Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX Deals flying to Europe in Business?

Old Jan 3, 2015, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat

Hey guys,

I was wondering whether CX is offering package deals for flying HKG-FRA in business. The last two years they had those "Premium Bundle Fares" offering 1 short haul + 1 longhaul for ~ 38,000 HKD. This year the round trip to FRA alone is ~ 45,000 HKD (vs. 31,000 HKD to YVR as promotion, roughly same flight time).
Lufthansa on the same route is only ~ 28,000 HKD

The only deals I could find to Europe were Eco and Premium.

Any ideas if it would be possible to get HKG-FRA for around 30ish K HKD?
I'm looking to fly in July.
I'm not really fond of flying LH, because of their smaller seats and fewer lavatories.

Thanks a lot.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
You should know by now that if you want cheap CX J/F fares, you depart from anywhere except ex-HKG.

Try ex-TPE, ICN, NRT, BKK.

Or else fly on other carriers eg QR, MH, UL if you want to stay with OW. There are all below HKD$26000 before tax. Okay QR at $27000.

There are many people who'll fly premium and will pay for it ex-HKG that CX does not need to discount.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Jan 3, 2015 at 11:58 pm
Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Thanks Betsy, I don't wanna necessary stay with OW. Just want a nice J seat with good food. Preferably Asian. SIA is right at 31,000 HKD.

BTW: NRT - HKG - FRA is just 16,000 HKD in J or 27,000 from TPE
I blame those rich Mainlanders

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.