Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Show on Award Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

No Show on Award Ticket

I have an award ticket booked from Asia Miles/Marco Polo, i'm unable to make the date of the return leg of the flight as there don't seem to be any seats available at later dates.

The marco polo agent told me that i can just not show up to the flight, and rebook the flight to a later date when seats are available for just a small fee. as long as the tickets valid (1 year)

Is this right?

Cheers
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
yes it right
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Sorry for digging up this thread. Does the situation above still apply for no show on an award ticket? I've redeemed so many tickets but I've never had to no-show. So this is new for me.

I have a new OW award ticket, no sectors flown yet. The first leg is in late August, but I can't fly on that date. I will change it to a later date but I can't decide until September.

Since changes require a fee, I don't want to have to pay the fee twice. Can I just no-show for the first leg?

Is there any difference if I choose to cancel the ticket? Can I cancel an unused OW award ticket if I no-show on the first leg, without paying an extra penalty?

(For those of you who may be concerned that I may be hoarding precious award inventory and no-show for that flight, rest assured that it's just a J ticket to TPE, which shouldn't significantly deprive other members of the opportunity to redeem an award ticket. It's not a JFK/LHR/CDG ticket that I'm holding.)
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:30 am

Your post isn't clear, but it seems like there is a first leg and a second leg in the same reservation. If you do not show for the first leg, your subsequent legs will be canceled. This is a separate issue from whether you can use the miles later and what you will have to pay to reinstate miles.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
No Show on Award Ticket

Calling kaka!

Took s bit of searching, but his post on this thread gives a clue:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-asia-miles/1350290-cx-award-restrictions.html
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Your post isn't clear, but it seems like there is a first leg and a second leg in the same reservation. If you do not show for the first leg, your subsequent legs will be canceled. This is a separate issue from whether you can use the miles later and what you will have to pay to reinstate miles.
Oh yes silly me. I forgot the automatic cancellation of subsequent flights.

The OW Award ticket that I have has 7 flights and I was hoping to no-show the first flight and keep my reservation for the other 6 flights (many of them are partner airlines). Of course the ticket will be used in the original sequence - the only difference is the first flight is on a different date.

I guess that plan won't work.

Last edited by Psychiatrist; Aug 11, 2015 at 11:33 am Reason: Clarity
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:30 am
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

Dont put ur hope all down. Let me recall my old tickets first
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:39 am
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by jagmeets
Calling kaka!

Took s bit of searching, but his post on this thread gives a clue:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-asia-miles/1350290-cx-award-restrictions.html
Whats ur itinerary in question? I have no-showed before but they can still call up ur reservation... I rebooked my flights fine (none of my legs were at "no possible inventory" situation), but a throw away leg did cause some problems because it would cause a situation of using tickets out of sequence (that i wouldnt want to use!)

Hkg is quite annoying but if ure talking about tpe-hkg maybe u can just walk up to the airport and standby!
Old Aug 11, 2015, 12:18 pm

You can no-show a award ticket without paying any penalty and is free to pay for rebook/cancellation subsequently.

Your subsequent flights in the same booking will not be cancelled automatically.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
No Show on Award Ticket

Jut curious if this is true for both Asiamiles and Oneworld multi carrier awards?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 1:09 pm

Never tried no-show first segment for one-world award, but no problem for rebooking second or subsequent segment no-shown, and other segments are untouched.

True for AM award.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by LchChester
Never tried no-show first segment for one-world award, but no problem for rebooking second or subsequent segment no-shown, and other segments are untouched.

True for AM award.
Great! Thanks!

I don't mind paying for rebooking / cancellation and reissue fees. I just want to hang on to the partner award flights before I finalize the first leg on CX.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: SPG Gold, CX MPC Gold, Hilton Hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by LchChester
You can no-show a award ticket without paying any penalty and is free to pay for rebook/cancellation subsequently.

Your subsequent flights in the same booking will not be cancelled automatically.
Hi LchChester (and other FTers),

Is this still the case? Has any of the T&Cs changed since this topic was last discussed?

Status is:
Have a simple return ticket and have flown the 1st leg.
Will more than likely not fly the 2nd leg on the flight booked (have other commitments for that particular day), but can't decide when I will fly this 2nd leg at the moment.

Does that mean I can simply no-show for this 2nd leg, and when I have made up my mind when I want to fly this 2nd leg, I can call AM/MPC and get them to change my ticket for 4000 Asia Miles provided that there is a redemption seat available on that flight?

Thank you in advance!
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
If you no show, your e ticket will be out of sequence, and will be invalid until it is revalidated. The reservations will be intact but the ticket itself is no longer usable.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
If you no show, your e ticket will be out of sequence, and will be invalid until it is revalidated. The reservations will be intact but the ticket itself is no longer usable.
Sorry, but I don't understand your reply.
My understanding is that the OP has a A-B-A ticket. He has already flown A-B.
You imply that the B-A segment is no longer "usable" if he is a noshow. SO he could not use it later for another B-A flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.