CX Website update

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
CX Website update

System Maintenance Outage
Latest update: 30 Apr 2014 12:00 HKT (GMT+8)

We are upgrading our systems. Online Check-In, Manage Booking, the mobile site and a few related services will not be available between 10 and 11 May.
The system upgrade will last for approximately 10 hours: 23:30 10 May - 09:30 HKT, 11 May 2014 (10/05/2014 15:30 – 01:30 GMT).

During this period, the following services will not be available:

Online Check-In
Manage Booking – updating personal information, advance seat reservation, special meal requests and other services, and access to itinerary and eTicket receipt
Mobile Website
Mobile Application – Check-In, Flight Status, Retrieve Your Booking, Flight Schedules, Marco Polo Club
Self Check-In kiosks at airports
During the outage you will need to check in at our airport counters instead. We recommend printing a copy of your eTicket receipt and arriving at the airport at least three hours prior to departure. For more information on what will happen during this period, please read the Commonly Asked Questions below. We apologise for any inconvenience you may experience during the system outage.

Commonly Asked Questions – System Maintenance Outage

What are the systems or services affected during this maintenance outage?

Online Check-In
Manage Booking – updating personal information, advance seat reservation, special meal requests and other services, and access to itinerary and eTicket receipt
Mobile Website
Mobile Application – Check-In, Flight Status, Retrieve Your Booking, Flight Schedules, Marco Polo Club
Self Check-In kiosks at airports

Will I be able to check-in for my flight during the outage?

During the outage customers will need to check-in at our airport counters instead of online/through your mobile phone. We recommend printing a copy of your eTicket receipt and arriving at the airport at least three hours prior to departure. If you do not have a time constraint, these services will be available after the outage.

Will I be able to check-in for my flight during the outage using the self check in kiosks at the airport?

No, customers will need to proceed to our airport counters for check-in and to obtain their boarding pass. We recommend printing a copy of your eTicket receipt and arriving at the airport at least three hours prior to departure.

If I already have a hyperlink via SMS/email to access the mobile boarding pass, will I be able to retrieve it during the outage?

No, customers will not be able to retrieve the mobile boarding pass using this hyperlink during the outage. Alternatively, if you have an Apple product with the Passbook application, you can add your boarding pass to it ahead of the outage and be able to access the boarding pass when you are at the airport – this function will not be affected by the outage. If you do not have Passbook or a printer to use Self Print Boarding Pass instead, you can obtain your boarding pass at our airport counters.

If I cannot access my mobile boarding pass during the outage, will I need to check-in again?

No, but you will need to obtain your boarding pass at our airport counters. We recommend taking a copy of your eTicket receipt.

Will I be able to make a booking during the outage?

Yes. The service is not affected.

I need to change my flight details. Can I do this during the outage?

Yes. You can do this by contacting one of the following service centres:

The Marco Polo Club
Green/Silver/Gold members: +800 2747 5500**
Diamond members: +800 2747 3888**
Cathay Pacific: +800 2747 2200**
Dragonair: +800 3193 2200**
Asia Miles: +852 2747 3838 (toll-free numbers for other countries are available)
** Worldwide toll-free number

Will the Cathay Pacific and Dragonair websites be available during the outage?

Yes. Only the Online Check-In and Manage Booking services will be unavailable.

Can I check-in or manage my booking through the Marco Polo Club website during the outage?

No. These services will not be available during the outage.

Will I be able to make a redemption booking or upgrade during the outage?

Yes. These services are not affected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.