Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX Premium Economy Experiences and Thoughts [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX Premium Economy Experiences and Thoughts [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:50 pm

EWR to HK.

Premium Economy.

Overhead bins- big enough to take a 22" Briggs & Riley rolling carryon wheels first no problem? 22"x14"x8" pretty unremarkable, quite average dimensions.

BJ
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by boltjames
Overhead bins- big enough to take a 22" Briggs & Riley rolling carryon wheels first no problem? 22"x14"x8" pretty unremarkable, quite average dimensions.

BJ
Is that dimension with...or without the MPO tag?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
EWR to HK.

Premium Economy.

BJ
Of the entire 77W layout both 77H and 77G (77G serves ewr), pey is the most capacity constrained overhead space.

YES a 22" roller will fit in the overheads. However, depending on when you board there may not be enough space anymore for that. I can't recall if my old 22" would fit in the middle 77W bins but it definitely fit in the side (A/K) ones so absolutely you're good on the dimensions. I just recommend getting on early. Especially if pey is full the space will fill up and your bag will get stuck in spare space in J or Y.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
Is that dimension with...or without the MPO tag?

With, of course. Mine are just like this one only they're green so they are more eye-catching.

BJ
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by QRC3288
Of the entire 77W layout both 77H and 77G (77G serves ewr), pey is the most capacity constrained overhead space.

YES a 22" roller will fit in the overheads. However, depending on when you board there may not be enough space anymore for that. I can't recall if my old 22" would fit in the middle 77W bins but it definitely fit in the side (A/K) ones so absolutely you're good on the dimensions. I just recommend getting on early. Especially if pey is full the space will fill up and your bag will get stuck in spare space in J or Y.
Thank you kindly.

Does PEY get priority boarding?

BJ
Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:41 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Thank you kindly.

Does PEY get priority boarding?

BJ
Yes.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by sxc
Yes.
Thanks.

So if I'm PEY and I'm the last PEY to board and they are out of overhead space in PEY I can just slide back a few rows and place my carry on in Y because is be boarding before Y, yes?

BJ
Old Apr 12, 2014, 6:21 am
Suspended

Thanks.

So if I'm PEY and I'm the last PEY to board and they are out of overhead space in PEY I can just slide back a few rows and place my carry on in Y because is be boarding before Y, yes?

BJ
No.

The rear of the whole plane isn't gonna wait for you just because you're still in the lounge having a drink. By the time PEY boards, depending on the route, good chance at least 60%+ of Y passengers with GR/SL/GO/DM/OWR/OWS/OWE status are already onboard.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
No.

The rear of the whole plane isn't gonna wait for you just because you're still in the lounge having a drink. By the time PEY boards, depending on the route, good chance at least 60%+ of Y passengers with GR/SL/GO/DM/OWR/OWS/OWE status are already onboard.

But I'm Premium. That means I should have Premium rights ahead of all Coach passengers, yes?

BJ
Old Apr 13, 2014, 11:31 am
Suspended

Premium Economy Seat assignment on 343

Dear FTers,

Apologize if it has been answered. I am wondering, on a 3-class 343 aircraft, what may be a good PEY seat on a long-haul flight? I was given 30A/C/G/K. Is there any good and sufficient legroom for 30A/K so I can cross over to the aisle in the middle of the flight w/o interrupting the adjacent passenger?

Many thanks!!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
PEY on CX should usually give you decent legrooms so I don't think it would be much of a concern
Old Apr 13, 2014, 7:53 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by kikid
Dear FTers,

Apologize if it has been answered. I am wondering, on a 3-class 343 aircraft, what may be a good PEY seat on a long-haul flight? I was given 30A/C/G/K. Is there any good and sufficient legroom for 30A/K so I can cross over to the aisle in the middle of the flight w/o interrupting the adjacent passenger?

Many thanks!!
I've just ,merged this with a thread that if you read back will have some discussion about good PEY seat selection.

Having said that, if anyone wants to create some notes summarising PEY seat selection, please do (you can create wiki at top if you want?) and then we can add it to the FAQs as we don't have good info in our FAQs about PEY seat selection at the moment.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:53 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Just booked a flight and PY was cheaper than Y (H fare). All is good.

<pic>

With, of course. Mine are just like this one only they're green so they are more eye-catching.

BJ

Just spray paint it bright pink or yellow; it'll be even more eye catching!
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by kikid
There are no seats in PEY that really allow you unencumbered access past another passenger. It depends on your agility, what the next person is doing, and whether the seats in the previous row are reclined.

You'll have the best chance if you are in the front row of PEY because you'll never have to worry about the previous row's recline, but if your neighbor is stretched out they still might notice you hopping over them.

Personally I believe the back row of PEY is preferable because you will never be asked to put your seat back up for any reason other than take-off and landing.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:29 am

So... I'm going to see my family in ICN soon and decided I might try this PEY thing out. (fare was a steal on sale actually, close to discount Y fares).

I currently got 30K selected on all longhaul sectors (33G) but the seat next to me is taken whereas entire row 33 is empty.

What do you guys reckon?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.