Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX New Haneda Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
CX New Haneda Lounge

Does anyone know when the new CX Haneda lounge will open? It stated early December.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:46 am

CX tells me there is a media preview planned for December 8, so I am sure the public opening will be sometime around then (as you may know, previous lounges have seen the media preview in the morning/noon and then opened to the public later that day). [I'd go to the opening but am already double-booked for travel – December is turning out to be a manic month!]
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:49 am

Programs: CX DM
Opens Dec 9 starting with the morning CX 543 flight. Operated by Okura Hotel group.

Last edited by marcuslai; Nov 26, 2014 at 5:17 am
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:13 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
last time I was at HND on CX, I used the JAL F lounge...is that situation the same or changing?

Will there will be any incentive for DMs to use the CX lounge, which I presume will be a combined J+F lounge? Or stick with JL F? The food isn't blow your socks off in JL F, but I like the feel of that lounge and the views of the tarmac.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288
last time I was at HND on CX, I used the JAL F lounge...is that situation the same or changing?
CX's lounge will be above (in fact on the top floor) the recently-opened JL/NH lounges that is in the new wing of the international terminal. It occupies the entire floor and will be the largest outport lounge of CX. It looks more like the Bridge with a Japanese-zen feel, and does not have the usual outport stylings.

It does have a noodle bar with wonton noodles and dan-dan mien, but also Japanese food options like curry rice etc..
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:09 am

If you walk up the stairs at the JAL Sakura you will find the lounging area to be quieter and more peaceful with little couch cubicles. Clearly no lounge staff was there to stop anyone from going in even though there was a sign that read "F and Emeralds Only". I initially thought that the upstairs was closed after seeing that it was empty, then a few others came along and everyone just started grabbing their spot. Luckily the majority of the crowd stayed down by the dining area, so the upper level of the lounge was quiet and cosy for you to enjoy a few drinks.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: CX DM, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by marcuslai
Opens Dec 9 starting with the morning CX 543 flight. Operated by Okura Hotel group.
Darn, would be flying 543 on Dec.8, guess no luck to try it out.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
They only fly out of HND twice a day and they're opening a dedicated lounge?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:10 am

An indication for CX to add flights to HND?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:52 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by ctb213ctb213
An indication for CX to add flights to HND?
There's no slots left
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
They only fly out of HND twice a day and they're opening a dedicated lounge?
I guess it's because HND actually has space for one, with the recent expansion of the intl terminal.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:50 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak
There's no slots left
possibly with tradings or additional slots opening up for red eye flights. or for other HKG based LCCs running out.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:00 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by marcuslai
I guess it's because HND actually has space for one, with the recent expansion of the intl terminal.
1 is that, 2 is that CX should be paying quite a bit in lounge fees so that they are making one that would attract enough people to use it instead of paying JL lounge fees.

LHR is one that's off my head that i would use CX's ahead of AA/BA's (however there ARE 4-5 flights ex LHR compared to 2 @ HND... perhaps they are thinking they might be able to capture some BA/AA pax too
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:41 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
It'll have to be a pretty special lounge design to tempt me away from the excellent clubby feel of the section at the far end of the JAL F lounge. The detailing is great, right down to the chess sets, old JAL photos, football table, antique luggage, Japanese whisky bar etc.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:49 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Too much travel
It'll have to be a pretty special lounge design to tempt me away from the excellent clubby feel of the section at the far end of the JAL F lounge. The detailing is great, right down to the chess sets, old JAL photos, football table, antique luggage, Japanese whisky bar etc.
agree completely.

i think i get why they're doing it though. i'm guessing kaka's analysis is spot on. cx is hoping to draw enough traffic away from JL's lounges, and maybe they can grab some other OW customers as well.

the longer I troll this forum and use CX's lounges, I realize lounges are a business where OW partners are frenemies...they provide a vital service (lounge access) for your elites at outports, but it comes at a cost. alliance partners have an incentive to do the math and see if they're on the losing end of a bargain, and if so maybe consider opening a lounge on your partners' home turf. QF in HKIA is a perfect example. lounge economics reminds me of chess boxing between friends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.