FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   CX Routes with First Class? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1648540-cx-routes-first-class.html)

bhyq May 23, 2018 6:45 am

Originally Posted by benjai (Post 29781486)
Hi QRC, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I can't access the link at work so will have a look later when I get home. I'm certain there is first because I've been on them and I specifically booked first this time. My itinerary in through BA now says by first flight is cancelled and replaced with business.

Though I think I've just worked it out. I've just put in a dummy booking on cx.com and can see that the KA433 on 23rd Jul has first. Its a bit later then I need so will need to have a think...

he is right, it’s few and far between but I have been on the KA 33R with F class and they actually have F class food and service.

To the OP tho, assuming that the rest of your itinerary is F class as well (so lounge access etc) it’s not worth changing your schedule for, I feel.

mrpacifist Jun 26, 2018 7:29 am

I managed to get First tickets on NRT-HKG. Is this route as guaranteed as the Haneda one please? Unfortunately HND was not available.
Thanks for any insight!

QRC3288 Jun 26, 2018 7:30 am

Originally Posted by mrpacifist (Post 29907882)
I managed to get First tickets on NRT-HKG. Is this route as guaranteed as the Haneda one please? Unfortunately HND was not available.
Thanks for any insight!

What date?

Ausriver Jun 26, 2018 5:33 pm

Thanks for any insight!

Nope... I recently had my NRT-HKG equipment change on 16th June CX501 about 10 days before departure. I was booked in PEY only however the original equipment came with F, later changed to regional 777 with no F and no W.

barracuda93 Jun 27, 2018 5:10 am

Thanks for any insight!

It looks that F from/to HND simply vanished completely. There are number of dates with CX in F from/to NRT, but no JAL from/to HND. This is really disturbing, as HND has superior lounges and is much more convenient airport for Tokyo.

mrpacifist Jun 27, 2018 7:34 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288 (Post 29907885)
What date?

March 25, 2019, so still a long way to go. It's sad to hear about what happened Ausriver, but let's see, fingers crossed the 77W with F will be there. I better check 2 weeks before and see what can be done in case it happens. :/

agjil Jun 27, 2018 1:56 pm

I am getting hit by equipment swaps from planes with an F cabin to planes without one almost every time I book a ticket that includes an intra-Asia segment in CX F. (HKG-BKK/SIN)
Not happy. :(

QRC3288 Jun 27, 2018 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by mrpacifist (Post 29911780)
March 25, 2019, so still a long way to go. It's sad to hear about what happened Ausriver, but let's see, fingers crossed the 77W with F will be there. I better check 2 weeks before and see what can be done in case it happens. :/

In this case, I can just tell you plainly don't get your hopes up. I say this for all long-dated bookings with regional routes not named "HND".

However, and I've been properly schooled on this recently (as I was mistaken), once CX releases a schedule for the current season, they generally do a decent job sticking to it. For example, last season NRT had F on one flight pattern. Currently PEK is that way. CGK was that way a year ago for a season. However, there is absolutely no guarantee they'll continue that.

Tokyo has been one of the few long-time guaranteed regional F destinations. It was NRT until CX launched HND, at which point HND became the guaranteed F destination. They used to even do it 2x daily to/from HND, and cut it back to 1x.

As a final point, I occasionally fly F regionally. The morning flights in particular are nothing to write home about if you're looking for the "wow" factor. Breakfast is essentially the long-haul J meal in F plating. What you're paying for is that massively wide side, which to be fair I find highly productive and can basically eat and work/read very comfortably at the same time. But it's a lot to pay for that.

Ironically, KA has better F catering than CX regionally. But KA flies the long-haul J seat. (KA only flies F to PVG and PEK regularly).

mrpacifist Jun 28, 2018 12:17 pm

Many thanks for all this info this is very helpful though sad ha! We will see. The flight is in the afternoon, at 4:25pm. I will start checking right in the season and see what odds are. I will report back then! And we never know if HND opens up I’ll swap but I know this is highly uncertain. Thanks again!

AJ747M Aug 22, 2018 2:35 am

Just saw on Flightradar24 that B-KPG (4 class 77W with F) flew SYD > HKG as CX100 on August 15. How rare is it for a 77H to fly to SYD?

QRC3288 Aug 22, 2018 5:27 am

Originally Posted by AJ747M (Post 30114097)
Just saw on Flightradar24 that B-KPG (4 class 77W with F) flew SYD > HKG as CX100 on August 15. How rare is it for a 77H to fly to SYD?

It has been happening with relatively high frequency lately. The main conclusion I take away from it is SYD has too many seats (the plane represents a decrease in seat capacity). From the few reports we've gotten here on FT, the F section is closed off.

I would be curious if anyone reports it was open.

I don't fully understand CX's rotations, but I think there is some slack in the 77H fleet right now. After DUS and LAX each coughed up a frame due to permanent flight cancellations. I think in LAX's case (CX897/898) that represents 1.5-2 frames for the 77H rotation.

Its worth noting a 77G/K is out of commission for a while due to a ground incident in Rome. And CX is rotating planes through XMN for interior conversions.

barracuda93 Aug 22, 2018 7:26 am

Originally Posted by barracuda93 (Post 29911393)
It looks that F from/to HND simply vanished completely. There are number of dates with CX in F from/to NRT, but no JAL from/to HND. This is really disturbing, as HND has superior lounges and is much more convenient airport for Tokyo.

Eventually, booked HKG–HND return on CX in F.
Sadly, not JAL.

ernestnywang Sep 2, 2018 6:49 am

To those of you who wonder if F is permanently gone on the TPE route, just FYI there are still occasional flights that offer F in the coming week. I just did a random search.

05SEP: CX494/495
06SEP: CX494/495
08SEP: CX430 (suspect this one is going to be repaired at TPE or going through something that takes time)
09SEP: Return as CX421 then CX470/
10SEP: /CX471

Profpunce Sep 3, 2018 8:21 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288 (Post 30114428)
It has been happening with relatively high frequency lately. The main conclusion I take away from it is SYD has too many seats (the plane represents a decrease in seat capacity). From the few reports we've gotten here on FT, the F section is closed off.

I would be curious if anyone reports it was open.

I don't fully understand CX's rotations, but I think there is some slack in the 77H fleet right now. After DUS and LAX each coughed up a frame due to permanent flight cancellations. I think in LAX's case (CX897/898) that represents 1.5-2 frames for the 77H rotation.

Its worth noting a 77G/K is out of commission for a while due to a ground incident in Rome. And CX is rotating planes through XMN for interior conversions.

Only one data point but flew CX100 on the 8th August and was lucky enough to enjoy business class service sitting in a beautiful First class suite...

SilverChris Sep 3, 2018 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Profpunce (Post 30161584)
Only one data point but flew CX100 on the 8th August and was lucky enough to enjoy business class service sitting in a beautiful First class suite...

Did it come with F bedding as well? :p

Apologies for the OT