Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: qsh
77H (777-300ER, F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77h.html

F seats:
1A - very private. Protected by the divider between it and the D seats.

J seats:
Row 11, 12 mini-cabin - very quiet and private
15A has no windows
21 only 1 window.

Y+ seats:
32H/K have lots of legroom.
30D/E/F/G have huge legroom, but passengers walk in front of you to access bathroom. Light spills from bathroom particularly onto 30G.
31A has no window.
34H gets disturbed by the Y section curtain.

Y seats:

77G (777-300ER, no F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77g.html

J seats:
Row 19 has no windows

Y+ seats:
Row 30 has good legroom

Y seats:
39A/C/H/K - lots of legroom

773 (777-300)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300-73z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Row 39 and 67 are bulkheads with better than average legroom and fold out IFE screens
Row 46 missing the window
Row 53 ABC, HJK has very generous legroom but are missing window due to EMEX position. A and K have emergency slide constraining leg room. All seats are near lavs, so some congregation of people. 53DEF has good legroom at bulkhead.

772 (777-200)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-200/777-200-B772Z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Print Wikipost

777-300ER Best seat?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:51 pm

Programs: Asia Miles, Flying Blue, Skywards
Flying wednesday and a lovely gentleman at Cathay has secured me 60G for my CX250 flight. Reason being so I can disembark quickly at HKG to make connection flight.
I was wondering whether this seat is good and whether the TV is connected to wall or in armrest? My eyesight is appalling so if its far away I will take my glasses..

Any help would be great
Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by icegaemr
Flying wednesday and a lovely gentleman at Cathay has secured me 60G for my CX250 flight. Reason being so I can disembark quickly at HKG to make connection flight.
I was wondering whether this seat is good and whether the TV is connected to wall or in armrest? My eyesight is appalling so if its far away I will take my glasses..

Any help would be great
Since 60G is a bassinet location, it's possible you could be bumped to a different seat on the day of departure. Also, row 60 is about half way through the Y cabin. If you want a fast exit, sit as far forward as possible.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by swingaling
Since 60G is a bassinet location, it's possible you could be bumped to a different seat on the day of departure. Also, row 60 is about half way through the Y cabin. If you want a fast exit, sit as far forward as possible.
That is unfortunately the case for bassinet positions. Row 60 is actually at the front of the main Y cabin. The front Y cabin is usually blocked for OWR or MPC SL or higher. So row 59/60 is probably the best a non-frequent traveler can get in a 77H. Poster can change seat at OLCI.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
The front Y cabin is usually blocked for OWR or MPC SL or higher. So row 59/60 is probably the best a non-frequent traveler can get in a 77H. Poster can change seat at OLCI.
Ah good point, I'd forgotten about that.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Will be on a 73Z in Y and currently booked into 53. Would anyone recommend any other seat? I'm 6'4"
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:08 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Will be on a 73Z in Y and currently booked into 53. Would anyone recommend any other seat? I'm 6'4"
why would you want to change? you got Y++. even the middle bulkhead is good
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Just not familiar with CX so wanted to check
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
40C or 40H for a tall person?

Flying coach soon on a 77H. It looks like my only decent options are 40C or 40H. I'm 6'5 with broad shoulders (I'm that guy you dread seeing headed toward the seat next to you ).

On EF 40B shows as occupied while 40J shows as blocked. It looks like 40C has plenty of legroom, but it also looks like the bulkhead in front of 40H ends just to the right of the seat so there should be enough legroom.

The loads on EF appear light, so should I hold out hope that the block will hold and there will be an empty seat next to 40H?

Suggestions?

Last edited by PHLGovFlyer; Oct 25, 2017 at 1:40 pm
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Flying coach soon on a 77H. It looks like my only decent options are 40C or 40H. I'm 6'5 with broad shoulders (I'm that guy you dread seeing headed toward the seat next to you ).

On EF 40B shows as occupied while 40J shows as blocked. It looks like 40C has plenty of legroom, but it also looks like the bulkhead in front of 40H ends just to the right of the seat so there should be enough legroom.

The loads on EF appear light, so should I hold out hope that the block will hold and there will be an empty seat next to 40H?

Suggestions?
I believe 40J is a bassinet seat, which is why it shows up as blocked. I'll leave it up to you to decide whether you want to roll the dice on having a baby and his/her parent(s) in close proximity for your flight.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:24 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer

Suggestions?
between 40C and H I will take 40C. There is immense legroom since you don’t have a seat in front of you since 39 AC are in front of 40 AB.

Even if the bassinet point is not used, 40 J will be under airport control and released for check in so don’t hope for an empty seat.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Gold, Krisflyer, Global Entry
Can you provide their input on the 71AC or 71HK? These are only 2 seats at the very back but as they are next to the lavatory, how bad is it? I'll be on CX889 on 77G. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: CX Gold
I have several sectors in the mini cabin of the 77H. What are the chances of my seat being moved as most of the seats in the mini cabin are priority seats?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by boybi
I have several sectors in the mini cabin of the 77H. What are the chances of my seat being moved as most of the seats in the mini cabin are priority seats?
Very low. The airline may need to take a seat for a passenger with disability, or to sit children with adults, or for bassinets, but those reasons apply to all seats, not just the mini-cabin.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by boybi
Very low.

This is a big problem of MPC / CX, but it definitely benefits folks like yourself. Regardless how they designate the minicabin, everyone who books early - including non or low status pax, partner elites, partner awards, etc. - can snag them if they're endeavoring enough. And CX won't kick you out.

Essentially, the CX system often works in favor of early-booking award or cash pax, and against last minute high value cash pax. I​​​​ don't know if I'm typical DM but I usually book late (whether as cash or award ticket), and I rarely can score the minicabin as a result. Only if I book in advance. For the record CX does this in the F cabin too.

My interpretation is CX is essentially leaving money on the table by pissing off cash pax and their own elites. But this is how they've always done it. I *wish* they'd adopt a JAL or BA model where certain seats are reserved for only the home metal (CX in this case) elites, or cash pax of a certain fare class. But I've been hoping for this for almost a decade to no avail. I'm not holding my breath. I am certain it is obviously low hanging fruit that would increase the value of MPC, but it doesn't seem CX has that priority in the face of other problems.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: QF Platium(OWE)/CX Diamond(OWE)/SPG Platium/Marriott Titanium/Hyatt Globalist/Accor Platium/
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Very low.

This is a big problem of MPC / CX, but it definitely benefits folks like yourself. Regardless how they designate the minicabin, everyone who books early - including non or low status pax, partner elites, partner awards, etc. - can snag them if they're endeavoring enough. And CX won't kick you out.

Essentially, the CX system often works in favor of early-booking award or cash pax, and against last minute high value cash pax. I​​​​ don't know if I'm typical DM but I usually book late (whether as cash or award ticket), and I rarely can score the minicabin as a result. Only if I book in advance. For the record CX does this in the F cabin too.

My interpretation is CX is essentially leaving money on the table by pissing off cash pax and their own elites. But this is how they've always done it. I *wish* they'd adopt a JAL or BA model where certain seats are reserved for only the home metal (CX in this case) elites, or cash pax of a certain fare class. But I've been hoping for this for almost a decade to no avail. I'm not holding my breath. I am certain it is obviously low hanging fruit that would increase the value of MPC, but it doesn't seem CX has that priority in the face of other problems.
Fully agree as CX tended to piss off their elite. Even as a OWR I am free to choose all seat even those with marked with P.
On QF they usually reserve those best seats/ front rows to QF Platium One/Platium (AKA DMP/DM on CX) Even Gold can only start from around 6-8 rows from the front on Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.