Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

HKG: Exiting the airport after going to the lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG: Exiting the airport after going to the lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:27 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Yes you may. Contact a lounge staff so they organize a staff to take you out. They prob need (20,60) minutes to get it organized to send you to the arrivals hall.
So remember ro leave some time in ahead.

Originally Posted by joerules
Hi,

I'm arriving from Singapore at 5:05 and leaving for Delhi later that night. I'll have both tickets. Would it be possible to transit, go to the Pier Lounge and freshen up for a couple of hours, then leave the airport to go into Hong Kong before coming back later in the day?

Thanks,
Joe
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:29 am

Programs: EY Gold, BA Gold, EK Gold, CX Gold
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
and how is your situation different to all those people who been asking EXACTLY the same question for the past 12 pages?
Charming ....
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:30 am

Thanks very much for the info. 5am is a bit early to go out and enjoy HKG. I'll be happy to go once things open and I can enjoy the day in the city.

Originally Posted by kaka
Yes you may. Contact a lounge staff so they organize a staff to take you out. They prob need (20,60) minutes to get it organized to send you to the arrivals hall.
So remember ro leave some time in ahead.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
and how is your situation different to all those people who been asking EXACTLY the same question for the past 12 pages?
The situations may or may not be then same. If you got an answer before 2013 it would be different now.

Andif u got an answer in jan, what makes you think the answer is the same now.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:39 am

I agree. It also benefits them as I am occupying their facilities for just a couple of hours rather than over 13 hours. A happy customer is a more loyal customer.

Originally Posted by kaka
What to do between 5am till maybe 11am where things in town start to open up? Not everyone wants to sit in a dimsum restaurant with loud old men/women for 5-6 hours (most nicer cafes open at 8 (unless we are talking about hotels). So i fail to see why one shouldnt access the lounges if they are qualified.

I did the same in fra recently to spend 3 hours in the lounge and passed thru immigration twice just to obtain a carry on to put in sharp things that i bought in town.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:42 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
There are some reports in these pages that this practice isn't so easy these days. Do you have access to the arrivals lounge? That's where you should be going.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:46 am

Oh, I didn't think of that. I assumed it was like BA where only long-haul passengers have access. I might check that out instead if it turns out to be the safer option.

Originally Posted by sxc
There are some reports in these pages that this practice isn't so easy these days. Do you have access to the arrivals lounge? That's where you should be going.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Oh, I didn't think of that. I assumed it was like BA where only long-haul passengers have access. I might check that out instead if it turns out to be the safer option.
F, J, MPW DM, MPW GO, OWE (no guest) can access arrival lounge when arriving on CX/KA flights. It does not matter if that is long haul or not. I am flying PEK-HKG this Sunday and I am planning to use it.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Steps for rebooking after using lounge

I will need to catch up with a colleague at HK, I have a 4 hour layover, and there isn't much good quite restaurants at landside. She has a Y full fare ticket to PVG and I'm thinking of get her to rebook the flight so we could meet in Pier and rebook again after I depart. This will also maximise our meeting time.

What are the steps?
do we call to uncheckin her and re book or visit a counter somewhere?
After that, how could she go back landslide? Is this process easy or full of hassle.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 1:33 pm
mxr

Programs: CX DM
I agree. It also benefits them as I am occupying their facilities for just a couple of hours rather than over 13 hours. A happy customer is a more loyal customer.
Don't be mafan please.

Go to arrivals, head to town, come back to enjoy the pier later.

No need to waste staff time of 60+ minutes to babysit you.

It seem's like you are OWE + MPGO so just make use of the provided facilities.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by Ausriver
I will need to catch up with a colleague at HK, I have a 4 hour layover, and there isn't much good quite restaurants at landside. She has a Y full fare ticket to PVG and I'm thinking of get her to rebook the flight so we could meet in Pier and rebook again after I depart. This will also maximise our meeting time.

What are the steps?
do we call to uncheckin her and re book or visit a counter somewhere?
After that, how could she go back landslide? Is this process easy or full of hassle.
To maximum your meeting time, I would suggest you rebook your flights (arriving earlier or departing later) instead of rebooking hers so she will not face the hassle of finding her way back landside, and so you will not use the last two hours of your meeting time trying to rebook her and help her find her way back landside.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:03 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
To maximum your meeting time, I would suggest you rebook your flights (arriving earlier or departing later) instead of rebooking hers so she will not face the hassle of finding her way back landside, and so you will not use the last two hours of your meeting time trying to rebook her and help her find her way back landside.
The current flight I booked leave HGH at 3:35pm, and I have meeting in the morning and lunch also booked. The earlier one leave at 11ish in the morning and that will be a waste for the whole morning & partially afternoon.

I've never missed a flight after checking in, the reason I'm asking on this forum is to get some understanding about what would normally happen once you've "missed" a flight after clearing immigration.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:53 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Ausriver
The current flight I booked leave HGH at 3:35pm, and I have meeting in the morning and lunch also booked. The earlier one leave at 11ish in the morning and that will be a waste for the whole morning & partially afternoon.

I've never missed a flight after checking in, the reason I'm asking on this forum is to get some understanding about what would normally happen once you've "missed" a flight after clearing immigration.
If they scan your colleagues bp on entry to the lounge they know where you are and might find them.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sxc
You just have to pad for 20-60 minutes. Ive never had them turning me down. Sometimes the wait is just longer.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:43 pm
Suspended

I personally see nothing wrong if he is on transit.

As for rebooking to usr the lounge.... no i'm not helping that one. Just go to the cafe at regal airport. Its not that bad. Or you can go to elements/ritz carlton/ifc/4S for lunch. 4 hours is plenty of time.
Originally Posted by mxr
Don't be mafan please.

Go to arrivals, head to town, come back to enjoy the pier later.

No need to waste staff time of 60+ minutes to babysit you.

It seem's like you are OWE + MPGO so just make use of the provided facilities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.