Experiences with "Priority Baggage"

Old Jul 19, 2014, 9:44 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG

Hi,

just wondering what everyone's experiences with "priority baggage" were on CX/KA - with status or with flying J/F. For those getting this with MPC status, do they tag your bag with a business class/first class tag, or do they identify it with some other means?

I've had (real) priority baggage at HKG, SIN and TPE travelling on J. It didn't work, however, at MNL.

Never tried using MPC status - only a silver anyway. Anyone?

And on that point, even though its not a OW benefit, anyone had priority baggage using OW status on Y?

In terms of FFP benefits, priority baggage is really third to lounge access and priority seating choice, IMHO. Then fourth would be business class check in.

Cheers
Old Jul 19, 2014, 10:41 pm

F-tags, come out first.
J-tags, since at least half of bags seem to be J-tags, it can be early or late depending on your luck.
No-tags, pretty late
Old Jul 19, 2014, 10:45 pm

Programs: CX MPC GO; Golden Circle nobody!
I once saw a DM+ couple's bags coming out really fast. Everyone else had to wait at least ten more minutes.

If you are MPC silver traveling in Y, you can still get J-tag and your luggages can still come out pretty fast.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: CX GO

I've had plenty of experiences where F tags have come out way after most of the J tags ...... though on interestingly my comment applies to CX flights. On non CX flights, particularly JAL, they do come out first.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: CX GO (in hibernation mode), AA EXP, SPG GO, HH DM
on my last flight back from HND atleast 70% of the bags that came out all had J priority tags on there. Seemed as if everyone had some sort of status on that flight and needless to say my global entry didn't make much of a difference since our bags were one of the last to come out.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
Same experience:
F-Tags come out super fast
J-Tags well... lets just say from HKG everyone seems to have at least MPC-Silver, literally every bag I saw some out after the flight was "Priority"

Agent did tag my bag First Class once when I was flying in Y because the flight was delayed and I had a tight connection. It did come out as one of the first bags. Sadly my flight was further delayed and I didn't make the connection anyway.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, Former CX Diamond, TG Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by cxauhk
I've had plenty of experiences where F tags have come out way after most of the J tags ...... though on interestingly my comment applies to CX flights. On non CX flights, particularly JAL, they do come out first.
Same for me. At HKIA, F and J tags always seem to come out together and usually after crew bags. Similar situation in SIN, SYD, MEL, AKL and JFK. In my experience, QF and BA seem to have seperate bins for F but with CX it feels like F and J are loaded together.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 6:46 pm

Curiously, why would crew bags come out first when crew are the last people to disembark the plane and make their way to the carousel?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Curiously, why would crew bags come out first when crew are the last people to disembark the plane and make their way to the carousel?
crew bags (yellow tags) are usually pulled away and lined up next to the baggage carousel by a company representative, so the crew can retrieve their bags and leave right away.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
My arrivals in LAX on CX have been fairly consistent, with F bags first, then crew bags, then priority.

Other stations (outstations in Asia, excl. HKG) have been generally any F tagged bags first, then priority, then others (I guess; I don't wait around to see once I get my bag.).
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Crew normally aren't the last to the carousel. A plane doesn't take particularly long to disembark (less than 5 minutes once the doors are open, in general). Crew lanes and more straightforward immigration procedures in outports help too.

Therefore, the company generally wants the crew bags out fairly quickly so the crew aren't then standing around. On an overnight with minimum rest, any time spent wasted waiting for the bags can easily mean a delay to the first flight of the next morning. Our minimum rest is predicated on "time available to sleep" not just time off the aircraft.

For this reason, crew bags are either loaded last in a separate container, or may in fact be in the bulk cargo hold.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:40 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
re hnd, thats cuz many japanese "frequent" (or ex-frequent) flyer can be a JGC member aka OWS. so they get tags.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:04 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by kaka
re hnd, thats cuz many japanese "frequent" (or ex-frequent) flyer can be a JGC member aka OWS. so they get tags.
So CX makes a habit of tagging OWS bags with priority even though OW benefits don't really include it?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by jdtravels
So CX makes a habit of tagging OWS bags with priority even though OW benefits don't really include it?
Yeah I can't agree that this is providing 'good service' if its going to overflow the system so that J tags become meaningless.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by jdtravels
I am not sure if it's a published OW benefit but when I flew other OW partners in Y before (with AA and QF) they have always given me the priority tags too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.