Burger option for snacks

Old Jan 7, 15, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Burger option for snacks

On a recent flight back to HKG in J I found that they had ran out of burger options for snacks. The purser told me that they had only loaded 4 onboard! The braised beef noodles were delicious but I have been anticipating the burger as a midflight snack. Maybe it's a good idea to preorder one at the beginning stages of the flight to make sure I do get it whenever I feel like one?

I'm pretty sure they would gladly comply to the request for DM's... Only four burgers for the entire flight is quite a shocker, I'll be interested to know how many noodles they load onboard too.
Old Jan 7, 15, 8:37 pm
Moderator: Cathay Pacific Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Only 4... Thanks for letting me know. I would tell them up front. I hope there are no more than four DMs in J...
Old Jan 7, 15, 9:59 pm

I tried it recently. It wasn't bad. The serving of some sort of relish I think it was in a small plastic cup where you would get at a Chinese takeaway place looked rather cheap.
Old Jan 7, 15, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CX GO, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Happened to me twice towards the end of last year. Very common with the burger. On my JFK/EWR flights they always run out. I ask the ISM/FA to hold one for me soon after take-off. On a full flight to JFK you're talking 50+ passengers - with four burgers on board - i don't like those odds!
Old Jan 7, 15, 11:35 pm
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I would be writing to CX to make sure they know about this. The more complaints they get the more likely they will fix it.
Old Jan 8, 15, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by sxc View Post
I would be writing to CX to make sure they know about this. The more complaints they get the more likely they will fix it.
+1. That and ask crew to report it as sometimes, customer feedback channelled by crew gets far more attention than direct complaints.
Old Jan 8, 15, 10:11 am

Programs: CX DM
The burger was quite bad on the two times I had it - very bland and not juicy at all. I ate it and felt guilty about the calories. The best part was the pickle. Everything else was underwhelming.
Old Jan 8, 15, 8:12 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | A-Club Silver | AA EXP
I never bothered with the burger because I assumed it was always going to be bad but it sounds like sometimes it is actually somewhat decent?

Btw, do you get to choose whether you want it medium or well done?
Old Jan 8, 15, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Rivarix View Post
I never bothered with the burger because I assumed it was always going to be bad but it sounds like sometimes it is actually somewhat decent?

Btw, do you get to choose whether you want it medium or well done?
I was not asked, but I think they are medium well to well done. I like them. They are not among the best, but still decent.
Old Jan 8, 15, 11:50 pm

For those of you who have ordered the burger, anyone know what that was in the small plastic container and how it tasted? It looks like some kind of relish or chutney (basically some kind of accompaniment) but I'm not totally sure.
Old Jan 9, 15, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by maortega15 View Post
For those of you who have ordered the burger, anyone know what that was in the small plastic container and how it tasted? It looks like some kind of relish or chutney (basically some kind of accompaniment) but I'm not totally sure.
I did not notice there was any plastic container, but I wasn't paying attention to anything other than the burger...
Old Jan 9, 15, 1:34 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Originally Posted by sxc View Post
+1. That and ask crew to report it as sometimes, customer feedback channelled by crew gets far more attention than direct complaints.
What i normally do is to praise crew on the report form, then bash on food... Crew seems to like it when i do that
Old Apr 7, 15, 10:37 pm

Programs: CXAM BAEC
Originally Posted by Psychiatrist View Post
The burger was quite bad on the two times I had it - very bland and not juicy at all. I ate it and felt guilty about the calories. The best part was the pickle. Everything else was underwhelming.
Here is the link you can see the preparation of burger on flight which is interesting to know, but in Cantonese only. http://mytv.tvb.com/foodandtravel/chefnic/197514 ^
Old Apr 8, 15, 9:20 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
What i normally do is to praise crew on the report form, then bash on food... Crew seems to like it when i do that
Always do this. I also don't seal it and tell them they can read it. That way they can see the praise and are more willing to pass it along.
Old Apr 9, 15, 6:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Platinum, GE
yes, they only load four on NA flights, this was a sensation on CX secrets lol

Search this Thread
Search Engine: