Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: qsh
77H (777-300ER, F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77h.html

F seats:
1A - very private. Protected by the divider between it and the D seats.

J seats:
Row 11, 12 mini-cabin - very quiet and private
15A has no windows
21 only 1 window.

Y+ seats:
32H/K have lots of legroom.
30D/E/F/G have huge legroom, but passengers walk in front of you to access bathroom. Light spills from bathroom particularly onto 30G.
31A has no window.
34H gets disturbed by the Y section curtain.

Y seats:

77G (777-300ER, no F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77g.html

J seats:
Row 19 has no windows

Y+ seats:
Row 30 has good legroom

Y seats:
39A/C/H/K - lots of legroom

773 (777-300)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300-73z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Row 39 and 67 are bulkheads with better than average legroom and fold out IFE screens
Row 46 missing the window
Row 53 ABC, HJK has very generous legroom but are missing window due to EMEX position. A and K have emergency slide constraining leg room. All seats are near lavs, so some congregation of people. 53DEF has good legroom at bulkhead.

772 (777-200)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-200/777-200-B772Z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Print Wikipost

777-300ER Best seat?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA 1.5MM 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Hong Kong agents will release those seats. Not sure about the USA example, as they similarly released the seats to me last year.
Thanks. I think people reported mixed signals regarding which agents would/would not release these seats prior to day of travel seat selection. I figured I'd avoid chancing it and simply called Singapore. Maybe I didn't need to, but what the heck.
Old May 2, 2015, 1:58 am

How is seat 39K (bulkhead) on the 3 class 77W? Flying LAX-HKG on a reward ticket, so I am only able to choose my seat through QR's website. Could CX change my seat if they need to accommodate families travelling together?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: Cathy Pacific Silver, Hilton Honors Gold, Hertz Five Star
Do the exit row seats recline? I seem to find conflicting info between seatguru and seatexpert. I can reserve row 59 with my silver status, but don't want to if there is no recline.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by boilerhoops10
Do the exit row seats recline? I seem to find conflicting info between seatguru and seatexpert. I can reserve row 59 with my silver status, but don't want to if there is no recline.
seatexpert is indicating there is no seat in front of you that is able to recline into your space... not that the exit row seat itself can't recline.

The answer to your question is 'yes' the seat does recline.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by gdm698
Just wondering if anyone has had any personal experience with these seats on the 777 300ER, choice between 40C, 59C or 59H... thanks!
A couple of things I haven't seen brought up, and thought I'd chime in:
  • 59C vs. 59H - There's a toilet close to 59C and none by 59H for the 77H aircraft. Fair to say you'd have more people lingering/waiting for toilets around 59C thus 59H is a better bet?
  • Do you reckon ground staff would place families who need bassinets in row 39 first, and only in row 59 if both bassinets in 39 are used? If so, row 59 has a clear probability advantage in terms of avoiding the crying baby situation.
  • 40C would have all the folks in premium economy coming through the curtains to use the bathroom behind. This could be annoying? Though 59 has the galley which could be equally annoying.
  • Seems the passengers in 40A/B cannot exit their seat without bothering 40C? This is not an issue for 59C and 59H.

Given the above, am thinking whether 40C is the best seat? Almost seems 59H would be? Happy to hear folk's thoughts on the above...
Old Jun 28, 2015, 10:59 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Marco Polo, Skywards, Etihad Guest, IHG, Aeroplan
i am booked on seat 39K and 39A for my upcoming trip to YYZ and JFK. how likely is it that i will be moved to other seat due to families requiring bassinet? and when it happens, do i have a say as to where I should be moved? do I have bargaining power over the family if I insist to stay on seats 39A and 39K?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 12:37 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I can't answer the first part, but for the second - if there is a baby, don't you want to move?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
I can't answer the first part, but for the second - if there is a baby, don't you want to move?
well i have a noise canceling headphone and I am a person who can sleep anytime anywhere so having a baby nearby does not really bother me. The reason why I would like to remain seated on 39A and K is because of the window, the leg room and the fact that there is only one person next to me
Old Jun 29, 2015, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by rienhart87
i am booked on seat 39K and 39A for my upcoming trip to YYZ and JFK. how likely is it that i will be moved to other seat due to families requiring bassinet? and when it happens, do i have a say as to where I should be moved? do I have bargaining power over the family if I insist to stay on seats 39A and 39K?
There is a very small possibility that you might be moved for operational reasons. For example the baby might have special needs, or the mother might require special assistance. If you are moved for operational reasons, there's not a lot you can do about it. Seat assignments are not guaranteed.

If you are on board and are approached to ask if you'd mind moving seats (rather than being directed to for operational reasons), you are under no obligation to do so. You just need to explain your reasons for selecting that seat (extra leg-room), and leave it at that.

The crew may find another equal or better seat and offer it to you. It's up to you to decide if you want to take their offer, or to stay put.

As a passenger you have no bargaining power at any time. Seat assignments do not belong to the passenger, and they aren't guaranteed.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 1:37 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Well rienhart87 can insist only one parent is needed for the baby and insist on his window seat.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 1:51 am

hmm true true.. thanks percysmith and LHR/MEL/Europe FF!! that makes sense. i'll just cross my fingers that there will be no situation where the bassinet is needed on the day I am flying
Old Jun 29, 2015, 1:58 am

Programs: MPC, Marriott, Hyatt
Had this situation - I booked bassinet seat with newborn, and my wife was in another aisle seat. During check in, we asked to be seated together but someone else was in the window seat next to the bassinet seat already. They only promised to ask that person whether he would be willing to move, and it turns out the kind man was happy to not sit next to the newborn, so we got to sit together, but I believe they were perfectly okay with not sitting us together if he wasn't willing to move.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:07 am

A question about economy seats 59A/K. I assume that the door slide intrudes a bit here. Is it a lot for a 6' tall person? Is it cold by that door? Do bulkhead rows 39/40 and 60 DEG have more leg room? I know it is a bassinent seat and they have priority. Sometimes the bulkhead seats has less room than a normal seat since one cannot slide one's feet under the seat in front of you.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:11 am

Any idea of 39e in 77g? is the legroom of the center 39 very small compare to central 43? Is 77A/K a better seat

Last edited by shendaixiaoshi; Aug 30, 2015 at 2:31 am
Old Sep 16, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: CX SQ AA UA SPG ...
My humble opinion

I've flown coach multiple times on these CX planes and my fav is 72D and 72G and here's my humble opinion:

http://dtsaoo.blogspot.com/2015/02/c...onomy.html?m=1

Last edited by Dtsao; Sep 16, 2015 at 9:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.