Issues booking award ticket online

Old Oct 12, 14, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL PM, BA Silver, Bonvoy LT PLT
Issues booking award ticket online

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else has run across this issue. I have tried three times in the last couple of months to book an award ticket (CX metal) on cathaypacific.com. The flights/itinerary were available and I go through the booking funnel to where it shows the mileage cost and taxes/fees for the specific flights I selected, I select seats, then when I hit "continue" to enter my payment info, I get the following error:

"Please review the following items:

Price for your trip has changed. New quote displayed below (8015)
Price for your trip has changed. New quote displayed below (8015)
"

However, nothing is displayed below and there is nothing I can do but close the browser window or go back to the main homepage.

The award flight is not booked and no miles are deducted. I have tried IE, Firefox and Chrome and I get the same error, so it is not a browser issue.

I would rather not call MPC as that is too time consuming. I like the convenience of booking online.

Has anyone else experienced this issue when booking award tickets online at cathaypacific.com?
Old Oct 12, 14, 9:34 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
Can you give me the itin you're trying to book, either as a reply on this thread or PM?
Old Oct 12, 14, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL PM, BA Silver, Bonvoy LT PLT
Originally Posted by percysmith View Post
Can you give me the itin you're trying to book, either as a reply on this thread or PM?
I was looking at:
LAX-SIN 30Jan Business
SIN-LAX 7 Feb Business

The site returns 881/739 for the outbound and 734/880 for the return as available, but after I enter the personal details and select seats, it displays that error above when I click continue to payment details.

This also happened a few months ago when I was trying to book ORD-HKG in F. For that one I ended up booking it using BAEC miles no problem so the award space was there.
Old Oct 13, 14, 12:55 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Have you tried calling MPC to do the booking? I had this issue with paid tickets before and I had to call Reservations to book them.
Old Oct 13, 14, 1:08 am

I can see your seats.

http://www.hongkongcard.com/webedito...0647_98580.jpg
http://www.hongkongcard.com/webedito...0716_74864.jpg
http://www.hongkongcard.com//webedit...4215_84328.jpg

I was afraid I'll lock your seats, so I changed dates to 18-30/1:

http://www.hongkongcard.com/webedito...1813_31358.jpg

Tried booking it:

http://www.hongkongcard.com/webedito...1439_10220.jpg

Is it spitting a dummy because of the transit? In any case no solution but to call MPO centre and have the redemption issued by phone.

No availability on ba.com

Last edited by percysmith; Oct 13, 14 at 8:42 am
Old Oct 13, 14, 7:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Op, try calling MPC to get the agent to book it for you. They can also do a lot more on their end
Old Oct 13, 14, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by jona970318 View Post
Op, try calling MPC to get the agent to book it for you. They can also do a lot more on their end
Yes but you have to do incredible things to stay on the line to talk to an agent. For example to talk to Marco Polo agents I now:

1. Learn what buttons not to touch on my iPhone (and what I can still touch) whilst on hold for up to two hours

2. How to keep listening for an agent picking up in the office without turning on speakerphone or putting on headphones (crank up the speaker volume)

3. How to get out of my apartment block using the back stairs cos I always lose cellular collection in my lift lobby. It's 20+ floors walk down.

4. 2am is the time to go troubleshooting, because that's the only time you can consistently call Tsuen Wan agents without status.

5. I'm trilingual, so I can try the Cantonese Tsuen Wan centre, English Manila centre and Mandarin (as in 普通话) Beijing centre. Tsuen Wan are the best trained of the three but I can't get through, Manila gives me generous booking deadlines but takes 10 minutes to change a date, Beijing is the easiest line to get to but overinterprets the rules. Oh you have to leave time for HUACAing. And I don't speak Japanese nor Korean.

6. How the toll free number in Thailand is a myth - I tried calling from my Dtac local sim and the landline in the Louis Tavern lounge - had to call HK IDD eventually

7. Where to sit down in Lok Ma Chau station on Christmas Eve to finish a call to reroute my brother before crossing the border (hint: there are seats in the concourse - don't take the benches on the platform in winter)

Last edited by percysmith; Oct 13, 14 at 8:39 am
Old Oct 24, 14, 10:45 am

Having the same problem for a single passenger (what I thought) very simple JFK-YVR one way in business class. Trying to use expiring Asia Miles.

Seats available on Asia Miles and BA, Tuesday Jan 13
Old Oct 24, 14, 5:39 pm

Programs: TK *G, DL PL, Hyatt DM, SPG GO, HHonors GO, Marriott GO, IHG Ambassador
Had exactly the same problem. CX has a lot of problems going on with their system the whole time... Only way is to call MPC and it can be really quick.
Old Oct 24, 14, 5:45 pm

Programs: *G, OW Emerald, Bonvoy Amb Elite, HH Gold
I consistently received the same message yesterday when attempting to book on BA from a number of different East Coast USA departure points to AMS. It would calculate the points and taxes after I had selected available flights but then display the above error message instead of the payment screen. I tried different routings and then browsers to no avail so rang the MPC (sounded like MNL) and the itinerary I wanted was booked in about 10 minutes (after a hold of 4 minutes) and ticketed about 3 hours later.
Old Oct 24, 14, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NZZO View Post
I consistently received the same message yesterday when attempting to book on BA from a number of different East Coast USA departure points to AMS. It would calculate the points and taxes after I had selected available flights but then display the above error message instead of the payment screen. I tried different routings and then browsers to no avail so rang the MPC (sounded like MNL) and the itinerary I wanted was booked in about 10 minutes (after a hold of 4 minutes) and ticketed about 3 hours later.
I think it's pretty common to get those messages for BA/QF award bookings

Search this Thread
Search Engine: