Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Marco Polo Club
Reload this Page >

Cathay to move to Changi Terminal 4 in 2017

Cathay to move to Changi Terminal 4 in 2017

Closed Thread

Old Jul 17, 17, 5:30 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ermen View Post
KUL, CMB
ams fra
Old Jul 17, 17, 5:50 am

Programs: MH, AC, AS
Originally Posted by MKE-MR View Post
I can only think of a few airports in my experience that have mingled arrivals and departures: Changi, KLIA, and Kansas City MCI (ha!). Others? I'm sure there must be...
Originally Posted by ermen View Post
KUL, CMB
OT: KUL's new-ish T2 is also segregated, though it's basically an LCC terminal.
Old Jul 17, 17, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by kaka View Post
ams fra
You're confusing Schengen and non-Schengen sections with Singapore's mixed arrivals/departures model. Where security/immigration is required it is still centralised unlike SIN.
Old Jul 17, 17, 6:52 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 1010101 View Post
You're confusing Schengen and non-Schengen sections with Singapore's mixed arrivals/departures model. Where security/immigration is required it is still centralised unlike SIN.
AMS used to be mixed arrival/departures until a few years ago where they moved to centralised security
Old Jul 17, 17, 7:42 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by 24left View Post
Also, someone invented a new spelling for the word "curbless".
Er, no, the word in English for the absence of a kerb is indeed kerbless.

The word "curbless" in English means the absence of a restraint or control over something.
Old Jul 17, 17, 7:49 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by MKE-MR View Post
I can only think of a few airports in my experience that have mingled arrivals and departures: Changi, KLIA, and Kansas City MCI (ha!). Others? I'm sure there must be...
Not quite a direct comparison, but the domestic areas of most (all?) US and Australian airports are also mixed - it certainly is the case at JFK T8, BOS, ORD, MSP, DFW, LAX, SYD and MEL.
Old Jul 17, 17, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K, 1MM, NH, DL, AA, GE/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Too much travel View Post
Er, no, the word in English for the absence of a kerb is indeed kerbless.

The word "curbless" in English means the absence of a restraint or control over something.

I already thanked jacobsleather upthread for posting the explanation for "kerb" as in, British/Australian English.

Canadian English is part-British, part-American with a nice sprinkling of French and Quebecois, at a minimum.

Since I looked at the word "kerbless" in the video as a possible spelling error, I appreciated the other poster clarifying it.

That said....
When I search for curb and curbside, some of the results that appear are below.

In the end, SIN T4 will be kerbless, CX gets a new terminal and everyone will be happy.

Attached Images     
Old Jul 17, 17, 8:54 am
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC Silver, BAEC Gold (OWE), Hyatt
Originally Posted by 24left View Post
In the end, SIN T4 will be kerbless, CX gets a new terminal and everyone will be happy.

Except those that like to go to the singapore qantas lounge.
Old Jul 17, 17, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K, 1MM, NH, DL, AA, GE/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by sxc View Post
Except those that like to go to the singapore qantas lounge.
LOL, yup.

I recall posting my "lounge reviews" from having visited both the SIN QF and BA about 2 months ago, that I much preferred the BA for a variety of reasons. Sure, there were some nice things about the QF, but for some reason, other parts didn't appeal to me. A few CX FTers disagreed and much prefer QF. Also, some BA FTers prefer the QF. (BTW, for sheer amusement, one can spend a few minutes at the raging rants on the AC forum, and how bad their North American lounges are compared to XYZ, or more importantly, how their key hubs have the worst lounges compared to the offerings of CX in HKG etc etc (where is that Louis C.K. video "Louis CK Everything Is Amazing And Nobody Is Happy"....)
Old Jul 17, 17, 11:14 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 1010101 View Post
wait oh no seems like whether ull send to departures hall or arrivals depends on where u come from.

so if you flew in from uk ud be released at departures lounge; and nigeria the new arrivals floor.
Old Jul 26, 17, 4:38 am

More information on Changi T4 (not CX speciifc).

Talks about automated boarding gates.

That could be a nightmare if there are like only 2 machiens say per boarding gate and people don't know how to use the gates... and wonder how priority boarding will work

http://www.asiaone.com/singapore/5-c...ort-terminal-4
Old Aug 24, 17, 12:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA ExPlat, BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Starriott Gold, GE
First pax carrying flight will operate on AUG 28 out of T4 as CX 2714, taking the frame from originally CX 710

At the moment all other flights remain T1 but that can't last long...well I have two turnarounds in early September..fingers crossed (not back to back tho )
Old Aug 24, 17, 6:03 pm
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC Silver, BAEC Gold (OWE), Hyatt
Originally Posted by G-CIVC View Post
First pax carrying flight will operate on AUG 28 out of T4 as CX 2714, taking the frame from originally CX 710

At the moment all other flights remain T1 but that can't last long...well I have two turnarounds in early September..fingers crossed (not back to back tho )
I'm sad this means no more visits to the QF lounge in T1.
Old Aug 24, 17, 7:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by sxc View Post
I'm sad this means no more visits to the QF lounge in T1.
I concur. Even though I'm sure the new CX lounge will be great, QF still has the best buffet by far in their lounges.
Old Aug 24, 17, 7:20 pm

Has anyone figured out if there is an airside connection?

I saw that there is a connecting bus T2 - T4 (IIRC when I was in Changi on the weekend) but not sure where it drops off on T4

Search this Thread