Flight Load

Old Dec 24, 14, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Concierge Key, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam
Flight Load

Folks - how do I see flight loads for CX flights? I am on CX831 on 12/28 and wanted to see how full F will be. This will be my first CX flight in F - so excited.

Thank you.
Old Dec 24, 14, 8:27 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
For 28 Dec

F3 A3 J9 C9 D9 I9 W9 R9 E8 Y7 B7 H4 KL ML LL VL GL SL NL QC OL

So half full?
Old Dec 24, 14, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
For 28 Dec

F3 A3 J9 C9 D9 I9 W9 R9 E8 Y7 B7 H4 KL ML LL VL GL SL NL QC OL

So half full?
Awesome; thank you. I am sitting in 1A and hoping the load remains half full ^
Old Dec 26, 14, 11:18 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by canuckshark View Post
Awesome; thank you. I am sitting in 1A and hoping the load remains half full ^
don't wanna rain on the parade, but even @ 48 hours still probably not indicative. FWIW JFK is the F destination with probably the latest booking window. I've seen 1/6 turn into 6/6 that day. Done the route a number of times, I recall at least once getting 3/6 on CX831 but I feel like it is usually 4+/6 in F on JFK flights. I've been guilty of swapping in that flight same-day! Could also be an Asia Miles upgrade or two at the airport.

Congratulations on getting to fly CX F, you'll enjoy F regardless!
Old Dec 27, 14, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by QRC3288 View Post
don't wanna rain on the parade, but even @ 48 hours still probably not indicative. FWIW JFK is the F destination with probably the latest booking window. I've seen 1/6 turn into 6/6 that day. Done the route a number of times, I recall at least once getting 3/6 on CX831 but I feel like it is usually 4+/6 in F on JFK flights. I've been guilty of swapping in that flight same-day! Could also be an Asia Miles upgrade or two at the airport.

I am pretty low maintenance; don't mind if load is heavy as long as we don't get any ill-behaved toddlers.
Old Dec 27, 14, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by QRC3288 View Post

QRC - you are spot on - load is down to F1

At least I have seat 1A.
Old Dec 27, 14, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by canuckshark View Post
QRC - you are spot on - load is down to F1

At least I have seat 1A.
Rule of thumb for JFK F cabin is tons of last minute award clearances.
Old Dec 27, 14, 4:11 pm

Yup - JFK can fill up very quickly. 48 hours before my flight, it was F5 then day of departure it became F2 and then we departed full 6/6 (I saw someone use an upgrade voucher at check-in.) Didn't notice or care about the other passengers seated - that's how private the A aisle is and there was plenty of Krug and food to go around, I was able to get everything I wanted to eat.

Enjoy!
Old Apr 25, 19, 4:58 am

Would anyone be able to look up flight load for KA729 on April 30? Thanks. The seat map for economy seems to include part of the business cabin on a rare 33R for this route.
Old Apr 25, 19, 5:30 am

Programs: CX MPC, AC Aeroplan

Old Apr 25, 19, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by bluetus04 View Post

Thanks! J is sold out (or oversold) but plenty left in economy. I guess there's little chance rows 16-18 will open up for passengers in Y.
Old Apr 25, 19, 5:55 am

Programs: CX MPC, AC Aeroplan
Originally Posted by bchang View Post
Thanks! J is sold out (or oversold) but plenty left in economy. I guess there's little chance rows 16-18 will open up for passengers in Y.
I don't know too much about it, but seems like they're only selling Y for this flight and putting those with status in the J and F seats?!
Old Apr 26, 19, 1:38 am
Original Member

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
If they are only selling Y, we won't even see J,C,D,I showing up
QRC3288 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 19, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
If they are only selling Y, we won't even see J,C,D,I showing up
Looks like J passengers are sitting in F and the front J cabin; the second J cabin seems to be blocked for Y passengers at the moment according to the ExpertFlyer seat maps.
QRC3288 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 19, 4:52 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by bluetus04 View Post
I don't know too much about it, but seems like they're only selling Y for this flight and putting those with status in the J and F seats?!
No. Not quite.

The two posters immediately above me explain what's actually happening.

Succinctly, this is pretty standard for KA in certain rotations, and not abnormal for KUL either. On 33R the section of J behind doors 2 becomes big seats for Y class. And then the first class section, with the herringbone seats, becomes J class.

Ironically, I find the outport where I have encountered this the most (HGH) to be incredibly good at saving those seats exclusively for Diamonds, or at least at-airport release only and the KA employee in charge decides who gets them. Whereas at HKG, it is a free for all. Sometimes they're dropped into the seat map before OLCI, other times at OLCI, other times at the airport. And often it's first come first served as long as you have some kind of reasonable elite status like GO or OWS or higher. Although not always...we got a last minute sub to 77H to Shanghai recently with first class sold as J. I was on a "C" class fare and allowed to sit there. My traveling companion, also a DM was initially denied because he was on an "I" class fare. But this was CX368, which can have 50 Diamonds on a flight. Overall I find CX pretty good, but not always perfect at HKG, to allocate seats to their highest tiers. But if they drop OLCI or before, anyone can snag them with status.
DiamondMile likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: