earning MPC on AA fare operated by CX

Old Jan 5, 15, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC Gold
Question earning MPC on AA fare operated by CX

I flew HKG-NRT-LAX-DFW-HKG back in September 2014 and got the ticket from AA.com (all in fare class Q).

The HKG-NRT sector is operated by CX ("sold as AA8884" on my flight ticket) and AA for all the other sectors.

According to the MPC chart, fare class Q on AA earns 100% Club miles and the only exception is on trans-atlantic flights. (obviously this is not trans-atlantic)

I got all the miles in this booking except for the HKG-NRT sector. When I filed the form, the reason of rejection is:

"err_reject_code_004: We're sorry. Your request cannot be processed because: Codeshare/charter flights not eligible for earning Asia Miles"

Should I call MPC to re-confirm this rejection case? If indeed this AA8884 codeshare cannot earn Asia Miles, where can I find out this information?

(I have similar case in the past where they rejected my initial missing miles form, but when I called MPC, they gave me the miles.)
Old Jan 5, 15, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-LTP, TP-*G, HL-D, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Indeed codeshared flights on a Oneworld carrier and operated by a Oneworld partner (in this case, CX) CAN indeed earn Asia Miles!

It will also be based on AA's flight booking class - Q and not CX's !

Call MPC. They should sort it out properly.
Old Jan 6, 15, 12:30 am

Programs: Cathy Pacific (0.13mil)
Originally Posted by ChannelA380 View Post
Should I call MPC to re-confirm this rejection case? If indeed this AA8884 codeshare cannot earn Asia Miles, where can I find out this information?

(I have similar case in the past where they rejected my initial missing miles form, but when I called MPC, they gave me the miles.)
Honestly, the time it took for you to write this post, you could had already called the Club and had it all sorted out
Old Jan 8, 15, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC Gold
Called them and they will re-evaluate the case... that's the news...
Old Feb 4, 15, 6:39 pm

Programs: *G, OW Emerald, Bonvoy Amb Elite, HH Gold
Any update?

Originally Posted by ChannelA380 View Post
Called them and they will re-evaluate the case... that's the news...
Hello. I'm in a similar situation with a SIN-HKG sector and interested to know how/if your case was resolved (assuming it has been resolved by now). Thanks.
Old Feb 4, 15, 10:06 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Call them; alternatively visit the MPO desk in HKG. The latter is faster, but not always an option of course.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: