Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: qsh
77H (777-300ER, F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77h.html

F seats:
1A - very private. Protected by the divider between it and the D seats.

J seats:
Row 11, 12 mini-cabin - very quiet and private
15A has no windows
21 only 1 window.

Y+ seats:
32H/K have lots of legroom.
30D/E/F/G have huge legroom, but passengers walk in front of you to access bathroom. Light spills from bathroom particularly onto 30G.
31A has no window.
34H gets disturbed by the Y section curtain.

Y seats:

77G (777-300ER, no F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77g.html

J seats:
Row 19 has no windows

Y+ seats:
Row 30 has good legroom

Y seats:
39A/C/H/K - lots of legroom

773 (777-300)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300-73z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Row 39 and 67 are bulkheads with better than average legroom and fold out IFE screens
Row 46 missing the window
Row 53 ABC, HJK has very generous legroom but are missing window due to EMEX position. A and K have emergency slide constraining leg room. All seats are near lavs, so some congregation of people. 53DEF has good legroom at bulkhead.

772 (777-200)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-200/777-200-B772Z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Print Wikipost

777-300ER Best seat?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2015, 8:17 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
HKG-DPS is a 73Z and I'll go for 15HK if available.

AMS-HKG you know at present you're sitting apart right? It's a 77G and I would go for 15DG or 16DG on those planes but I too am asking whether mini-cabin (rows 20-23 http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Cat...77-300ER_C.php) is a better idea.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 8:37 pm

On the AMS leg I would sit as far forward as possible. It will be quieter and have a greater feel of privacy as you can see less people around you. The mini cabin is still quite big compared to the 77H and I find it very loud right next to the engines.

I don't think there's much difference in the regional J seats on the 773.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:04 pm

phol: Wouldn't front kitchen noise be a bother? I never attempted to get 11DG seats on 33G or 77G because of it.

Frpm my 11G seat on 77H a couple of days ago I found the back kitchen noise to be quite noticeable already. I wouldn't want to be any closer.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith
phol: Wouldn't front kitchen noise be a bother? I never attempted to get 11DG seats on 33G or 77G because of it.

Frpm my 11G seat on 77H a couple of days ago I found the back kitchen noise to be quite noticeable already. I wouldn't want to be any closer.
I don't notice it, and the galley is front right and quite a bit forward of Row 11 anyway. In 11A you are nowhere near. CX crews are also generally very good at keeping noise down compared to other carriers I've flown.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by phol
I don't notice it, and the galley is front right and quite a bit forward of Row 11 anyway. In 11A you are nowhere near. CX crews are also generally very good at keeping noise down compared to other carriers I've flown.
Same for both 33G and 77G?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:15 am

I sat on 11A on 33G on a red-eye flight before and had a nice full-flight sleep there, and I consider myself a light sleeper!
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:40 am

Not flown the long haul 330s as much, but ive never been disturbed by any CX galley crew as far as i remember.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 2:08 am

thanks to everyone for input :-)

Even though our flights are in July/August 2016, the choice of seats on leg AMS-HKG and HKG-AMS is quite limited and not all seats mentioned by you are available. Anyway, all seats which I've reserved are in the front part of J class, which seems to be OK, doesn't it?

I'm confused with seat plans of AMS-HKG and HKG-AMS flights, as CX website shows a plan which is different to seatguru plan. Both show two separated J cabins, one bigger and one smaller, but:
a) according to CX the first one is closer to the front and the second closer to Y+ cabin,
b) according to seatguru, they're in opposite order.

AMS-HKG you know at present you're sitting apart right?
Yes, I'm aware of it . I'd like to have seats next to windows on one leg, however, it's possible that I'll change to seats in the middle.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by tropikey
I'm confused with seat plans of AMS-HKG and HKG-AMS flights, as CX website shows a plan which is different to seatguru plan. Both show two separated J cabins, one bigger and one smaller, but:
a) according to CX the first one is closer to the front and the second closer to Y+ cabin,
They seem to be the same to me. There are two versions though, so maybe check you are comparing like with like.

For the "77G" version (no First Class):
http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_H...300er-77g.html
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Cat...77-300ER_C.php

For the "77H" version (with First Class):
http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_H...300er-77h.html
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Cat...77-300ER_A.php
Old Oct 29, 2015, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by tropikey

Even though our flights are in July/August 2016, the choice of seats on leg AMS-HKG and HKG-AMS is quite limited and not all seats mentioned by you are available. Anyway, all seats which I've reserved are in the front part of J class, which seems to be OK, doesn't it?

AMS is operated by the 77G (no F), which is the aircraft that has the smaller cabin at the rear of the business section. I suspect you are looking at the wrong aircraft on seatguru.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:48 am

Following some suggestions here, I changed our AMS-HKG seats to 21 D and G (small J section). HKG-AMS leg remains the same (middle 16, large J section), so I'll have chance to compare both sections :-)

Once again, thanks a lot for your help :-)

Best regards, Bartek
Old Nov 4, 2015, 2:01 pm

Ended up in 24A

Yes this seat has a misaligned window but was exceptionally quiet - I received an opportunity for every meal choice available - I also liked the dorm room -

I sat in 12A the mini cabin on the way back and it was good but for some reason felt "tight "compared to the dorm room.

Thanks for the help - it was a very nice flight as I am used to UA, I fly UA EWR - SFO - HKG twice a year and UA EWR - HKG twice as well

what a difference an airline can make - I have always been happy when flying UA ewr 777 vs the sfo UA 747 - this was a completely upgraded experience - I will take CP J over UA F on the 747 any day of the week, the 747 J is not even in the same category of a flight experience.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 11:37 pm

Programs: CX, SQ
HKG-LAX

I will fly HKG-LAX on early January in economy class, and the only seat remain for the availability (That I think good) are 39E and 60D.

And other else are just the middle seat..

Which one should I take? Any advice? 39E is in the front and bulkhead, and 60D is also bulkhead but in the second cabin.

Thanks
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:52 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by indrahandoyo
I will fly HKG-LAX on early January in economy class, and the only seat remain for the availability (That I think good) are 39E and 60D.

And other else are just the middle seat..

Which one should I take? Any advice? 39E is in the front and bulkhead, and 60D is also bulkhead but in the second cabin.

Thanks
I will take the D seat anytime to avoid having to climb over your neighbour either side to go to the loo.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:54 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Hi there, by any chance, does anyone know if the leg room on row 39 is the same across the 77G and 77H is similar?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.