Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: qsh
77H (777-300ER, F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77h.html

F seats:
1A - very private. Protected by the divider between it and the D seats.

J seats:
Row 11, 12 mini-cabin - very quiet and private
15A has no windows
21 only 1 window.

Y+ seats:
32H/K have lots of legroom.
30D/E/F/G have huge legroom, but passengers walk in front of you to access bathroom. Light spills from bathroom particularly onto 30G.
31A has no window.
34H gets disturbed by the Y section curtain.

Y seats:

77G (777-300ER, no F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77g.html

J seats:
Row 19 has no windows

Y+ seats:
Row 30 has good legroom

Y seats:
39A/C/H/K - lots of legroom

773 (777-300)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300-73z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Row 39 and 67 are bulkheads with better than average legroom and fold out IFE screens
Row 46 missing the window
Row 53 ABC, HJK has very generous legroom but are missing window due to EMEX position. A and K have emergency slide constraining leg room. All seats are near lavs, so some congregation of people. 53DEF has good legroom at bulkhead.

772 (777-200)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-200/777-200-B772Z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Print Wikipost

777-300ER Best seat?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by zzz997
Fully agree as CX tended to piss off their elite. Even as a OWR I am free to choose all seat even those with marked with P.
On QF they usually reserve those best seats/ front rows to QF Platium One/Platium (AKA DMP/DM on CX) Even Gold can only start from around 6-8 rows from the front on Y.
But as a OWR myself this is the reason CX gets just about all my business to HKG and China.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by zzz997
Fully agree as CX tended to piss off their elite. Even as a OWR I am free to choose all seat even those with marked with P.
On QF they usually reserve those best seats/ front rows to QF Platium One/Platium (AKA DMP/DM on CX) Even Gold can only start from around 6-8 rows from the front on Y.
I think CX elites would find a reason to be p'd off whatever the airline does. It's the nature of HK. Fact is there are almost always far more non elites than elites on a flight, and if those passengers find on booking they can only get middle seats/back of the cabin they will be inclined to look elsewhere.

I know on the occasions i need a non Oneworld route if i can only select rubbish seats/none at all I'll look for another option.
SilverChris likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:20 pm
HAF

Originally Posted by freakinflyer001
No mate, 77G does have a mini cabin (though slightly larger than that of 77H), in row 21-23
The only window seat i could get on CX879/870 for my upcoming trip in two weeks is 21A - any experiences or feedback on this seat?

Many Thanks
--HAF
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HAF
The only window seat i could get on CX879/870 for my upcoming trip in two weeks is 21A - any experiences or feedback on this seat?

Many Thanks
--HAF
You'll be right behind the lavatory, but I'd still pick this over any middle seat given my strong preference for window seats. Note that you're behind the lavatory, not across from it like you would be in 20D, so you shouldn't be subject to light pollution (smell might be an issue though).
Old Nov 16, 2017, 2:02 pm
HAF

Originally Posted by dkc192
You'll be right behind the lavatory, but I'd still pick this over any middle seat given my strong preference for window seats. Note that you're behind the lavatory, not across from it like you would be in 20D, so you shouldn't be subject to light pollution (smell might be an issue though).
Trust me, i will change once another opens up. I have two weeks until the travel day so hopefully i can get a seat further upfront which is where I usually like to sit.

Thank you for your response
Old Nov 24, 2017, 9:26 am
HAF

Originally Posted by Enigma368
Hi Guys,

I am on a lastminute booking in Business class from YVR-HKG. It is the 777 with no first class(CX837). I wanted a window seat and there was only 19K and 21A. I have chosen 21A, is this the best choice? I understand it is near bathroom but I wanted a window and seatguru says 19k has no window.

Just wanted to confirm this was correct because seatguru is often wrong. I have searched a fair bit but there is misleading info (some people say 19k does have a window?).

EDIT: I think 19k on the 77D has a window but I am on the 77G(I think) so 19k def does not have window. There are more than one seat in row 15, so this means 77G right? Looks like 21A is best choice of the two.
I also have a last minute booking flying next week SFO-HKG and the only window seat I could get was 21A - seems business cabin is overbooked from what I an see, i have been monitoring seat availability for the past week since I made the booking and nothing seems to be opening up - actually I think I am lucky due to my AA status I was able to get 21A.

@Enigma368 - do you mind posting your experience, I am concerned about the proximity to the lav - and would like to hear from someone who actually sat there.

Regards
--HAF
Old Nov 25, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by HAF
I also have a last minute booking flying next week SFO-HKG and the only window seat I could get was 21A - seems business cabin is overbooked from what I an see, i have been monitoring seat availability for the past week since I made the booking and nothing seems to be opening up - actually I think I am lucky due to my AA status I was able to get 21A.

@Enigma368 - do you mind posting your experience, I am concerned about the proximity to the lav - and would like to hear from someone who actually sat there.

Regards
--HAF
Hi,

I flew MAD-HKG two weeks ago and could only choose 21A as a window seat. Whilst if the cabin is completely dark you may see some light especially on the cabin roof but nothing in your seat area ( it is nothing compared to 20D) if you have an eye mask it did not not bother me. I did not notice any smell or noise either. You do get a good view outside ( and looking back you see the huge wing and engine). The toilet is the large one on the a/c ( larger than the two at the front of the a/c)
During boarding if you are on first then you will have the rest of the a/c passing you by to heat to PE and Y but this is minor.
Overall not a bad seat.

Regards

TBS
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:38 pm

Location: California, USA / Tokyo, Japan / Manila, Philippines
Programs: AA / CX MPO AM / Hyatt Discoverist / Marriott Platinum / Shangri-La
Anyone knows if there is under the seat power port on 32K for a 77H, like this one?

http://benjaminjtravel.com/wp-conten...-Review-13.jpg

I've actually taken the flight and seat (at times it was 32H) but never bothered to check or have forgotten to. The blog source took that photo of 30A and on a 333 http://benjaminjtravel.com/2017/01/3...-to-singapore/
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by HAF

Regards
--HAF
Seat was absolutely fine. Did not notice lavatory use at all and seat felt very private and quiet on a 14 hour flight.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:51 pm
HAF

Originally Posted by Enigma368
Seat was absolutely fine. Did not notice lavatory use at all and seat felt very private and quiet on a 14 hour flight.
Thank you - fortunately 16K just opened up and I selected that one - mainly due to wanting to sit up front on the cabin. I appreciate the answer though and confirmation that 21A is OK.

--HAF

Last edited by HAF; Nov 28, 2017 at 9:59 pm Reason: update
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:45 am
HAF

Hey y'all - I am checking in for CX879 tomorrow and the seat map looks interesting - old herringbone instead of reverse. Is it just a visual glitch or it means something?

--HAF
Old Nov 30, 2017, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by HAF
Hey y'all - I am checking in for CX879 tomorrow and the seat map looks interesting - old herringbone instead of reverse. Is it just a visual glitch or it means something?

--HAF
Certainly a glitch. There are no CX planes left that have the old herringbone seats.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: MPC Gold
Hi -- heard different viewpoints on best PEY seats so thought I'd just provide what seats I have for my flights and if anyone can chime in on pros / cons that'd be fantastic:

CX 838 HKG to YVR, Seats 31A and 31C, I believe this uses the 77G so no lavatory in our cabin
CX 889 YVR to HKG, Seats 31A and 31C (exit row) this uses the 77H so there is a lavatory but it is on the opposite side of our row

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by dmatthew
Hi -- heard different viewpoints on best PEY seats so thought I'd just provide what seats I have for my flights and if anyone can chime in on pros / cons that'd be fantastic:

CX 838 HKG to YVR, Seats 31A and 31C, I believe this uses the 77G so no lavatory in our cabin
CX 889 YVR to HKG, Seats 31A and 31C (exit row) this uses the 77H so there is a lavatory but it is on the opposite side of our row

Thanks in advance!
77H (889): 31AC are IMO the best seats in the cabin. Unlimited legroom with no pax crossing over in front of you to access the lav on the HK side. The only downside is that 31A is missing a window.
77G (838): 31AC are standard seats with no particular upside or downside. Row 30 has some extra legroom, though I believe the legroom there is being reduced to make room for installing legrests in other rows. There is no way to predict or know in advance whether this will apply to your particular flight and airframe, though.
dmatthew likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: MPC Gold
Originally Posted by dkc192
77H (889): 31AC are IMO the best seats in the cabin. Unlimited legroom with no pax crossing over in front of you to access the lav on the HK side. The only downside is that 31A is missing a window.
77G (838): 31AC are standard seats with no particular upside or downside. Row 30 has some extra legroom, though I believe the legroom there is being reduced to make room for installing legrests in other rows. There is no way to predict or know in advance whether this will apply to your particular flight and airframe, though.
Thank you very much @dkc192 for this info. Was actually originally seated 32AC on the 77H (889) but switched when I was reading through the forums. Your comment only reinforced that switch haha. Don't mind not having a window anyways :-)

Thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.