Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: qsh
77H (777-300ER, F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77h.html

F seats:
1A - very private. Protected by the divider between it and the D seats.

J seats:
Row 11, 12 mini-cabin - very quiet and private
15A has no windows
21 only 1 window.

Y+ seats:
32H/K have lots of legroom.
30D/E/F/G have huge legroom, but passengers walk in front of you to access bathroom. Light spills from bathroom particularly onto 30G.
31A has no window.
34H gets disturbed by the Y section curtain.

Y seats:

77G (777-300ER, no F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77g.html

J seats:
Row 19 has no windows

Y+ seats:
Row 30 has good legroom

Y seats:
39A/C/H/K - lots of legroom

773 (777-300)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300-73z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Row 39 and 67 are bulkheads with better than average legroom and fold out IFE screens
Row 46 missing the window
Row 53 ABC, HJK has very generous legroom but are missing window due to EMEX position. A and K have emergency slide constraining leg room. All seats are near lavs, so some congregation of people. 53DEF has good legroom at bulkhead.

772 (777-200)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-200/777-200-B772Z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Print Wikipost

777-300ER Best seat?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by gpia
2A is the best seat in the house

1A is somewhat exposed to the galley (and 1 & 2 DK are all exposed to each other, but you're not considering those anyhow)
Thanks for the info!

1st. time flying CX F in May and really looking forward for the experience. Called and 1A and 2A are taken, I appreciate your suggestion for the next best option (flying solo), as I feel a little disappointed with the rest of the sets by your description.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: CX Gold, MB Titanium
Originally Posted by Venezuela-Miami
Thanks for the info!

1st. time flying CX F in May and really looking forward for the experience. Called and 1A and 2A are taken, I appreciate your suggestion for the next best option (flying solo), as I feel a little disappointed with the rest of the sets by your description.
I have personal reasons for preferring K over A, always (I am left handed, thus find it much more comfortable to have my left hand free to use with no restricted movement). No matter which seat you end up in however, you'll still have a great experience. I can see being in any D seat would be disappointing cause you don't have the three windows, but again, you'll still have a great experience.

My only bit of advice would be to manage your expectations a bit. If you've flown long haul J, personally, I don't find F that much of an upgraded experience over it. That being said, any long haul F flight I've had has always been my best flight experience without a doubt.
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
Thanks for the info!

It's quite private no matter which seat you get. I wouldn't be disappointed sitting in 1K or 2K. I've had one CX F flight before and sat in 1A, which I'd take over 2A any day. The difference in galley noise/disturbance is negligible in my experience. That being said, 1A is taken on two upcoming sectors so I've had to settle for 2A .
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by somemale
I have personal reasons for preferring K over A, always (I am left handed, thus find it much more comfortable to have my left hand free to use with no restricted movement). No matter which seat you end up in however, you'll still have a great experience. I can see being in any D seat would be disappointing cause you don't have the three windows, but again, you'll still have a great experience.

My only bit of advice would be to manage your expectations a bit. If you've flown long haul J, personally, I don't find F that much of an upgraded experience over it. That being said, any long haul F flight I've had has always been my best flight experience without a doubt.
Thank you for the feedback, it is very much appreciated. it's my 1st time flying CX overall.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by AJ747M
It's quite private no matter which seat you get. I wouldn't be disappointed sitting in 1K or 2K. I've had one CX F flight before and sat in 1A, which I'd take over 2A any day. The difference in galley noise/disturbance is negligible in my experience. That being said, 1A is taken on two upcoming sectors so I've had to settle for 2A .
Thank you very much for the information. I'm glad you were able to get 2A.
I had 2D auto assigned, but 1K was available and selected it per your advice, and I really wanted a window seat.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Thanks for the info!

I would select seats in the following order: 2A, 1A, 2K, 1K, 2D, 1D.

The ordering of seats takes into account privacy, availability of a window, potential foot traffic, and potential galley noise.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I would select seats in the following order: 2A, 1A, 2K, 1K, 2D, 1D.

The ordering of seats takes into account privacy, availability of a window, potential foot traffic, and potential galley noise.
Thank you very much for the feedback. I'm currently assigned 1K but was considering 2K. As i'm flying in May i'll check closer to my flight date because i'm really looking forward for 2A.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Do the bulkhead J beds on the 77W’s have bigger footwells/longer beds? Row 21 in the no F config specifically.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by kar don
Do the bulkhead J beds on the 77W’s have bigger footwells/longer beds? Row 21 in the no F config specifically.
anyone?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
anyone?
yes they do
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:53 pm

The footwells have more space. I'm not sure if the bed is longer though.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Flying the 77G HKG-SFO in early March. Thoughts on 23A vs. 15K or 16K? I don't care about engine noise. Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Flying the 77G HKG-SFO in early March. Thoughts on 23A vs. 15K or 16K? I don't care about engine noise. Thanks!
I personally would stay away from mini cabin on 77G because there are no lavatory in Premium Econ, some of the people in PE will try to use business class lavatory
QRC3288 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cyster2007
I personally would stay away from mini cabin on 77G because there are no lavatory in Premium Econ, some of the people in PE will try to use business class lavatory
That would drive me nuts. Thanks.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:42 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Does anyone know which configs have a movable arm rests in PE seats E/F?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.