Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG New Check-in System?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Okay, looks like I can't check in to my flights again on the outbound. At least I can get my lounge invite though on my outbound station now.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: CX, Marriott
This is a great improvement!

Originally Posted by Siamstationed
I have just completed OLCI to my flight to London via Bangkok, and for the first time it allowed me to check in for my London flight, at the same time as my flight to Bangkok, even though the London flight was departing 52 hours later, so it would seem that the 48 hour check-in rule is now waved and check in is allowed 48 hours from the commencement of the first sector flight.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by alphaod
Okay, looks like I can't check in to my flights again on the outbound. At least I can get my lounge invite though on my outbound station now.
Do you mean you could not check in but could still get the lounge invitation ?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
I just flew HKG-SFO. When I checked in Tuesday, an agent greeting passengers asked where I flew, and then led me to a counter next to the regular F check-in area. Apparently CX is switching check-in systems, and they started with US-bound flights. Check-in agents at these counters were struggling with the system and could not use the passport reader. It took 3 minutes (or more) to complete my check-in.

Hope things return to normal soon.
Anybody knows the details of this "new" system? Was it a simple programs upgrade or they are switching over to something completely different, like a different vendor?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:13 pm
Suspended

I just flew HKG-SFO. When I checked in Tuesday, an agent greeting passengers asked where I flew, and then led me to a counter next to the regular F check-in area. Apparently CX is switching check-in systems, and they started with US-bound flights.
Did your boarding pass show SEQ instead of BN? Just returned to LHR few days ago in F, but still the same old BN.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CXcity
Did your boarding pass show SEQ instead of BN? Just returned to LHR few days ago in F, but still the same old BN.
I only had the last three BPs with me. They showed SEC.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 1:00 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Anybody knows the details of this "new" system? Was it a simple programs upgrade or they are switching over to something completely different, like a different vendor?
Cathay has been transitioning to Amadeus from the previously bespoke legacy systems.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:24 am

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by sxc
Cathay has been transitioning to Amadeus from the previously bespoke legacy systems.
To be exact, it is Amadeus Altea.

See http://www.norwegian.no/PageFiles/14...gian%20PDT.pdf for a manual of the check-in system which includes some screenshots.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:50 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Although I am based in London, for the last two weeks Hong Kong has been my base. On Saturday 29-Nov I flew CX HKG-SFO. First check-in is now returned to 'normal' and all flights - or so the delightful lady at the First check-in desks advised me - are now on the same updated system; so no separated check-in areas for First. However, if there is anything 'unusual' about the booking this can take some time to resolve.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

HKG New Check-in System?

My online check in with an exit row seat was changed to a middle seat in row 55 upon checking in at Kowloon station. The check in agent blamed the new system and said they were having lots of problems with it.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 3:51 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
My online check in with an exit row seat was changed to a middle seat in row 55 upon checking in at Kowloon station. The check in agent blamed the new system and said they were having lots of problems with it.
I think there's other reason why your seat is gone... I've done OLCI under new system in outport so many times but never have such experience
Old Nov 30, 2014, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I flew KIX-HKG Nov 28 and could not print my BP. I called and a charming lady on the phone worked on it for 10 minutes and could not solve the issue. She said that was because my ticket was not issued by CX and they had troubles with the new system. But everything was fine at the airport and my assigned seat kept.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:48 am

I only had the last three BPs with me. They showed SEC.
It's been showing SEC for awhile now. For long-haul and short-haul BPs.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:55 am

Can't login to MPC online, keep giving me a "I'm sorry it's down, we are working hard to fix it" type of message page. Wonder if these issues are related.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Can't login to MPC online, keep giving me a "I'm sorry it's down, we are working hard to fix it" type of message page. Wonder if these issues are related.
Just did that - I was able to login. Perhaps just a glitch...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.