very well drop it as so many other carriers have.
Or maybe there won't be a CX. Or maybe CX will save the best for last. Isn't this world a crazy place?
Always Flyin and Cryofern like this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 1:18 am

Given the draconian policy established by Hong Kong government in pursuit of border reopening with China, there is no chance that first class will be back. Four of the four-class 77Ws have already returned to the lessors and Qatar will take over those four 77Ws. Things look really bad since Omicron happens. As of this point, I don't even know CX is able to plan anything beyond a month or even a few weeks. Korean Air just got banned after they carried five HK athletes back home from UAE/Kazakhstan who tested positive. The four cases per week makes no sense at all. In the end, it did not punish the airline, who still flies into HK with cargo and then outbound with passengers, but passengers are forced to scramble for the next possible flight. Hopefully things will go less nuts after Winter Olympics but I am not too optimistic about it. Maybe after China reports its first local Omicron case, HK will be forced to back down a bit too. However, with 4 days in Penny Bay and 17 days in hotel, folks in UK/USA/South Africa/African countries are not really tempted to come home anytime soon. But outbound will continue to happen, there will be another wave of students heading back to UK after the holidays. I have a feeling that most of those flights might just carry cargo on the way back - same day turnaround for the crews. Then in February, CX will possibly continue to reduce its schedule to those high risk A+ countries till after the Winter Olympics.

First Class will not return in 2022. There is just no demand for it now. London, NYC and LA are all on its high risk countries lies with enhanced surveillance. There is just no reason for any executives to come to HK. Those who can be exempted will possibly arrive via private jet anyway.

It is sad, but for the first time, I will really concern about CX's future.

Carfield

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.