Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

"Access Denied" Message on CX Website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX GO, SPG GO

Fellow CXers,

There are plenty of posts on how horrid CX's website and booking system are, but this takes the cake.

Since Sunday night, whenever I try to do a normal booking, or a redemption booking, I get as far as the "Loading...." screen and get this message:
"Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://book.cathaypacific.com/pl/CathayPacificAwardV2/wds/OverrideServlet?" on this server.
Reference #18.340a4cdb.1413984342.132dfc03"
I've called MPO 3x on this, and they keep responding that there's no issue. I proceeded to email 7 screenshots of various browsers, on both OSX and Windows. No dice. They're still saying, "Everything's fine. Must be your firewall." I'm using a pocket router, with no firewall, and I've not touched any settings. Everything worked fine before Sunday.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:45 pm

Have you figured out a solution for this? I called them but were unable to help.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:20 pm

Hi -

I have received this message before ... but only from various young maidens I have dated in the past.

Never from the CX website though.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I get this occasionally. Seems to be working now.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by alphaod
I get this occasionally. Seems to be working now.
From females...or CX's I.T?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:25 am

I am getting this message, and despite several telephone calls to CX, remain unable to book redemption flights. The whole site works ok, but when booking details are entered, the annoying message appears:

You don't have permission to access "http://book.cathaypacific.com/pl/CathayPacificAwardV2/wds/OverrideServlet?

Any clues from anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.