Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX Premium Economy Experiences and Thoughts [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX Premium Economy Experiences and Thoughts [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mitwg
So... I'm going to see my family in ICN soon and decided I might try this PEY thing out. (fare was a steal on sale actually, close to discount Y fares).

I currently got 30K selected on all longhaul sectors (33G) but the seat next to me is taken whereas entire row 33 is empty.

What do you guys reckon?
Stay at 30K if that's your preferred seat.
Highly unlikely row 33 will still be empty as your departure date get closer.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:47 am

You are right. I'll probably be angry at myself if I switch now only to find out I've lost both 30K and also there's someone next to me.

Perhaps it might be worth a try again after I've done OLCI and at the airport with the check in agent.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by boltjames

With, of course. Mine are just like this one only they're green so they are more eye-catching.

BJ
^^^

DYKWIA? My tags are even better. They're invisible, cause I don't need them, cause you should know me.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:42 pm

JFK to HGK, 777, Premium Economy:

Is there wi-fi on the plane? If not, any live TV broadcasts? Some channel with updated sports scores? I've got an NHL playoff game I'd like to be connected with, don't want to have to wait 18 hours to find out if my team won.

BJ
Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:54 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Sorry you'll have to wait 18 hours. No internet or live tv.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:23 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, AF, LH
Originally Posted by sxc
Have they disabled the phones you can use with a credit card?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pogmothoin
Have they disabled the phones you can use with a credit card?
I doubt OP's willing to pay...
Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
I doubt OP's willing to pay...
Surely this can be fixed by putting in the MPO card in the slot and swiping that
Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
Thank you.

Surely this can be fixed by putting in the MPO card in the slot and swiping that
As the tag is on the handle of my suitcase, I will have to pull it out of the overhead bin, slide the entire unit through the card reader, and then make my call. I am assuming that the special flight attendant in Premium Economy will assist me with this process.

BJ
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by boltjames
As the tag is on the handle of my suitcase, I will have to pull it out of the overhead bin, slide the entire unit through the card reader, and then make my call. I am assuming that the special flight attendant in Premium Economy will assist me with this process.

BJ
All 3 (2 tags + 1 MPO card) of them are attached to your suitcase??
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
All 3 (2 tags + 1 MPO card) of them are attached to your suitcase??
This is basically the principle of covering all 3 sides, so the special PE Bar & Cabin crew can see it from all angles.

In all seriousness though, aren't these tags free to order through CX's website? I hardly ever use them but whenever I use them, it is about as durable as a piece of paper so I find myself basically ordering one as I'm attaching it to the suitcase.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:34 pm

I just boarded at JFK, and the Marco Polo Club tags on the top and bottom handles did the trick.

Gate agent looked at the bags, saw the gleaming green tags, and allowed me to be the first Premium Economy member to board and it was while First Class was just boarding. 34A is great, the recline is better than expected, and the Briggs & Riley 22" fit perfectly in the overhead bin.

Thanks again to those who helped. My contribution to future PEY customers is, no, you don't need three Marco Polo luggage tags to be treated like a rock star; only takes two.

BJ
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Have a flight in few months to BOM
The planes alloted and seat selected are

77H : 34K . Here I selected the K seat because of the lavatory which is on the same side. But i seem to like the 32K seat also. Downsides being the lavatory just in front of it and maybe a bassinet and for some reason all seats in the first row are blocked. Should i stick to 34K?

77G : 33K. Again the Last row. I would like the 30K. No bassinet. No lavatory and seatguru says its a good seat. But all seats in row 30 show as occupied. I have heard the first rows in these planes dont have windows. Is this true?

33G : 33A . Last row. I think sticking to this seat would be the best option.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:10 pm

Just back from YVR to HKG and return.

YVR to HKG 77H:PE has its own lavatory. Much much cleaner and no line up. Taken the 32AC which is the second row on the other side of the lavatory. Have to walk in front of row 30 DEFG to get to lavatory. Still find it better than 32HK since it's too close. Will choose 32AC again in the future.

HKG to YVR 77G: - have to use lavatory in the Y. Always occupied and a bit dirty. Sit on 32HK. Third row. When it came dinner time, one of the choice is gone. No more steak, have to either pick fish or veggie. Not too happy about it.

Overall, I prefer the 77H since it has its own lavatory and it was a midnight flight so no kid and much quiet.
Old May 1, 2014, 5:01 am

Programs: AAdvatage Executive Platinum / Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club - Green
Originally Posted by littlecat
Just back from YVR to HKG and return.

YVR to HKG 77H:PE has its own lavatory. Much much cleaner and no line up. Taken the 32AC which is the second row on the other side of the lavatory. Have to walk in front of row 30 DEFG to get to lavatory. Still find it better than 32HK since it's too close. Will choose 32AC again in the future.

HKG to YVR 77G: - have to use lavatory in the Y. Always occupied and a bit dirty. Sit on 32HK. Third row. When it came dinner time, one of the choice is gone. No more steak, have to either pick fish or veggie. Not too happy about it.

Overall, I prefer the 77H since it has its own lavatory and it was a midnight flight so no kid and much quiet.
If you're going to walk across - DON'T DISTURB THE PEEPS IN THE FRONT ROW!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.